This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Welcome to the discussion group for division 948.

Your SRs, soon to be SAILORS, are becoming friends, and some of them may be heading to A School together.

Get to know each other, your SRs are!

Please still use the main wall to post questions, and concerns, we “veteran” moms don’t always get to into the discussion groups as often as we would like.

Every single question that is asked is important
Every single concern is genuine
Every single member is important to us
We don't want to accidentally overlook any of them or you.

Hang in there!!!

Views: 896

Replies to This Discussion

Hey does anyone know what day it is for them? is it 2-3 today??

My SR is playing the drums by the way. Takes me back to our band days he played the drums I played the flute both first chairs. =] I'm proud of him for pursuing his music there.

My son said that Monday was 2-1, so I am assuming today is 2-5??

Hey charlie8/14 my son is one of those guys!  Haha I asked him in a letter if he knew your son and he does, he sleeps in the rack next to him!

Sooo, that means I got my letter today yay!!!!!  He mentioned that he will get to call me this week, so I am praying that means tonight!  He said that 2-1 started Monday, for those of you who were wondering.  He got to go to church Sunday and said it was amazing.  He has made friends with pretty much everyone in his division (80ish total, about 40 guys).  His rackmate's name is Nelson.  Is that anyone's son on here??  He said the PB shot wasn't bad at all.  He LOVES the weather (he is used to 100 degree heat here), but that they are hardly ever outside.  His part of Division 948 is State Flags, so he and 49 others will be doing a routine at PIR.  LOL he asked me to condense my letters because his personal drawer is tiny.  He said it's awesome getting all the mail but he doesn't want to run out of room!  He told me just to write more in each letter instead of sending him a short one everyday!

I am so relieved to have heard from him.  PIR doesn't seem that far off now, especially knowing I should get a letter from him every week!  Thanks for letting me share with y'all!

I'm hoping our SR's get to call really soon. Mine mentioned they would call soon and I'm trying to be as patient as possible.
Hello Everyone! I am trying to figure out what week are the SR's going into? I am counting from the day she left are home on Sunday(8/12/12) meaning this is going into the 5th week :-/ Can someone help me out please!!!
HEADS UP Y'ALL!!!!!! 948 IS MAKING PHONE CALLS YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got mine at 3:15pm !!!! :D

Super Cute Bunny Waving

Well, I slept very well last night. I received a call from my baby last evening. She is doing well...passed her swimming test, she is on the drum line playing the bass drum, building muscle and losing weight, and told me that her job at boot camp is (this was the funny part), doing laundry for her division. She hates laundry. She was also excited about learning about firearms this week. She also said "I now know that I made a good decision by joining the Navy. Can't wait to see her and give her a big hug! I am so proud of her, as I have always been! Only 30 days ladies! Thanks to all of you for all of your support.

My son is the laundry PO for his side! How funny. I know what you mean. My son would grab his pile of clothes, stuff them in the washer, then stuff them in the dryer, then stuff them back in the basket. He told me he's doing it my way now. Apparently the Navy agrees with me!

And he's playing cymbals.

Wasn't it good to hear you SRs voice? I'm aching to hear it again.

Hello Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone received or checked their SR's account (paycheck)? Do everyone follow the same pay schedule, and when can we expect to see funds going into are SR account?

I'm missing my fiance so much :( I want to hear his voice again I've had such a terrible weekend now I'm struggling just to pay for my trip to his graduation...I need a better job! I have less than a month to come up with a $500+ trip.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service