This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

looking for moms out there with sons or daughters n 02/909 , my daughter is in this division and is a  caarrier of her state flag

Views: 1436

Replies to This Discussion

YIPEEEEEEE we all are getting letters today my SR said they had 20 minutes to write this past Sunday, don't worry if you did not get on today mail can be slower getting to diffrent states, I am sure yours is on the way.  My girl is so happy she got to shave, lol it just made me giggle, sh was so up beat and sounded great.  She is very excited about her uniform and can't wait to get her dress uniform.  I am so very happy. It relieved alot of fears for me. Hang in there guys we will get there one day at a time

we are at the Ramada also, so glad we will all get to see each other in person, 

Hi agian everyone, I have been doing some checking, and there are meet and grrets at the Ramada and on that is put on by sarge, I understand that the on Sarge does is very nice and there is a rep from base that goes there.  I think we will be attending that one even though we are staing at the Ramada.

Yay!!! I, luckily, received my first letter from my son a couple days ago. He says he is enjoying it for the most part. He said their 909 division is split, which it means it consists of males and females. He said there are about 88 people in their division. He says it has been ok except for some recruits messing up & ruining it for everyone else....which means more PT. I was hoping to fly out there for Christmas & see my son for the day but only the classes graduating on 1/6 & 1/13 are available for the Adopt-A-Sailor program. :( Oh well, it will be less than a month until I see him then. Not too bad, well, yes it is. I will miss him even more over this Christmas holiday. :( I hope everyone is doing well & has a Great weekend!!! :)

Hi Rhonda,

Mt daughter said about the same thing, she was hoping some people started to listen,lol, she is such a dedicated girl and always wants to do the right thing, she get so frustrated when other people screw up and it affrect her, lol, I think that is going to be the hardest thing she is going to have to get use to, she always surronded herself around people that strived for excellence, and moving into a group of all different people is going to take some adjusting.  That first letter was the best thing in the world, but it has not stopped me from running to the mailbox to check for more, lol.  I is amazing how much you miss  them, I just read another Mother saying she gets through by thinking it is just a two month sleep over, lol I thought that was funny.  I hope you are doing well and hanging in there.

Good Sunday afternoon shhowe & all other Navy Moms! :). At shhowe, sounds like my son will be getting along Great with your daughter. They sound so much alike. I hope their group is gettting along and working out better. Although my son said the mishaps are making him stronger, it is still frustrating, I'm sure. I know it would be hard for me to keep my mouth shut! Lol. And, like you, I'm running to my mailbox every day, too! I hear their division is a busy one so we may not be so lucky to receive letters or calls often...especially if there are screw ups there. :S. I just hope this 2 month "sleep over" :) goes by a little faster than it is! I hope you are having a Great weekend and hear from your beautiful SR soon! :)

Good Afternoon Everyone,

Well our Kids are through thier first formal week of training, I was just sitting here thinking, I sure hope they get to write again today.  I am sure if I do not get that letter this week I will completly have a melt down. The days are ticking away and somehow seen to be going very very slow.  It is weird my girl have been gone almost three full weeks and I still do not know what to do with my self. 

Anyway, I decided today to make a red white and blue christmas tree and but it by my front door, It is very cute and as I started it my husband kept finding things that had to go on it, and kept running to the syore, lol.  So it has white lights and red white and blue christmas ball, and red, white, and blue stars on it.  So the last suprise my husband came hold with was a personalized ortiment that says NAVY and had my SR name and 2011 on it.  I love it, I guesss he purchased it at the mall.  If made me feel better today and it is her tree, so everytime I come in or leave the house there it stand tall and proud.  Oh and Walmart had christmas card that are done in Black and White with an American flag in color, very nice cards, and of course that is what everyone is getting this year. lol I think people think I am crazy but I do not care, I am just one PROUD Mom.  Hope everyone is hanging in there.  Happy Sunday tomorrow starts 2-1

What a fun idea! I saw a sailor nutcracker at Target the other day and I couldn't help but buy it. Reminds me of me SR every day. 

I feel the same way about the days passing by slowly! Surprisingly my SR said the time was creeping along for him too! Lets all hope for letters this week!

Daylight415, I bought one of those Nutcracker, before my SR even left, when I brought it hope she thought I was nuts, I do not care, I dispay it proudly, I have to buy an Army one also for my son-in-law. They are very cute.  I think they are a hot item for us Navy Moms

Hey! I'm wondering if anyone got anymore letters! I've yet to get one! :/ Praying for one this week! Or another phone call!!

My boyfriend's mom said he called last Thursday but she didn't elaborate more than that so it could have been a call for paperwork or something to that effect since no one else mentioned getting a call. Other than the call on Thanksgiving and the letter I received this past Thursday there has not been any other communication. In the letter I received he said they would get more time to write on Sunday (yesterday). So hopefully there will be some sort of communication this week.

Thanks! I got the Thanksgiving phone call but no letter yet. I think it's because he forgot my address. I've sent him a ton of letters recently so hopefully he'll get the address then.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service