UPDATE: December 27, 2011. Hello to all newcomers. Welcome to Navy For Moms. You should join the Boot Camp Moms group (clickable link). We have a special group of ladies who will take you through the entire Boot Camp & PIR process. You should also review the videos, powerpoint presentations listed as reference pages (located under member icons) in the New Member Stop Here group (clickable link). Finally, keep in mind the Recruit Training Command (clickable link) has an official website. Most of your questions can be found within these three groups. If not, someone will be able to direct you to the right place/person to get the answer. Please take the time and effort to educate yourself.
If you have received you form letter, find your PIR date and join one of the established groups listed below.
PIR: Feb 17, 2012 TG 13
PIR: Feb 10, 2012 TG 12 - 11 Divisions (061–068, 805, 806 & 912)
PIR: Feb 3, 2012 TG 11 - 10 Divisions (053–060, 804 & 911)
PIR: Jan 27, 2012 TG 10 - 7 Divisions (047 - 052 & 910)
PIR: Jan 20, 2012 TG 09 - 5 Divisions (043–046 & 909)
PIR: Jan 13, 2012 TG 08 - 7 Divisions (037–042 & 908)
PIR: Jan 6, 2012 TG 07 - 9 Divisions (029-036 & 907)
PIR: Dec 29, 2011 TG 06 - 10 Divisions (021-028, 904 & 906)
NONE on December 23, 2011 per Recruit Training Command
NONE on December 9, 2011 per Recruit Training Command
PIR: Dec 2. 2011 TG 03 - 11 Divisions (009–016, 802, 803 & 903)
PIR: Nov 23, 2011 TG 02 - 4 Divisions (007–008, 801 & 902) note it's Wednesday
Note: After the PIR date, the groups will stay intact but with the words "ALUMNI" / "GRADUATE" on Group Name. Good luck and thank your sailor recruit for his/her service to our country.
Special thanks to all the "newcomers" (not green anymore) who have started PIR groups. It means so much more when you all are involved. Not only have some of you started PIR groups but you are coming back and posting responses to comments from brand new members in BLOGS, GROUPS and FORUM Discussions.
Furthermore, we must thank the following experienced veteran members who have been stalwarts in keeping this tradition going: FireTeamLeaderWife, diannep, Lala Ribbon Queen, lemonelephant, Betsy and others (my apologies I am forgetful this morning).
Keep the following in mind whenever you log on:
1. Check your personal page - click the "MY PAGE" tab on menu bar above on a regular basis. On your personal page, on the left just underneath you profile photo, you'll the words "Blog Posts" (the number of blogs you have started), "Discussions" (the number discussions you have commented on), "Event" (the number of Events you have RSVPed for), "Groups" (the number of groups you belong to) etc. you can access your groups, In the middle section, you'll find activities on groups you started and comments other members have left for you.
2. Check your SIGN IN/SIGN OUT box on the upper right. This a always visible on your screen to provide quick access to check your messages, friend requests and access settings (the place to go to change your USERNAME, password, profile and email settings).
3. To go to your groups, click "GROUPS" tab, then "My Groups" (in small letters on left) or access from your own page.
4. If you are getting way too many email notifications, just click "Stop Following" wherever you see it. That will start to notifications. Be careful if you use Setting/Email to control the notifications; otherwise, you won't get any and won't know if someone has sent your a friends request or if there is an important message from one of your group(s). Remember the email notifications are just that, if you get an email notification and part of a message is visible, you can't reply to that message by replying to the email notifcation. You have to log on the Navy For Moms, then click on INBOX. A link is normally provided with you notification.
5. For your convenience, we have other reference material in an area that is easy to. Go to New Members Stop Here and look at the PAGES (there are 10). You'll find Boot Camp videos, link to RTC, acronyms and more.
6. SEARCH function. This should be your best friend. You can find just anything if you use this function (for searching for members, groups, discussions or blogs).
NEW added on October 5, 2011
Are you getting an overwhelming number of email notifications? Just click "STOP FOLLOWING" in all your groups and whatever BLOG or FORUM Discussion you have been participating in. This won't stop all the email notifications. You'll still get one when you get a private message, when you get a friend request, when someone post a comment on your page or when you are an invitation to join a group or an event. THIS IS OK because you want to get those email notifications; otherwise, how would you know that someone has been trying to contact you.
New added on October 30, 2011
If you are running out of things to write about (to your recruit at BC), consider copying articles of interest on a plain paper, then on reverse side you can add your notes. Keep everything light. Don't go into heavy family issues. Stay positive. They'll be looking to you for encouragement and support. Here is a link to a discussion with a Questionaire that many have found useful.
Welcome to Navy For Moms.