This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

I thought that it would be nice to have a discussion group for our recruits that are in Ship 02 Div 921. So join in fellow Moms. Thank you.

Views: 727

Replies to This Discussion

Still no letter and it's Friday. Reading other posts I thought for sure I would have that first letter by now. I think I am having a nervous breakdown..Just need to know he is doing OK. Sam's Mom

Hello ladies :) just 39 more days!!! Crossing my fingers for that phone call on the 28th as promised!!

Well, today is the 28th! I was told he can call on the 28th and it's 11:37 here but it's 10:37 there and still no call or letter yet. Anyone else from 02/921 get a letter or call yet??

This is Sam's Mom. My son is in the same division. No letter, no call. This is awful..I am losing it..

I know how you feel. Such a dissapointment to not receive that long waited phone call. I woke up yest.moring as was soooo excited this is the day I'll hear from him! When he called on Feb 7th to let me know he made it to boot he said his next call will be the 28th. I heard through Navy Recruit Training Demand on FB that sometimes there's one or two RT's that don't get the chance to call because maybe their on duty watch or some other duty and they can't while the other's can. And someone I know that went through boot said he couldn't call when they said because there were so many divisions scheduled to make calls that day and they only have one call center for hundreds of RT's. That they will reschedule the calls. Thing is I was off work yest. and when I'm at work I can't answer my cell phone on the floor(I'm an STNA in a nursing home, I take care of the elderly) I'm off today but I have to go out with LifeCare to take someone to a DR.s appt. atleast I can text/call on my cell on those appt.'s but tomorrow I'm working 12 hrs. Going out with LifeCare in the morning then I work the floor 2-10pm so I REALLY hope I get that call today! I also heard we will be getting our letter's this week. Guess they can't actually send out all their letter's they've been writing all along until this week (3rd week). So let's hope we get either one this week. Keep in touch! I'm really surprised that hardly anyone talks on this forum to help each other out and I'm glad you responded. GO NAVY!

Oh so good to hear from another mother in the same boat..I'm just out the door for work...Hoping for us today brings something., I will stay in touch meanwhile praying our boys are OK  Sams Mom

Nothing yet. Was hopeing for a phone call tonight since we didn't get one last night. :( Be nice to hear from other Navy mom's that's in our division too :) Come on ladies let's talk!! :) God Bless our 'lil Navy men!!!

Hi my son is Coreoy and he is part of ship 02 and div. 951.  I just recieved my first letter from him yesterday.  He says he is part of teh graduation ceremony.  Flag holder I guess.  I am very proud!  I miss him terribly but now that I have heard from him I am a bit less crazy, and my husband can stand me again:)

Has anyone booked flights, mad reservations etc?  Am I late with this?

We booked a hotel in Waukegan, Ill the day we receieved the form letter.

Still no letter from my son 02/921 but i know others from 02/921 who got one yesterday :)

I am praying you get your letter soon not hearing can make you crazy...my thoughts are with you..Sam's Mom

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service