This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

This will be a great place to share the news for our SRs in Division 86.  As we get letters or phone calls you can share the news with other moms/wives/gfs.  Be careful what you post though....we don't want to cause any extra issues for our SRs...I am sure they will be causing enough on their own as they figure things out.

Views: 1358

Replies to This Discussion

Kinda got to talk to my boy this morning.  It was really early (I was sleeping) and he called his dad's phone but I heard his dad say his name and I jumped right out of bed and took the phone.  It was to get a couple of addresses and phone numbers for security and he could not talk personal.  I did get the question of "Are you passing all your tests" and he said yes he is in the final phase.  I wish I could have talked to him, but I heard his voice and he sounded good.

Its great to know that Div 086 is doing well and now on the home stretch. My niece is in this division. I know my brother is excited for her PIR. I went through Navy boot camp with my son in 2010. My advise is to remember no news is good news. The instructors want all the SR's to succeed. Stay positive with your SR's and let them know how very PROUD you are of what they are achieving and that they are reaching their goal of "Sailor". When my son went through BC my group of Moms chose to wear ribbons with anchors, and the division number. Scarfs in the winter are smart! Wishing you all the best with your SR's. This is an exciting time for all of you. PIR is an amazing ceremony. My advise is to sit at top row so you can rest your back. PIR is LONG. 

Division 086 is calling.  My son just called and said that they earned two flags so they got an ohour to care of NEX shopping and to make phone calls.  Get your phones in your hand.  He said the entire division earned this treat.  We got to talk for 20 minutes.  This is one happy mom.

I am so happy for you crimton and everyone.  My SR thought he had .45 min.  He did not want to have me conf in anyone because he thought he had time to call everyone.  I feel bad. Husband missed the call and his good friend.  Good news though he left hubby a wonderful message and called his sister.  It was an unexpected call. I am so happy that you were able to talk.  You have been the most patient MOM.  Looking forward to meeting all.  HUGS

I am trying to be patient.  I have been writing him everyday so that he has mail from home and he told me that he has not read all my letters because he is so busy studying and doing things he needs to do.  Now I don't know what he has read and what he has not read.  I didn't get a chance to ask him because I suddenly heard a female in the background yelling times up, hang up now and he said he has to go and hung up.  I don't even know if he heard me tell me him I love him.  He said that Marlinspike from awesome and he got Bowsman Watch.  I don't know what that is, but he seemed to happy about it.  He also said that something like 90% or so of his division is going to Pensacola for A school.  He said his bunkmate is going with him.  I asked him if he had any friends whose family could not attend PIR and he said not that he had heard.  I was going to let him know that if he has any friends that will be alone that they can join our family if they would like.  I wrote it in today's letter, but who knows if he will read that letter.  I am just happy I got to hear happiness in his voice.  You know, something that I found interesting is that he has a kind of stutter in his speech.  I had him tested as a kid and they told me it was not really a stutter but that they felt his brain thought faster than he could express.  He will stop mid word or sentence for a second and start right back in the middle of the word or sentence.  I did not hear that when we were talking.  I am thinking and hoping that maybe he found his nitch of where he has confidence in himself. 

my recruit called his gf...but that was ok, I knew he was missing her too!  She texted me to let me know he had called and that he still was sounding very update...only downside is I didn't get any questions answered...like had they earned any flags, but I am seeing the answers.   Thanks moms for keeping us all informed on how they are doing!

Has anyone heard of a BattleStations date for 085/086?  If so, can you friend request it to me?  I have an idea when it is, but not sure.  Thanks!  We can't post them in the discussions or on the main board anymore.  I'm keeping a tentative schedule to send out to all.

Diane, when you find out will you please private message me.  My son is 086.  I spoke with him thursday and asked him if he had gone throught the gas chamber yet and he said that is next week.  Because of that I am wondering when they would schedule BS21 for them.  I would really like to know so that I can light my blue candle for them.  what is your idea of the date if you don't mind me asking?  I also need to know because I am a substitute teacher and I want to be sure to take the phone call when it comes.

A week from today...traveling for all of us.  I am so proud of our DIV, letter came today too.

Mej...I was thinking about that this morning....by this time next week we should over half way there....we are driving from VA

Hi, my name is Ericka. New to this. My son is in div 86 as well. I am a single mom, coming alone. Cant afford for anyone else to come a long. My bf gave me the money for my flight, so I at least have that, but still have not found a room I can afford (bf will be giving me money for that as well and so far everything is too expensive according to him). Wondering if anyone is in a position to share a room? I am looking at rooms now and of course they are double what they were when I first told him about them. I had hoped to stay at the Residence Inn because they offered 2 meals a day which would be so helpful but he had thought the 80 something a night was too much-it is now over 100.00 a night. Also I did talk to Sarge who is a sweetheart! He told me to see if anyone would want to share the fare from OHare to the hotel. I land at OHare on 03/08 at 2:00pm and am totally willing to wait as long as I need to for someones flight in order to share the fare. Willing to do just about anything as long as I get to see my son graduate. A hostel, bus or train station bench even! lol Serious about that actually. Any help or advice is so appreciated. I am posting where ever I can for help because I am a total wreck and running out of time. Thank you in advance for any advice or help!

I also paid $45 a night with free shuttle to PIR.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service