This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
I was wondering how long you and your husband dated before getting married and how long you have been married.  And if you want to add your little love story go ahead!

Views: 1240

Replies to This Discussion

My husband and I met in college about 10 years ago, I was 19 years old. We dated for 2 years before we were engaged and next month will be our 8th wedding anniversary. We have a 7 year old daughter and an 18 month old son. My husband just joined the Navy and arrived in Great Lakes last night... this is the first time we'll be apart for more than a week in 10 years!
I met my husband in August of 2002, while I was a freshman in college. He was meeting up with my cousin there, since they were going on their first date. He passed by my job several times after that and about 6 months after that first enounter, I was mugged one night, I couldn't sleep so I went online. He messaged me and we just hit it off. Our first date was on Valentine's day and we became official a couple of weeks after. We have been together for 7.5 years and were married on my birthday 2 years ago. We have an amazing little boy and couldn't be happier. He is an amazing husband, an extraordinary father, a wonderful friend and I'm confident he will be an amazing Sailor!! I love my babe!!
My husband and I were together over 5 years before we got married.We decided to get married last year because he came home from work one day and said that he wanted to join the military, and because we loved each other:) He hated working a dead end job and knew that sooner or later he would be laid off due to the economic conditions that the country is facing. We were married on 8-8-09 and just celebrated our 1 year wedding anniversary. We are high school sweethearts! We had our first child very young and now, six years later, we are having our second one. I love him very much, and it has been hard being separated from someone that I have barely spent anytime away from, but it will be for the best in the long run.
I actually met my husband on a dating website early April 09. I had actually talked to his two closest friends before him. And had met my husband about 4 years earlier. We clicked instantly and started to date a week after we met. We were together just over a year before he proposed. We were planning on getting married 11.11.11 But neither of us could wait that long ! We got married 8.19.10. His family was less than thrilled about it, saying all sorts of excuses why we shouldn't get married. But we did ! We haven't even been married a month yet, but I certainly do not regret it. We got married out in San Diego while he finishes up C School on Sept 24th. So for now, I'm back in Massachusetts, waiting for his orders.
aww cute love stories i have read.. so heres mine.
i met my husband at a party in june 2008 through a mututal "friend". we were friends/acquaintances until December when we went to a hotel party and we shared our first kiss after that we were still only "talking" to each other (not exclusive). i went to california (hometown) in march-april 09, while out there i decided i wanted to move back there permantly so i told him and i said i the only way i wouldnt move was if theres a reason to stay in maryland. then he asked me (in his memory i asked him lol) to make it official.

so we became exclusive on april 2, 2009. we had our daughter on april 8, 2010. and we got married after dating/engagement for 13months 12days on june 14, 2010.. all outta order and fast tracked i know, but we did not get married because of our daughter! but because we knew our love was true and we wanted to spend our lives together. thats where it leaves us today 17 months all together,
apparently my husband and i dated in the seventh grade but i don't remember. he swears up and down we did. but we went to school together. i moved away for a few years and came back one summer and we both had the same group of friends. he had a giant crush on me but i wanted nothing to do with him. we spent every day together that summer. i liked him as a friend and nothing more. then one day i went out of town and we didn't see eachother all day. i had a weird feeling the entire day. then it just clicked. i couldn't live without him. when i got home i told him of my realization and we decided right then and there to never be apart (aka get married.) not long after that i became pregnant. we now have a five month daughter and have been married since february. it'll be three weeks tuesday that he has been gone and definitely the longest we've been apart. not the best story but it works for us and we're happy!
my husband and I were on the same swim team from 2002 to 2004, which is were we met. Then we started dating when we were 15 in 2005. We had been dating 20 days short of our 4 year anniversry. Now we have been married 11 months and expecting out first baby in January 2011. My husband and I couldnt be happier. I believe we just did everything faster than everyone else. We were in a long term relationship by 16 and we knew that it was for the long hall. Everyone was has thier own love story and this is mine. :)
My husband and I dated for 3 months and then got married. We met through the Navy. I was in, he was in. We met through a mutual friend and it was just instantaneous. That was it, we were together right away and I was head-over-heels in love and knew he would be my husband one day. Lucky for me, he felt the same way about me. We decided to get married so soon because we felt like we knew we were going to do it one day anyway, so why not just do it now? That way we could move in together, be together (we were both living in barracks) and just start our lives togethe,r which we were both impatient to wait wait for. We knew it was the right decision for us....our families thought we were crazy and/or pregnant. I was not pregnant. But two months after we got married...surprise,surprise.....I found out that I was. I am no longer in the Navy, but he is and he is actually on deployment right now. We are still very happily married and have been for almost 17 months. What a good question!!!!! Reading these responses has been interesting.
MY HUSBAND AND I MET IN HIGH SCHOOL WE DATED FOR 5 YRS BEFORE WE GOT MARRIED! 2 YEARS INTO OUR RELATIONSHIP WE HAD OUR SON! WE GOT MARRIED DEC 4 2010 IT'S BEEN ALMOST A YEAR! AND A LIFETIME TO GO!
I've known my husband since 8th grade. We used to work together at McDonalds and he would always pick with me at work and at school, but he never asked me out. It took me going 4 hours away to college in 2007 for me to find him on myspace and for him to finally ask me out. We were just talking for about a month before we made it official in Oct 2007. May 2008 I moved in with him and his mom and Aug 2008 he left for boot. We were dating for 3 years and 4 months when he came home from a 45 day underway in Feb and proposed to me... I was in such shock I asked him if he was serious like 3 times before I finally said YES.... We had said that we were going to get married in 2012 after he returned home from his deployment with the Bush, but then we decided less than a month before he deployed that we were going to go to our small town courthouse with family and get married... We gave everybody about a 4 day notice and they all thought that I was pregnant because we had said that we were going to wait and have this huge wedding, but I was far from being pregnant....  We got married on the steps of the courthouse on 4-20-11 and it was most beauitful and best day ever. We still plan to have a ceremony when he returns from this deployment... We have been married for almost 6 months now and he has been deployed for a little over 5 months... I couldn't ever imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone else.
My husband and I dated off and on for 8 years before we eloped. We've been married less than a year - our first anniversary will be on January 4th, 2012. We were high school sweethearts struggling through a long-distance relationship, and spent 5 years avoiding each other, after a horrible break-up. Finally came to the realization we were all we'd ever wanted and that was that. Funny how 5 years of dating people who were never quite right makes you realize what you wanted all along.

So, my husband and I have known each other for about 13 years, but, brace yourselves ladies, this gets complicated....Ok, my sister dated this guy for about 6 years in school, they broke up, for the last time, and he started dated again, eventually dating the sister of my now husband.  So that is how we originally met, but he is two and a half years younger than me and, while I did think he was adorable, I never even considered it.  I stayed in touch with his sister when their family moved away and her now husband b/c he is like a brother to me.  Then along comes myspace and about 7 years pass and TJ chats me up one night on IM.  He comes up to visit me that night (a seven hour drive from SC to VA) and we have been together ever since.  That was 6 years ago, we have been married for three and a half.  We are a bit old for a navy couple.  He drives me nuts and wild all at the same time and I wouldn't have him any other way....ok, if he picked up a bit more that would be ok, ; ) lol

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service