This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Let's get together

Views: 675

Replies to This Discussion

Bonnie - Jan - Navymom--- They are much harder on the Spec Ops Division! So, you probably wont get any phone calls for a while and they are not going to be the peppy happy calls that the other moms are getting. And their letters will be few and far between and up and down unlike the other division moms. BUT - wait until you see them march in that auditorium at PIR - at the very (they are the last group to march in) then you will know why!~ They are STELLAR!!!! Im hoping that they will call yall on Thanksgiving day but I would not necessarily count on it.

Also - not our 818s were gng... Only the Rescue Swimmers.. So Jans boy will probably be GnG but the divers stayed in GL for some additional training. Dont know if that is always the case but it was for our PIR and SWCC boys also stayed on hold in GL for about a month before going to CA. So hang in there and wait you wont know until the last minute and then It will be too late to book your flights. We had a feeling he was gonna be GnG but just in case we bought our ticket through Sunday and spent all day Sunday with one of the PIR families and their SWCC boy in Chicago - had a blast!!!! Actually the divers and the SWCC boys also got to actually stay in the hotel over night with their families.... So we will see....
My son who is EOD will stay in GL for Dive prep school before going to Florida. Like 3 weeks....and I understand they will be GNG too. So even though they just transition over to another part of the base, we have to wait for however long it takes for him to do that before he gets Liberty. Does that sound right Lydia?
Yes - it takes them about half the day... If I remember correctly - they moved over right after graduation and then called their parents to come back and get them that afternoon later. Now our divers and SWCCs did get to stay over night for a couple of nights too. So I guess what I should have said was they are all grad and go but not all to the airport hahahahaha!!!!!
That makes sense Lydia because my son is a Rescue Swimmer..That might be why his recruiter told us he would only have "hours" with us, not days. As you said though, no one really knows for sure until the last minute..I'm booked at the Ramada but now realize we really need kitchen facilities, there will be 6 of us and I'm not sure which place would be best..Residence gave me a price of 139. a night for thurs through sun but 179. for wed night...any ideas??? Thanks..xoxo
Thanks Bonnie, you are funny, I didn't even know there was a navy for dads..lol..Every dollar really does help...Between my sons going away party, Christmas in October one day and Thanksgiving in October another day now the trip to Chicago for PIR, my daughters will be sharing dog biscuits with our shih tzu under the tree this year !!!! I need a money tree this December never mind a Christmas tree...lol..Thank you for the suggestion....:-)
Ladies I heard that the Navy Lodge is inexpensive and I thought I heard they had some facilities in the room... Give them a call and see.... Tell them you will be there for PIR. Anyway call em and see. I think that was what I had heard.
Congrats Lydia, and son! We were in LA visiting our older son, I am not sure which is harder having a son at boot camp or living in los angeles, lol! Got home and no letters, but lots of snow, almost had to spend the night at the airport, finally a friend came and got us at 1 am, our girls were scared to drive it was so icy and we are not used to it here. Sure made us miss our BC guy and his truck, guess we have something to write about today.Hope we get calls on Thanksgiving...
cindy - wooow snow already... where do you live? Hang in there letters will start to flow by next week! happy Thanksgiving!
We live in Kirkland, Washington, close to Seattle, so it doesn't usually snow here, and never this early and it is a record cold, 16 degrees last night, so very icy, hopefully it will warm up tomorrow, Reminding myself no news is good news!! Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Living way up there AND the bad weather conditions might also account for the slower mail for you. hugs
Wishing all My shipmates a very Special Happy Thanksgiving and sending Lots of Love to All...
Yea! Got a letter today. He sounds very good. Got 2 wisdom teeth out. Says the food is really good, and he's putting on weight.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service