This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
My son is leaving for BC on June 9th.  So full of emotions Tears are falling as we speak.  I cant believe the day is almost here.  I remember it was last year when he told me his ship date.  WOW  I am trying my best to stay strong and definitely not to break down in front of him We are enjoying the time together and right now I am getting together a going away BBQ  Just want to talk to someone whose child is about to leave or just left  Deep down I know he is gonna be just fine  I guess it is just separation anxiety

Views: 241

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jill That's what I am dreading the most the see you later (I don't like to say goodbye) but I know once he leaves the countdown will begin and then I will be looking forward to the day when I will see him again to hug him and kiss him and squeeze him. You sound just like me because no matter how strong I think that I am gonna be right now I am only fooling myself That was so sweet that he rocked you just like you used to rock him. I know that as time goes by I will get a little better because trust me I have come a long way from the time that he told he signed up. Thanks again for the support and encouragement I reallly do appreciate it God Bless You,Your Sailor and Your Family Hugs right back at ya Mfavored
All of these ladies are right. My son graduated April 9. He is my baby & we were real close. Boot camp was the longest we had ever been apart and it was soooo hard! The lack of communication was tough. Every time he got a phone call I was at work & didn't get to talk to him! I finally got to talk to him on Easter, after being gone since Feb 9. Do give them stamps and a phone card and write as much as you can & send pics! My son REALLY appreciated the pictures I sent. The graduation ceremony was the most awesome thing I have ever seen. I still get chills when I think back on it. But when it came time to leave him there was even harder than when he first left. I cried like a baby for miles down the road. He stayed there in Illinois for A school & all his buddies had left to other places. So, in essence, he was all alone. No family, or friends so that was the hard part. But at least then he was allowed to have a cell phone so there at least was that communication factor that wasn't there before. So, hang in there. It will be hard but it will get better! And remember there is always someone on here that has been through what you're going through so it can be good support! And a place to ask questions because believe me, you will have LOTS of questions. They aren't told a whole lot of what's going on. Even after BC!
Thanks for the support and you all will definitely be getting those questions from me. CONGRATS on your son's graduation and starting A school. It is good to know that once BC is finished they will have a chance to have a little more communication.
All of us, whose sons left for boot camp went through what you are facing rihgt now. We were all closet criers because we could not let our recruit see the tears. It is most important that you not let him see the tears. Reinforcement is what they need.....no..must have. Let me tell you a story about a young man who joined the Marines not long ago. His mother made it quite clear that she did not want her "baby" to join. She cried and begged him not to. He did it anyway. However, when the training got tough, he quit. Why? I think, because he knew his mother would be happy. But he now regrets his decision to quit but it is too late. I only tell you this story because your son needs to know that you support him 100% and that you are so very proud of him for his decision. My son finished boot camp and is now in Diver training. He is happy. When I saw him at his graduation from Boot Camp, I could not believe the change in his physical appearance. His face was no longer the face of a boy, but rather, the handsome face of a man, a sailor. I am so proud of him I could burst. You will be too. Hang in there. Find the group here with moms in your son's Ship and Division. Good luck. If you need to talk, we are all here and have broad shoulders if you want to cry on them. We will never let your recruit know you cried.
Thanks dougsmoms You are so right No matter how we feel we definitely have to be strong because we HAVE to let them grow up. They made wise decisions for their future. I know that he knows we are behind him 100% and I do tell him every chance that I get that I am sooo proud of him. I know that I will be fine as well. Thanks for keeping my crying a secret LOL And most of all THANKS for the broad shoulders being there to cry on in the days to come By the way thanks for the story That is what we want them to be happy with the choices they make for their lives. Talk to you soon
Hi Mfavored my son left this past week on the 25th for boot camp. It has been very hard for me. I miss him terribly. The emotions do not stop. I received his box of clothing and personal items yesterday and the tears start all over again. I need to keep thinking he will do fine as everyone tells me, but it's hard. Just as you said its the separation hope to talk you again. Just support him and be PROUD. I am sooo proud of my son.
Hi malacz I know you are so very proud. I am here to talk if you need to because you are right now where I am about to be. We can definitely keep each other encouraged. My son is the joker of the family and I know I am going to miss all of that craziness. I am sooo proud and we definitelly support him Keep me posted on how you are doing OK
I just received the forms today that tell me my sons address and his graduation date. He added a little note at the bottom that read BOOT CAMP IS AN EXPERIENCE .SHELL SHOCK BUT HOPEFULLY WILL GET BETTER. He will graduate July 23.
I am with you mfavored. My son leaves June 8th. So maybe they will be in the same division. Emotions are everywhere. I even got choked up reading all the responses you had. My son know I can be a strong person, but loves it when we can share our feelings. We are very close, so this will be hard. We had our outing last weekend and he had so many people show up to support him (it was originally just family invited). The more the merrier. It was awesome! My son will be a Seabee as a BU. We do know that after boot camp he is scheduled to go to Gulfport.
That would be just great if they did wind up in the same division Jaz04, He will be in MEPS on the 8th and he flies out on the 9th. Same here we are very close and he knows how much we love him. I am so proud of him. I am so glad to have you all to talk to. Right now I know after boot camp he will be going to Mississippi. My prayers are with alll of our children. We know that they are going to be just fine Just trying to deal with the separation part
Same with my son. I am taking him to Lansing, MI on the 7th and they ship him to GL on the 8th. I am glad to have some one to talk to as well as I am having the separation anxiety big time. Worst is I have to work OT this week every day. I was so hoping to work out at the gym with him this week, take walks, just spend quality time. I know this is a great step for him as he was so undecided about college. Yes, prayers to all those serving.
My son is leaving in the Morning (June 1st). We had a BBQ today and he is spending time with his girlfriend and his best friend tonight. I bought him a new wallet put 10.00 in it and one book of stamps, a phone card, laminated an address card with all the phone numbers he needs on the back and lamented his Girlfriend picture. I think I thought of everything. I will miss him so much but i know he needs this. I think it will hit me in the morning when we drop him off at the recruiter or when I am cleaning up his room and packing up his stuff. He is the kid that always has a hug for me. He is my middle child. He such a family guy, loves family time. I will be supportive to help him get through BC.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service