This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Welcome to the Division Discussion for Divisions 369 and 370

These two divisions are brother divisions and will be training together from the beginning through BS21 their final test. Your SRs, soon to be SAILORS, are becoming friends, and some of them may be heading to A School together.

Get to know each other, your SRs are!

Please still use the Main Wall of the PIR Group to post questions, and concerns, we “veteran” moms don’t always get to into the discussion area as often as we would like.

Every single question that is asked is important

Every single concern is genuine

Every single member is important to us

We don't want to accidentally overlook any of them or you.

Hang in there!!!

Views: 2734

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah not much longer now.  Just like a few you, we have 5 coming to graduation.  The one that is not on the list, is either going to stay at the hotel, or my husband will just go with her to the chapel since she is not 18 yet.  We still have not decided what we are doing. 

I finally ordered his challenge coin on PIR.  When it comes I will post a pick of it, since the ones on the website are not that good. 

Getting ready to send of another letter, since he seems to want lots of news.  Being a Chicago Cubs fan all my life, I got good news this time!!!

I have my son's challenge coin (USS Constitution) and PIR ribbons on the way. Those Cubs sure are giving their fans some excitement!  We're watching right now.  From Cincinnati, but when our boys are out of it....we root Cubs :) My oldest son is there in GL for Aschool now, and they are having a ball watching the games.  He's loving it!

Go Cubbies!  I am originally from Chicago (been in So Cal since I was 7 though), but my dad & his brothers are all crazy Cubs, Bears & Bulls fans still.  I'm a fan, but not like them!  Super exciting watching all these games!  Did you know that in the movie Back to the Future, Marty McFly discovers that the Cubs won the World Series in 2015?  Hmmm...!

I did speak with my son on Saturday, DIV 369. He sounded pretty frustrated...appears they have not won any flags at all and he said the RDC's are making them pay for it- still getting heavy ITE when just a handful won't do as they should be doing.  He doesn't feel as though the division is where they should be by this point so I'm sure it's frustrating.   Hoping those boys turn around very quickly.  He also said they would not be getting another call home until the "I'm a Sailor call"....breaks my heart if that's the case, but we have had TONS of calls compared to my oldest son when he was there.  I hope we can all encourage our DIV 369 Sailors and write as much as possible to pump them up> They have got to turn around....I think we know deep down that they will, but a lot of them don't see it right now.  They need our prayers and our positive thoughts, letters......thanks!

I did see someone ask about PIR Ribbons......pirgifts.com (Craig Maroney) does an awesome job on them, as well as the Challenge coins for their ship, USS Constitution.

I think our Boys were told that they won't get any more calls until the "I'm a Sailor" call...so I have been writing fiercely.  Even started a "positive/words of encouragement to Div 369" thread on the PIR group on Facebook that I plan to print out and send to them.  Hopefully this will help to motivate them all.  They can even bond over pics of their puppies at home ;)  Lots of prayers for them all.  We know they can do this. I think the'yre discouraged because they should really have pulled together as a division by now and haven't.  

My son also relayed a bit of frustration. I was able to surprise him though by letting him know both of his sisters were coming. He was shocked and excited.I know our recruits will get this. I also know our letters mean so much to them.I am going to continue to write to let him know they all have support and prayers from so many of us. I look forward to meeting everyone and I especially look forward to seeing all of us celebrating their accomplishments. Oh and I can't wait to hug my son....as the countdown continues.

I too spoke with my son on Saturday, DIV 369. He sounded pretty frustrated also.  It seam also some guys think this is a party and continue to talk after lights out also which is causing more issues within the group.  It is time for them to get the stuff together already.  I think they're discouraged because they should really have pulled together as a division by now and haven't.  Light your candles and lets all pray for the best.

John'sMom, my blue candles are burning every day all through the house! I agree with you...there seems to be a large handful who think it's still "funny" to act like children.  I sure hope they can all pull together , like NOW. It's crunch time.  I know the RDC's know what they're doing, but it makes me more nervous knowing we probably won't get any more phone calls. I can hear a lot more in my son's voice than in a letter. He's been so sick, got the crud late in boot camp, and finally got meds. I hope they have kicked in so they can get it in high gear now. I am writing more now than ever, and trying to be as encouraging and motivating as I possibly can.  It breaks a mom's heart to hear the things he's said lately.  I know his older brother didn't have it anywhere near this bad, so I don't think he was expecting it to be quite like this. 

My son relayed all the same stuff on Saturday... pretty frustrated with the immaturity and shenanigans going on with some of the guys.  He did say he's made some really good friends also.  But, it's rough on the guys that are serious about boot camp when their division hasn't earned a flag and is getting beaten down by the RDC's because of the guys causing all the problems.  He did say the RDC's said they will most likely be sending some guys back that aren't cutting it,, and they will graduate later.  My son has a good head on his shoulders, he is just doing his personal best, offering help to guys who need it, and looking forward to PIR & A school.  It would just be nice for their division to end on a good note, with a more cohesive team, with some pride for flags they have earned!  Let's pray hard and keep sending those encouraging letters!  If you're on the FB page, don't forget to comment on the post that is being printed and sent to Div369!!  Thanks!!

I got a letter today, and I know his girlfriend did too.  We have not been able to chat yet this evening to know what each others have said.  

Mine just said that he been really sick.  Then he got pink eye and is over that now too, but the rest of the division is also battling the pink eye.  

Also said to not be surprised if they have no flags at PIR.  He said things are starting to slow down.  They did 4 inspections.  He was able to get 5.0 in all of them.  Not for sure how good that is.  

Yesterday they were to go to the live range and he was going to try for sharpshooter.  

I did send an email to his grade school and his teachers are going to have the kids send cards to his division, so I hope that helps out some too.  

Kind of frustrating like you said someone else said.  My older one's division earned all of the flags, even honor that they do not do anymore.  And he is very, very, very proud of that.

Sorry he's been so sick!  They just keep passing stuff around in there :(  We didn't get a letter today... hoping it's just delayed a day because of Columbus Day Monday. 

Yeah, I'm pretty bummed for the guys that are working hard and doing what they're supposed to.  It stinks to not earn any flags, and you can't do anything about it. 

was the link useful at all that I posted? Hopefully you've seen the pictures by now and have found your SR>  Sure made my week as well- I got proof that he's alive and well. LOL :)  

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service