This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Any Financial Help or Foundations Available to help get to Boot Camp graduation?

I have been searching the web all night for anything that could help get me to my son's graduation in November. We are struggling just to put food on the table and keep our home right now, but it would be devastating to me and my son if I wasnt there. If anyone does hear of something, please let me know. Thank you

Views: 745

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Actually it would cost over $1000 in gas alone since its over 2000 miles each way.

It's a long and often expensive flight from CA to Great Lakes. It looks like your PIR date will be Nov 2. There are groups on Navy for Moms associated with each PIR date (Pass In Review - graduation from Boot Camp).  Your group should be forming right now.  As soon as it is formed, you should join it. In the mean time, join the Boot Camp Moms group. Here is the link. Click on it and click +JOIN when the page opens up.

http://www.navyformoms.com/group/bootcampmoms

We keep a list of the PIR groups. Here is link to that discussion.

http://www.navyformoms.com/forum/topics/groups-listed-by-pir-date

Since there is no assistance to help defray the cost of travel to see your son graduate, please ask your son to purchase the photos, the DVD of the graduation.  After you join the PIR group, post a comment - perhaps another family will adopt your sailor for the day and include him in their family activities. If no one from his family is going, he could offer to include "overflow" guests of other recruits on his list. Most families going to PIR are very supportive and will make sure you get plenty of pictures.  He is on this way to a a good career. Keep that in mind. Perhaps he can send you money to attend his graduation from A or C school. Good luck.

Hello! my daughter shipped out on 9/10 and I believe will graduate in Novemeber too.  I would like to help you get to your son's graduation, what city and state do you live in?

Hi Brimama, thank you. I live in Menifee, CA. A friend of the family that has known my SR his whole life just gave us the money for my plane ticket so I bought that this evening. I went on Illionois public transit site and got the bus and train route to get to Great Lakes so that will only cost about $9 thank goodness. Hopefully, things will improve somehow btwn now and the PIR date and I will have the money to pay for the hotel. I went ahead and booked the Navy Lodge for Thurs, Fri and check out Sat so at least I have a reservation. Thank you for your kindness in thinking of us.

oh , I didn't read this! Thank GOD, you can go now!  woohoo!! That is so awesome!!!!! :-)

I am so happy to hear that you were able to get help.  I too am in the same boat as you.  I lost my job in August of 2011 and have not been able to find a job since.  I have no family, only my son.  I know that I will make it to the graduation somehow someway..

I am in the same boat! I am going crazy thinking of ways I could come up with the money to see my son graduate in November. Nobody will be there for him and I KNOW he expects me.  It's heartbreaking, ....I am not going to stop until I find a way. Keep in touch, if you find out anything, please. And I will let you know if I find out anything.  My prayers are with you!! 

I think there are more of us in the same boat, I am working overtime to be there for my son and to bring his two teenage brothers with me to inspire them. We got to think of hotel and food and taxi and airfare or gas if I get enough time of work to drive there. I will believe in miracles for all of us

I agree.  There needs to be a group that is set up so that Moms or Dads could get assistance, anonymously.  The Coast Guard has a site specifically for this need.

Good information to know.  Thanks for sharing.

Hi my son graduation from Boot Camp May 10th and me and my two sons really don't want to miss it. It has been really hard on us , he was th man of the house and the house has not been the same since he left. can anyone please help or tell me of any websites that i can go to that might can help me with funds to attend his graduation. Any help will be very grateful. thank you and love all you navy moms

There are no websites or any other foundations that help people get to PIR. Sorry to say if the family wants to attend, they pay their own way there. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service