This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Let's get together

Views: 675

Replies to This Discussion

Cindy..Congratulations on the call and the penant..I don't know what that means but it sure sounds exciting !!! I am so happy to hear that their division is doing so well..I'm sorry for the recruit and family who was sent home..it's a good reminder for me that in certain respects, no news is good news...I'll hold onto that while I wait for a call and/or letter, (with good news)...lol...

Cindy-and others I am so glad to hear about the scores and "hell" week.  My son really doesn't tell me those detail.  I keep asking him in letters and he just is pretty general about things. I mean he'll tell me that there are tests or inspections comng up but nothing specific.  I would have never known last week was any different from any other,  I guess it surprises me because my son is (was) usually pretty talkative. At first I thought maybe he was just trying to keep  me from worrying, but now I think its just the way he thinks, BC as a whole-doing what he has to do so he can get on on with the next thing...

Hi all!  This is the first time I've posted anything and wanted to say hi!  My recruit is in this division as well.  I have a couple of questions...one, I see where some got phone calls yesterday.  We didn't but we've only gotten one since our recruit got to bootcamp.  We have been getting letters religiously every Thursday...except today.  None of us got a letter!  Should we be concerned?  I'm worried sick!  We were also expecting the package for the Adopt a Sailor program and it did not arrive either.  I read where the deadline's tomorrow.  We've bought plane tickets, rented rooms and cars to be there for Christmas.  What do I do?

Ohhhhh.....The watch....would they have watch on the weekends too? 

Thank you Bonnie!  We are fingers and toes crossed that we get something tomorrow or Saturday.  My son is newly married and has a 6 month old baby and we are flying them to see him for Christmas...It's going to crush us all if this doesn't happen. :(

I will DEFINITELY DO IT!!!  Thank you!!

Hi Kimberli..Welcome !! Sorry to hear all the stress you are having..I look forward to reading that it is all worked out. Thank goodness Bonnie knows where you should call, I know she has already been through it. Good luck with that phone call tomorrow. I got a call from my son tonight, he is in the same division as your son. He said the division earned a 20 minute phone call but they all get to call on different days because there are so many people and only one phone. He also said there is a letter on the way so hopefully you will be getting one from your son soon with the paperwork you are looking for. I would still make the call first thing tomorrow though just to be on the safe side.. Their division is doing very well. It was fun hearing the marching and cadence in the background. There was alot of activity. I hope everyone gets their call sooner then later. They had thier pictures taken today. Something else to look forward to....

Hi Bonnie...No we aren't going for Christmas...Wish we were..I am so happy for you that you are. Your son and the SR he gets to bring are so fortunate..You will bring them so much Love and Joy !!!  I wish my son was that SR !! hahahaha  Besides hearing from my son, I am soooo looking forward to reading on here that You heard from Yours!! No matter what, you will see his precious face and hold him in your arms in ONE WEEK ....HOOOYAAAAAAA...Can't wait to hear about it.....Stay strong Mama, you're doing a great job.....Bravo Zulu....

This is good news about the phone call!  I will tell my daughter-in-law today!  I was on FB last night on the U.S. Navy Recruit Command Page and pleaded my case.  They were awesome.  If anyone hasn't had the chance to go there, please do.  You get answers directly from the horse's mouth!  And pretty quickly too!!  Anyway, long story short, an off duty employee of the Public Affairs office emailed me right then and helped me out.  She was able to call over to my recruit's division and make sure they sent their packages out....they did...:).  She also said she would email  the form to me this morning (havent gotten it yet, but she promised!) so I'm waiting patiently for that.  this has been such a roller coaster ride...lol...but I'm sure she wouldn't have done all she did last night if she weren't going to follow through this morning...I'll keep you posted!!

Hahaha..I know you would Bonnie, you are such a warm and caring soul...

Kimberli, it's sounding good...yay !!!

Hello.  I am new to your Division.  My son was in Ship 04 Division 801, but today he called me and said that he failed his 3rd test and his graduation date has been pushed back  :(  So he is moving over to division 802 today, and will be now graduating on Jan 7th. He is having a hard time with this, but I am sure this division is filled with a bunch of great guys!  My son is in as an Air Rescue Swimmer, and we are from Arizona.

Welcome EmilyB, my son is in this division, and his friend that went in 1 day before him is in the 801 division. Maybe they'll get together and talk. We are from Florida

Hi Bonnie, as the boys get closer to the end they will be taking three tests (and I believe these are written type tests).  My son passed the first two, but found out today that he didn't pass the third.  He has also already gone through the 'Confidence Chamber'  (gas chamber), but I guess he might have to do it again with this division.  big bummer.  It has been a roller coaster ride... I know it has thrown me into a funk with him not graduating next Wednesday, and he didn't seem so happy about having to go through three more weeks of boot camp... but I know he can do it.  He is a pretty strong kiddo both emotionally and physically...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service