This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

We are looking forward to meeting you if your loved one has PIR with this date..

Views: 512

Replies to This Discussion

Im hoping for a letter today or tomorrow.... Yeah i think they are getting nervous... Hopefully they will get to call again this weekend so we can pump them up!!!!
We received a letter yesterday, they were from last week. Nothing much, he still wasn't feeling good but making it through and told us not to worry. I looked into a flight for Christmas and they are over $1500.00!! Wow, I didn't expect them to be that much. Looks like Kevin and Kelsey will be driving down to pick him up since those prices are crazy. It wouldn't cost that much in gas to go to S.C. and back to MI. He will be driving his truck back down, he will be able to have it by then.

Wow, isn't it amazing that we only have 13 days left. Remember when we were at 47 days???? LOL

Captain's Cup will be won by Division 369 because they have and continue to do well!! So much to be proud of!!

Who will be making the Ramada Greet & Meet on Thursday night??? We will be arriving in the afternoon on Thursday and we are staying at the Ramada, it would make it that much easier so we did it. We will be taking the shuttle in the morning for PIR. Can't wait......................
Hi Sharon,
Congratulations on the up coming wedding, talk about exciting that is great news. We are driving from Cleveland Ohio to PIR, about 6 and 1/2 hours we can't leave until around 1:00 in the afternoon. We are bringing our daughter and 2 mos old Grandson, so hopefully it will be a good ride. We are staying at the Residence Inn so I can cook Thanksgiving early. on Sat, depending on how things go with Sweet Baby James and Grandpa's patience level I am going to try to make it to the meet and great. I am looking forward to meeting everyone, so I really hope all goes well.
Thanks Sheila, It is a very busy time for us right now. So many changes and things to get in order. I think our trip will take us about 5 hours. It will be great to put faces to the many names. See you soon!!
That is an idea..since my son can't come home maybe he would like a Thanksgiving dinner on Sat. We are staying at the Residence Inn also...there are ovens in the rooms?? Maybe an idea instead of running around Chicage for the day...Thanks!!
okeemom we have a two bedroom suite and they have a kitchen we have two adult daughter and the baby figured it would be a good move with a new mom and a single sister, as far as oven and all that good stuff I am going to do half home cooked and half store bought as long as he gets my stuffing and sweet potatoes he doesn't care, oh he also requested BW3's for wings. LOL
Gee sounds good. We are at Residence Inn too, but not sure I'll cook too much. I still don't know how long we have together or if he's grad & go.
Thought about that but since we are flying in from Fl don't know how much we can do...but we will play it by ear to see what my boy wants..Me on the other hand just want to look at him and enjoy being with him for a few days!!
Just a hint, a lot of places have an order for thanksgiving dinner. You could call the area grocery stores and ask if they do that. Some may say no, but some may be all for it. Not sure on the expense but worth maybe getting a small turkey already made so you can just heat some other stuff up....
we are staying at navy lodge... i plan on going to meet n greet....Super excited!!!!
Got my gate pass....I am READY to go see my SAILOR!! HOOYAH!!!
It was so awesome to be standing in Rite-Aid with Kelsey when my phone rings and it is Diego on the other end!! We run out of the store and back to the car so we have private time with him. We are so proud and excited for 369! I tear up when I think of every man who stands with our son, who works hard and they get the job done. They took the Captain's Cup, the Chant and another Flag!! It is an blessed Saturday that is for sure. We have only six days and we will be there to see, to hold, to kiss, to spend time with our guys!!! We were able to chat with me for a little over 25 minutes and it was so cool. It has placed a smile on my face that just won't go away. We are so proud of 369!! They just ROCK THE HOUSE!!!!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service