This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Event Details

PIR 12-12-2014 SARGES MEET AND GREET THURSDAY 12/11/14

Time: January 22, 2015 from 4:45pm to 9:30pm
Location: SUNDANCE SALOON WAUKEGAN 300 LAKEHURST ROAD WAUKEGAN
Street: 300 LAKEHURST ROAD
City/Town: WAUKEGAN, IL
Website or Map: http://www.newsundance.com
Phone: 847-212-0246
Event Type: meet and greet
Organized By: OldSarge

Event Description

SARGE'S MEET AND GREET

WELCOME NAVY MOMS-DADS-FRIENDS-FAMILY

Please join my wife and I for our FREE MEET AND GREET at the Sundance Saloon every Thursday from 4:45 PM - 9:30 PM. Find us on face book by searching for "PIR 12-12-14" and join our group. 

Last year my wife and I fed 9,654 Navy Loved ones. We appreciate your continued support.

If you need reasonable transportation to and from the airports - please visit my website at Http://www.mynavytaxi.com/ or call me at 847-212-0246. My team and I are prepared for any request for transportation. We are licensed, bonded, and insured.

My wife and I are the ones who purchase/make this food for you ….we do this each week for each PIR group. Sundance Saloon does not charge us to rent the space…that is their gift to the Navy families! I don’t charge you for this food either….it is a free meal; however, if you wish to make a contribution to help defray our costs since this is out of pocket for us, that would be greatly appreciated. There will be a contribution box on the buffet table. This is strictly voluntary on your part! We would love to have you come join us!”

Since this is a private exclusive event, all ages are admitted. Please be responsible and have I.D. ready when ordering from the bar. No one under 21 is allowed to consume any alcoholic beverages. If you want to sit in a group and reserve space, bring your "RESERVED" signs and come early (4:45PM) and stake your claim.

AGENDA

4:45 PM Guests arrive - cash bar - get your name tags!

5:00 PM - Time to meet and greet - Dancing - Fun - continuous slide show on what to expect on Friday.
** note ** slide show presentation is located in the files section of the PIR page. I recommend you view it before you come to the meet and greet. 

6:35 - Invocation 

6:40 PM - Buffet line is opened. We serve - Pasta, Fried Chicken, Sausage and Peppers, Meatballs, Olive Garden Bread Sticks, salad, fruit trays, salad and my wife's world famous brownies. During dinner there will be a film on Boot Camp, Battle Stations 21, and the continuous slide show on what to expect this weekend. 

7:30 PM - Pledge of Allegiance and Flag Tribute

7:40 PM - Tribute to Veterans and National Anthem

7:45 PM - Over of slides and important information.

8:15 PM - Basket raffles & Dancing until ??

If you need any additional information contact me at 847-212-0246. You can find me on face-book by searching for “Sarge John L. Spadaro” and feel free to add me as a friend.

God Bless your family and The United States Of America

GRADUATION STREAMING LIVE Watch our recruits graduate live this Friday at 0845 Central Daylight Time. Follow the link and join our chat:http://navylive.dodlive.mil/ The video will display under Live Events during broadcast.

Views: 369

Replies to This Discussion

This sounds wonderful!

This sounds great. Can't wait to meet everyone!

So excited! This sounds wonderful! My flight lands at O'Hare at 3:15 but I will get there as soon as I can....

Do we need to make a reservation for this meet and greet?

You can go here to RSVP.

I got the link to RSVP for the Meet & Greet, but to RSVP do we just send a message or what?

We cant wait !!!! Looking forward to meeting everyone.. Do we need to make reservations and how do we do this?  What is the link for the live broadcast?

Here is the link for the M & G event on this site where you may rsvp.

PIR 01/23/2014 Meet and Greet

Click on the above and it will take you there. You will see the RSVP area on the right hand side.

The link for the livestream of PIR is at the bottom of the above post.

Sounds like fun!!  I am planning on being there!

I sent my RSVP, hooyah!!

How will I get to the M&G from the Navy Lodge....I don't have a car as I am flying up from Panama! Any thoughts?

This is from the M & G EVENT on this site (I provided the link to it above.).

If you need reasonable transportation to and from the airports - please visit my website at Http://www.mynavytaxi.com/ or call me at 847-212-0246. We are licensed, bonded, and insured. We also provide local transportation and late night runs to the airport to see your sailor off to A-School.

I know it says "airports" but Sarge has a team of drivers and I am sure that he can get you set up for transportation. OR you could also ask on your Division Discussion as well as the main wall of the Group if any other of the other MEMBERS will be staying there and can offer you a ride. Great way to connect too :-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service