This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Just got our letter today so not sure how many out there have the same information.  7 days in and he says it sucks !!!  probably so !!  we'll start writing to him,  encourage him to keep going and remember that you go through Basic Training, you don't stay there.   Better things await those who persevere !

God Bless all the recruits

Views: 861

Replies to This Discussion

I was thinking the same thing. I hate to go out to the mailbox anymore because it is so disappointing.
I sure hope the end of the week brings us all letters. This waiting is getting ridiculous.
I do have a daughter in ship 11, div 366.
We called his recruiter and he said that someone within the ship/div might be doing poorly thats why we have not recieved mail....but then another site I asked the same question and they said they cannot withhold mail

but also another young girl I have been talking to said she didnt recieve mail because they forgot to tell the PR's to black out something within the envelope so the computer could not process it

I feel like its just a mess within the system
so i know for security we cant say our SRs names but can we say other stuff...my hubby is in this ship/div he is 27...how old are your SRs...any other wifes out there? Does anyone know how the ships are divided? I know they must be bc there are girls and guys in this ship/div
littlepig, hi, my son is in DIV 370 and he is 22. Have heard from some other wives in that div., too, so there are quite a few of you!
I called my daughter's recruiter and she said the same thing. She said that I would be hearing any day now. I think today is going to be the day for some of you who are closer to Great Lakes!
Hi Ladies,

Have you recieved any word from your sailors?

I checked my mailbox today and nothing =( Im praying tomorrow will bring some kind of letter.
nothing today : (
WE GOT A CALL !!! WE GOT A CALL !!! WE GOT A CALL !!!
at first he could hardly talk he was crying so much but understandable with all they have had to go through these past 3 weeks. I asked him about the PIR date and we are still on schedule. We talked about home stuff, weather, travel plans, etc. just to get his mind on simple things. I probably talked way too fast, tho !!!
Div. 366 has 79 recruits, they are the smartest division so far out of the whole ship of 1000 . They have received top scores on testing. He said is is almost at par for PT, has to do 60 situps, 60 pushups and run 1.5 mi. in 12 min.
His first try he was off by 4 sec.
Ladies, good things are happening but they really do need to hear our voices, he was so much better at the end of the call. He also called his dad and talked some before he had to go. He had not received any of our letters but was suppose to get them tonite. He's looking forward to that.
Please share what you can it helps us all. ♥ ♥
Me too Nola... wasn't it wonderful!! Sounds like you heard the same things I did from my daughter!!
I got my call too! The tears were scary at first. I thought something terrible had happened, but it was just that she was so happy to be talking to me.

She said that they got the 'scholastic' flag for when their division marches because they are doing the best overall on the testing, etc. She also said it doesn't seem like they have only been together for a matter of weeks. She feels like they are all life-long friends. She misses me, but not really any of the other people that she expected to miss because they (Ship 11, Div 366) are so well bonded.
I am so excited I got a call too and got to talk for fifteen minutes. She said that they couldn't send their mail out until Sunday and they hadn't received their mail because they were holding up. They might get it tonight and be able to read it, but most likely it will be tomorrow. I am so happy. She sounded like you said so relieved to hear someone who cares about them at the other end of the line. I am glad to hear you say that they are the smartest recruits out of 1000. My daughter is hoping that they keep it up and get all of their liberty when they graduate because they can take it away at that time.
So I am hoping that everyone got a call today! It made me so happy.
Like you all I got a phone call...I was trembling as he was trying to catch me up on everything he has been doing. They have already taken their swim test. They took their first PT Test at the beginning...my boyfriend was off as well, he is hoping to better his time next time.

He said their division test is in a week and 4 days and the final PT test is around halloween!!!
Im hoping they all do well and pass.

He said they have not recieved any of our letters but we will be getting them tonight and their letters will be sent out tomorrow or friday!!!

He said for their scholastic test their division recieved above a 4.5 out of 5. The best yet. This makes me proud =)

He said the weather was warm there today. They have been doing alot of marching, they marched all the way to make the phone calls. He said he can not wait to stop sewing lol!!!

I have sent him football scores and jokes and told them to share them with the division, hopefully this will lighten all their moods. I am also going to be sending him tricks on cutting time of their runs. I know all the men and women will benefit from this.

I know we have all been waiting for these phone calls/letters. and the day finally came. Now just waiting till the next time. My PR said hopefully some time next week if they do well he will recieve phone time <3

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service