This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Hi, I am a Seal wannabe mom. Looking for other moms that are dreading Pre buds and then the big move to California for Buds after graduation.

Views: 995

Replies to This Discussion

Is anyone's sailor getting to come home for Thanksgiving? My son thinks he will have leave built up at Christmas so he can come home for about a week, but not before then. At least that's what he told us this past weekend.
Where is the Pre Buds info? We were waiting for a phone call for mailing info....
I am just looking for general info from everyone here--just what everyone else is talking about...I will send out some friend request, too. I did get a phone call last night--they are getting settled in and ready for classes to start. I have to get a box of clothes together to send to him. Did I read correctly that they have to bring home all their clothing we have sent to them when they go on leave?
im so glad they got moved !
Hi Ladies, I know you aren't all yet members of our Pre Buds Group, so I thought you could use this info. Hope you all don't make the costly mistakes I did at first when mailing their things to them at GL. It is easier for them to pick up packages from the USPS, BUT keep in mind that their training schedule has to coincide with the times that the base PO is open, so be patient and DON'T bother overnight /expressing their stuff to them! :-)

This is from the USPS 1 800 610 8734 select option #1 then #1 again. Ask for the Military kit ~[boxes] ~or military pack~[envelopes] You receive 6 boxes Tape, packaging materials and labels You should get these in 7-10 days. They will ask if you have someone *deployed* that's it!!! (OK to use them for stateside mailings too) And its all FREE!!!! Register once and get a customer ID# for reordering...
It's that easy!!

Your local PO should have all the supplies as well if you need a faster refill or a specific box size. The delivery confirmation and insurance are nice extras to choose too. :)
So....how was it??? =) PIR, Liberty weekend highlights please. Anyone see any sights in Chicago or eat pizza after all or was it too cold, rushed, etc?
It was GREAT!! Chilly--at least we thought so, but we are from the South....layered some long sleeve shirts and short jackets and it was fine. PIR was amazing--I can't believe they do that every week! We did go into Chicago on Saturday and actually ran into some other families we had met at the MandG Friday night--everyone was getting their deep dish Chicago pizza! We did the Sears Tower, then just went back to our room to watch the Florida/Georgia football game. That's what my son wanted to do, so that's what we did. He was happy just to hang out and relax and talk to his friends on the computer. The best part was just seeing him again....sigh...I wish we could do it all over again!
Hi Angie,
Chicago was wonderful, but honestly, I could have been on the moon. All that mattered was I was with my son and were together as a family. Those moments are going to be hard to come by.

But--we did have a lot of fun too. We went to Greek town to a restaurant called Greek Island--whole snapper, Saganaki (sp), Mousaka (sp) and more. Chicago pizza at Giodarnos and Brazilian steakhouse where the salad bar is amazing and they bring skewers of roasted meats to your table--way too much food. One of my favorite restaurants was Wildberry where we took our Sailor and two of his buddies on Sunday morning. The breakfast selections were so yummy--I wish we had found it earlier.

We also spent a lot of time showing our son how to get around in Chicago, where to go and where not to go; using the different trains, shopping, etc. We found a lot of really nice small towns along Green Bay and Sheridan roads.

It was great meeting all of the Navy moms and families--putting faces to names and finding out if our sons knew each other! I think we all wished you could have been there with us to celebrate. Your name came up more than once and in all sincerity you have been such a blessing and support to us. Please keep us posted on your son's journey and I hope that you can follow us to whatever pre-buds group we go to.
Awww, thanks ladies, it's really been my pleasure and honor. I wish I could have been there with you. I would love to attend another PIR ceremony sometime, it is amazing!! Glad at least some of you did get to meet up after all. Sounds like you all had a full enjoyable weekend with each of your Sailors. =) You are making me drool at the descriptions of those restaurants and all that scrumptious sounding food! :) I've taken notes for future reference!
LOL MaKetel (liking the new name, but in my head, it keeps ringing up as "Ma Kettle"! lol) Nothing like a little "peer or Mom pressure" to make a new Sailor remember to call home. Definitely an advantage to be a member here with the connections, friendships and info we have available to us. One N4M friend of mine's Sailor refers to all of us as the "Navy Mom Mafia"! ROLF I prefer to call it the "Navy Mom Intel Network", ha! Power to the NMIN!! :)~
Ah dang Ladybug! Sorry i didn't get to you in time! Otherwise, you are very welcome of course. =]

sealgirlfriend, I loved your comments and couldn't agree more. Just a reminder that once they went through the graduation ceremony, they left their Div 823 identities behind. That is for BC only. Soon they will have a new BUDS Class number and a new group identity.

bonosmom, they aren't together because they are now becoming part of that larger new Class, their roomies are their new BUDS Class teammates. :) Each BUDS Class is made up of Sailors from multiple former BC Divs, plus Fleet guys and later, (just prior to leaving for CA) Officers from the Academy.

I'm excited for you and your "boys" and will definately keep following up with your little crew as you all become Pre Buds and BUDS moms. :) Someone drop me a PM when you find out what Class they will be part of. I can help you get plugged into a Private Group, if one already exists for their Class. Otherwise, I may need a volunteer to help start one. We (more experianced, OPSEC conscious Moms) train you and ride shotgun until you are ready to handle the reins on your own. :-)
My son said he had one guy from his divison with him, so what you said explains that--I too, thought they would all be together. At least they can call now! I enjoy getting an evening phone call now--I have to learn to stop checking the mail for letters! ha ha ha

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service