This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

We are looking forward to meeting you if your loved one has PIR with this date..

Views: 512

Replies to This Discussion

We just booked reservations at the Navy Lodge for PIR... Still want to cometo meet n greet at ramada.... Im so excited!

Sharon- im sure with only 7 divisions graduating, there will be some extra room for them! Fingers crossed! yes God is so good all the time:)
I got a call this morning that the girlfriends mom and husband have decided not to go, so that takes off a few names. They are kind enough to realize that Diego may want to be with us and his girl. My sister and her two boys are an iffy too, depends on the older son's basketball tryout schedule. She really wants to go, she is so proud of Diego, she lost her hubby last December and she feels the need to be with us and we are good on that. She is special to our children and we are close. I am glad it is a smaller group, I just feel that we are being so blessed with this and also with graduation a week before we thought. Yep, God is good all the time, All the time, God is good!!! We feel very, very blessed!!
Hello All! So excited just got off of the phone with my recruit. He is doing great!! he just need information for some paper work, I was able to ask question and he was able to answer unlike the "I made here call" He said that most of the recruits in his div are doing ok, just a lot of yelling and that no one has a name there, everyone is called "YOU". He said that they have not started getting any mail yet. Well that call really made my day!! Talk to you later...
I can't tell you how happy I am for you and to know the other guys are doing ok. I just hope he means they are as he is, doing great! I can't wait until we hear from Diego. Just happy for you, and glad it made your day!!!!
I am thrilled to hear you heard from your son!! What I would give to hear his voice. This is the longest EVER that we have not spoken. Yes I have my faith to help and many prayers for him and his extended family in div 369..I look forward to the call in about a week!!
Has anyone gotten a letter from their recruit? Just curious as I know my son isn't a letter writer..even sent him a funny form letter w/ a self addressed & stamped envelope!! All he has to do is to check which answer is the best..anything to hear from him!!
Hello ladies,

We have not heard anything from our SR yet. We are so excited and can't wait to hear from him. Though they always say, "no news is good news." The time seeems to be going so slow, yet our friends son will do PIR on 10/15 already. He just left yesterday, really on 08/18 and it has gone by quite fast. Now that it is our turn the time seems to be going slow. It will be so exciting to hear from him and for him to tell us how "he" is doing. We are writing letters almost every day and sending them out.
Hello ladies,

We have not heard anything from our SR either, and I get more excited every day we come closer to conclusion of the 3 weeks and I can't agree more it is going so slow. I know its to early for letter but still run to the mailbox every evening in hopes that I will have something in there. This web site is an awesome relief and I appreciate everyone's support.
Welcome Sheila, glad to have you with us. The waiting is the hardest part. Some moms have siad their sons have called them for more info and those with my son says they are doing O.K. I do pray they are all doing good. That is hard for us moms.
Good Morning Ladies, Hope everyone is hanging in there! I have not received any letters from our son, but hoping that we do very soon. Tuesday will be two full weeks, so you never know. It is said that we usually don't hear from them until after the thrid week, but you never know. Hoping this is a good day for you and remember, God is good, All the time. Blessings to you!

Sharon
So true God IS good ALL the time...I don't know what I would do if not for reading the moms posts and my church family!! So MANY prayers are being sent for our SR..I am praying that they were able to receive their mail today!! When they do my son will be shocked as today I sent #8 to him! Just tried to send a little something every other day about home and those asking about him..Plus some cute Halloween cards for some laughs! He knew to watch the back of the envelopes for the order they would come so I hope they all have gotten to him!! I am looking forward to a call hopefully the end of the week if all goes good!! Till then many prayers and much patience!!
WOO-HOO just got a call from my son!!!! Had to keep myself from not crying!! He sounds tired but good..said Division earned this phone call!! Passed his PT but has bad blisters on his feet..then got written up for doing jumping jacks when he was told to rest!! Said PT not too bad but academics is tough!! Told him how proud I am and so many people are praying for him!! Absolutely how GREAT is our GOD!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service