This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Anyone else here have a daughter/son leaving for boot camp 3/28/11.  Would like to keep in touch and compare notes with those who may be in the same situation during the 8-10 weeks they will be there!  Thank You!

Views: 505

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Welcome...join this group to connect with March DEPers and to get good info  http://www.navyformoms.com/group/leavinforbootcampinmarch

I also left you a greeting message back when you joined. I just now deleted it and left you another one with links and other info that may be helpful to the both of you.
Thank you very much for all of the information.  This site is very helpful and answers a lot of questions and lets you know that everyone is going through the same emotions as you.  Thank you again!

Hi Angela, my son is leaving on that same day. I'm getting alittle stressed as the time gets closer. He is my only child and I have been a stay at home mom with him since he was born. I am trying to not look worried in front of him, but I am!

We live in Katy, Tx. Where are you from?

Hi Kelly,

I am also starting to get a bit stressed and hoping the 2 months' of boot camp fly by for them!  (and us! LOL) Trying to stay upbeat and excited and also do not show any worry in front of my daughter.

We live in Poughkeepsie, NY....it is about 50 miles north of New York City along the Hudson River.

My brother lives in Spring, TX and my niece is in the city of Houston....is that anywhere near where you live?

How old is your son?  My daughter is 24.

My daughter has gotten letters from recruits she met through the DEP, two of whom have just recently graduated.  Another girl just sent her a letter and she went off to boot camp around January 26th.  No horror stories in any letters, so that was pretty positive! 

Thanks for the note and I hope we can keep in touch as boot camp nears and compare notes while they are in boot camp.

http://www.navy-info.com/boot_camp_expectations.html

Found this site ...great info....scroll down to the bottom and you will see in red letters also things you may have questions about....hope this helps...

My daughter is leaving and I am devestated and depressed, it's so difficult to deal with

Yes!  My daugter just left for Great Lakes yesterday!  I know of her and another girl that came out of the Kansas City area.  They both left yesterday.(my daughter and the other girl.)  I was glad there was at least one other person with her so she wasn't alone.  I got her call around 8pm last night.  She was there and she seemed really chipper and excited.  It was a very short 2 minute phone call.  Have you heard when they are graduating?  I was told the 20th of May, but, then someone else said the next Friday after that.  Just wondering.

Keep in touch!

Kristin

Hi Kristin,  My daughter left yesterday with two guys and one other girl.  The recruiter told my daughter that she and the other girl were definitely in the same group so they were excited.  I received my 30 second phone call last night around 11:00 PM.  Sounded like it was scripted and not her words @ all! LOL  It's very strange here w/o her especially since there is no contact.  I was trying to request you as a friend on here but I cannot figure out how to do it!!!  My daughter did it once for me before she left but I don't know what she did!  If you know how to do it, please request me as a friend.I haven't heard anything about PIR yet.  I had figured out that it would probably be the 20th just based on looking at when others have gotten there and when their dates are....Let's compare notes when we get their Ship/Divisions.  Will definitely keep in touch. 

Angela

Hi Angela, How are you doing?Yesterday was a long , exciting day for us. I hope yours went well. I miss my son already. I keep telling myself that the 2 months will fly by. I went in his room last night ,I started laughing, he left me a big mess.I kinda just want to leave that way so it seems like he's here.His recruiter told me to call him Thursday for his address. Thats pretty fast. So, you might want to call yours and see if you can get the address.I know I'll fell better when I can write him and receive them.My son called and said it was crazy there. He's running on no sleep for 2 days. Pour baby..

Anyway, just wanted to say hi...

Have a great day!

Hi Kelly,  I'm doing ok.  We got to MEPS around 8:30 and she swore in around 10:00....I think she got there around 6:00 AM or so!  It was very exciting and we are SO proud of her! The house is pretty quiet and it's tough not being able to have contact with them, but I keep saying it's only 8 weeks!  Oh my daughter left a huge mess too!  Every time I go in and try to make up the bed the dogs are on there cuddled up w/her comforter! LOL  I will call my daughter's recruiter Thursday too as well...hopefully we'll get information.  Looking at the BC videos it didn't look like they were going to get any sleep for a couple of days...ugh!  Lindsay called @ 11:00 but just a 30 second phone call that sounded scripted and I knew not to ask any questions, just said ok I love you! I didn't sleep well last night as I was just thinking about everything they must be going through.  Thanks for checking in!  Stay in touch and I'll let you know what information I get on Thursday, and you do the same.  Enjoy your day as well!

Angela

I too get there at 8:30,but there were so many recruits Austin didn't swear in until 12:00.Austin has a dog too. He just keeps looking for him. When the front door opens he runs to it looking for him.I do the same..

Anyway, I'm glad you had a good day yesterday. It was pretty awesome. I hope our kids are ok.I'll keep in touch..

Kelly

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service