This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
My boyfriend left for navy today..he just gave me his last call few minutes ago and I can't tell you how much it killed me when he said its his last call for few weeks..I m really close to my boyfriend and without him, everything feels awful..so I just wanted to see if there is anyone who have their son or boyfriend left for navy on jan 15th..I really need somebody to talk to...

Views: 5857

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My sailor did not leave today, but I will never forget the day he left (especially because I missed that last call). Just thinking about it brings back all kinds of emotions. I can compare the first day to ripping off a band-aid. It HURTS at first, and gradually it gets easier. You will have good and bad days. It helped me to start writing him right away. I wrote him every single day and it helped tons. He will LOVE getting your letters too. My sailor said he got the most and enjoyed every bit of it. You can send him pictures too. I would take random pictures and send them to him. Some print it out on regular paper, but I had mine printed out at walgreens and they were fine. I ended up sending him a self addressed stamped manila envelope folded up into a regular sized envelope so he could send back all the letter and extra pictures we all sent. They don't have much room in their racks (bed) for storage. 

Try keeping yourself really busy. Try focusing on making yourself even better for your SR. For example, I focused on a healthy mind and body. I started clean eating, working out, and working on my positive thinking. He loved all the quotes and verses I would send him that I would find in my research. I also started a photo book that I am still putting together to give him after his A school. But choose things that make you happy. It will kill time and keep your spirits up while you are by yourself. This site will help tons because friends that do not know what you are feeling will not understand. Don't be afraid to ask questions and look around. There is so much information on here and so many that are ready to help. If you have any more questions or just need to vent I'm here. You can add me and message me if you like. It's ok to cry, it'll get better. You'll soon have letters to look forward to every week. Phew! that was alot but I hope it helped!

wow - that was awesome post.  My daughter is 2 weeks away from graduating and she was very happy to hear of the good things that I'm doing for myself.  

Thank u so much...it did help alot specially when I read it right after my first night without him...when did ur sailor left??

He left back in November. He has already graduated and is now in Pensacola waiting to start school. I have been through all the ups and downs you will be going through, just like the other girls on the site so feel free to ask me any questions. Don't feel like you are the only one. :) You'll make it, I promise!

My son left from Houston on Monday, January 14, so he will probably be in the same TG as your boyfriend.  Have you watched the videos on this site? They really helped me understand what my son is experiencing at this time.  I keep telling myself the "No news is good news" mantra, that if I haven't heard anything, then it means he is doing well, progressing in his training, being fed and taken care of, and is safe. If you haven't yet, go to the Survival Guide for Navy for Moms Newbies page at http://www.navyformoms.com/forum/topics/survival-guide-for-navy-for... All of the information (and videos) on that page really helped me alot. Take care and I'll bet we get to see our guys graduate about March 15.

My daughter also left for boot camp on Monday, January 14. I agree with Cathy, writing every day has been helping me adjust to her absence. My daughter and I are extremely close so this has been difficult to say the least! Staying busy really helps. What makes it worse is that my husband and I are now officially empty nesters! The quiet is deafening in this house.
I work part time but I think I'm going to increase my hours just to stay busy!
Best of luck to you and just remember, our loved ones are doing an amazing thing by serving our country!

Luckily I've already adjusted to the empty nest. You and your husband will really enjoy it, once the newness wears off. I wonder if our kids will have PIR on 3/8 or 3/15? I can't wait to get the form letter and find out for sure. For now, I'm writing my son a letter each day, and plan to mail them in a bundle to him once I receive his address. I don't trust anything from the recruiter because I've already found a few things he told my son that were wrong, such as giving him an outdated (2008 version) grade sheet that said his A School would be 14 weeks in Great Lakes, when it's actually 19 weeks in San Antonio. We were so happy to find that out, since he will be much closer to home for A School. What will your daughter's grade be? My son will be a hospital corpsman. Take care and hopefully these weeks fly by until we're standing there in Great Lakes ready to watch PIR and hug our babies!

From what we've been told, her PIR will be 3/15. But I've also learned not to believe everything the recruiters say! She is going to be an AZ, aviation maintenance administrationman. We are getting different info on where her A school will be. Her recruiter said Meridian, MS but the chief at her recruiters office said it would be in Pensacola. Six and one half dozen to us, we're in CA so both are too far away for my liking! I am counting down the Fridays to graduation. 9 to go!

AZ "A" School is in Meridian, MS at Naval Air Station Meridian. Sometime between now and the end of BC, check out Moms of the Aviation Maintenance Administrators AZAirman Family and Friends, Sailors attending A School in Meridian, Mississippi, and Meridian Mississippi A School family&friends.  There are also pages on fB, NAS Meridian Facebook Page and  NTTC Meridian Facebook Page. The info card for AZ can be found at https://www.cool.navy.mil/enlisted/rating_info_cards/az.pdf.

I see you have joined DEP-Leavin' for Boot Camp in January; also join the group, Boot Camp Moms (and loved ones).

PIR will either be 03/08/2013 or 03/15/2013 depending on when the division formed. You will not know until you receive the form letter.

(Group names and links within this reply are clickable links.)

Thank you lemonelephant for those links. I will definitely go check those out!

You are very welcome.

Where did you find out approx. PIR date . My son flew out on Jan 15th. I did get a call from the airport.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service