This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Heard from my son and he graduates March the 9th.  I'm so excited to have heard from him.  I am wondering if there are any others out there with the same SHIP/ DIV.  Please post if you are of this SHIP 11/ DIV 084.  I would sure like to hear from anyone else.  Missing my son are you?   

Views: 704

Replies to This Discussion

I think I posted about the scarves on the wrong post, oops. we are trying to decide on a color. Help! lol

Here is your  Division Photo! (Gentle reminder...if you identify your SR please do not post their name)

Click to open in a new page and then you can zoom.

Sadly, my SR is not in the photo. Talk about disappointing :( 

About the scarf color, can someone help me with this? We have a forum on the RTC webpage with about 8 or 10 of us. we are wanting to do the scarf thing. we had mentioned pink. Would this be appropriate? Thanks.

Hey, if you all want pink, my view is it will stand out from the crowd. The guys will certainly be able to spot you! : ) Throw convention to the wind and do what you want!!!

So, let me augment my "throw convention to the wind" viewpoint: In my son's division, the RDC called some of the guys "clowns." So when it was time to design the division flag, the design that got the votes was . . . drum role please . . . a clown. Not a silly clown. A semi-creepy clown. The rest of the divisions had the conventional stuff. The clown, however, will be remembered. This is your's and your SR's day. Have fun.

The only thought is this . . . what shade of pink? A baby, pale pink might not send a good message to all the handsome guys in this photo. Pick a saturated fuchsia pink--looks great against most skin tones, and the guys will not think the color is actually "pink."

awesome - thanks. where do the numbers go and the anchor? 

I guess I need to find a picture of one so I can tell the lady that sews for me, because I wouldn't know where to begin. Thanks for the advice. Let me check with my ladies and I will give a definite answer later today.

zStratMom. can I get a picture of a scarf so we will know what we are doing? I proposed the darker fuchsia pink to the ladies, waiting on an answer. do you think we should opt for something a little less feminine like maybe yellow? and could this be gold or is that already taken? THANK YOU!! 

Hi, families of Div 84 - I know you're still considering colors and were worried about the yellow. What about ROYAL blue? You could do Yellow anchors if you wanted them.

Thank you!!! A great suggestion. That would be a LOT of different shades of blue, but a good thought nonetheless. I will check with the other ladies. Like I said, there may only be a handful of us that make them. For some reason, we just have not been able to connect with a lot of family from 084. :(  Anyway, I will let you know for sure later. and thanks so much for your help!! 

What you see here are two different sets of scarves I made. The pattern is the NCAA Navy Fleece, available from many fabric stores (I got mine at JoAnns). The plain is the ROYAL Blue (the color my son's division families chose). Fleece is EASY to work with. you simply cut "strips" the full width of your fabric (usually about 60" wide). Then trim the ends of the long strips so they are square. Finally cut the fringe, with "fingers" about 1.5-2" long. I used a rotary cutter, but you can use scissors.

I also put one of our Ribbons in the photo for you. (and used the baby's scarf to cover up the last name, ha ha). I used an embroidery machine to create my ribbons, but that's just not necessary. I've seen great ribbons with stick on numbers and letters, and some hand lettered with "paint" pens. I found the anchor at JoAnns in the iron on appliqué section of the store. 

Awesome!! Thanks so much. I am not crafty lol  I may have to get my mom to help or a lady that I know that sews. I actually got that same Navy pattern for my daughter to make my son a blanket. It's just the kind that you tie around the edges, she said it was easy to do. I talked to a lady in 083 and she is doing gold, even though another lady told me it was for sure "yellow". I think some wires may be crossed there, so now I'm just not sure what to do. I am going to Hobby Lobby and see what they have and maybe Joann's too. Thank you so much for all your help!! :) 

Hey, the GOOD news is there's NO SEWING the fleece! Just cutting. Good novice-friendly project ;-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service