This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Any ideas on hotels and car rentals close to the base for PIR weekend? I dont want to have to drive around town too much while Im there. Dont like trying to figure out how to get places that Im not familiar with.

Views: 8830

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

residence Inn was really great.  close to shopping and restaurants.  kitchen in room.  Shuttle to graduation.  Can't find anything bad to say about it. 

thanks nicknboone,

I have heard good things about Residence Inn. How did you get back to the hotel with your sailor? Cab, Shuttle?

I've been trying to find the Residence Inn.  The only one I can find is in Chicago and doesn't say anything about a shuttle.

We stayed at the Super 8. Even though it had a shuttle, that is the only nice thing I can say about the place. We drove ourselves since we live only 3 hours away. It was really kind of easy to get to places and we are from a small town. The shuttle we took let us take our sailor back with us. I am sure the Residence Inn is the same way. I hope you enjoy the ceremony as much as we did. Relax and enjoy what time you have with your sailor.
Stayed at the Ramada Inn and would not recommend it to anyone.  The smell in the hallways (some kind of Hawaiin Febreeze room scenter) was over powering and surely hiding mustiness or something.  I came back home with a sore throat etc. not sure if it was from the assault on my sinuses or the horrible rainy/cold weather. :)  The staff at the hotel were nice enough but it was really run down and depressing inside.  One of the beds in the room was not made by the housekeeping staff because there was a suitcase on it!??  Anyway it was far to drive to Chicago and in retrospect since my daughter left early Saturday morning I should have actually stayed closer to Chicago than to the base.  I actually cut my trip short and left a day earlier!  Rented a car from Dollar rental in Midway airport which was a great car Nissan Vectra, great on gas and good pricing.

WOW good to know since I just booked there. How was the meet n greet? do u go? Your right about the staff. I called up there and they gave me some good info about the airport and trying to drive into graduation as the bus drops you off out front and then you have to walk awhile. She stated Mlk was probably a better airport. Not sure about that. Well thanks for the info.

We liked the Ramada last year and boom again we go our 2nd son is in bootcamp and I am booking there again and Im a stickler when it comes to good beds!!!! It all depends on the person I guess.

Thank you for the replies

I rented a car using hotwire.com. You put in the dates and location, and they give you really good rates on different size cars. You just don't know which rental company until you confirm, but it is all the big companies. I got a Monte Carlo size car for $24/day! I would be cautious about using it for the hotel though.  
Hotwire does have great deals on the rental cars!
Thought I would add 2 cents.  Stayed at the Hampton Inn in Libertyville and it worked well.  Fun downtown with lots of options for dinners and 10 minute drive (and I did it often) back and forth to base.  Free breakfast and reasonably priced.

Is there a shuttle to the base from the Hampton Inn?

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service