This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Recently received some really upbeat letters!  Maybe a phone call soon, I hope!

Views: 1952

Replies to This Discussion

We were all hoping that they would get a call on Sunday for the holiday, I know a lot of Divisions were allowed to call, sadly our SR's were not. I'm hoping sometime this week. I would give my left arm to talk to him. They're holding a trivia contest on the Facebook page, if you're the first person to answer correctly they'll post a picture of the Ship/Division of your choice. The question goes up around noon central time. I've been stalking it all morning...hopefully we can get a picture of 050!!!!

Are any of you sending blank checks for the pictures?  I know my SR - said "mom, I'll take care of it -

but I'm not sure there's money in his account yet to take care of it...and I darn sure want those pictures!  lol

how do you find where to order the pictures and how do i know if he ordered them or not? I want some!

I hope everyone has a most wonderful New Year.  Hopefully, we all get a call from our SR's soon!!  Just think...29 more days!!  Woo-Hooo! 

Hello, took me along time and many pages later to find  12/50 but hear I am.  I am looking forward to many more letters at this point.  As I read them, it is amazing how much they grow. 

Glad to hear everyone's SR's are doing well!! Happy New year to all! My son sent three letters yesterday!! They were absolutely wonderful!! It was funny to hear that the whole division got together and wrote a song on Christmas for RDC's/Petty Officers!! They got up before reville and sang "12 Days of Christmas the Navy gave to me"" ha ha ...so cute. My son's ankle is better and he sounds really upbeat. He had fun when they learned tying and untying the ship lines. And he said they marched in the snow which he absolutley loves. I am soooo proud of him and how excited he is about the Navy. Cannot wait till graduation!! We are almost there!! Anybody going to any meet and greets on Thursday night? It would be nice to meet y'all!! Tell I'm from the south? LOL Congrats Proud mom on your 1st grandbaby!!! Yay! We will have our Sailors marching in their uniforms soon!! yay!

My son also wrote about the song they made up. He said he couldn't write a line, so I was suppose to remind him when we see him and he would tell me all about it. Said it was really funny.  Sounds like he is doing really well.  He told me they made him a Section Leader??  Thanks Ladies, for the input and info.  Please have a Very Happy and Safe New Years:)

Happy New Year everyone!  I got three letters too...didn't say anything about the song but said they had a fun and crazy time..and it took all 78 of them to get the ship all tied back up.  He said they thought it was going to be a breeze and it was actually hard and they really had to work as a team.  He said they have the highest scores of all the divisions in academics and phyical tests.  I hope they can keep up the pace.  He says they don't sleep much.Hoorah - I'm glad your son's leg is better and CariD congrats on SR making Section Leader.  I'm waiting on a call - my SR missed calls because of Ship Staff.  I'm glad to turn the desk calendar over to January...now I can really start marking off the days!  They are making fantastic sailors out of them it sounds like..

Maybe, We will get to ring in the New Year with a call from Our SR's.....

Did anyone get letters yesterday.  Any interesting news on our SR's.  I hope I have a letter today. 

I have been getting them on Thursday - well except for last two weeks...with the Monday holiday.  Any news would make my Friday a little brighter.     Just think...three weeks ...we will be setting in those bleachers!!!!!! 

I got a letter on Tuesday.  He said that they were letting them write on a Wednesday.  Last week was Hell Week for our SR's, I really wasn't expecting much from him considering in the letter he was running on 21 hours of no sleep!  This week should be Fire Training, so hopefully they'll have more time to write.  I'm hoping for a letter today too, no calls.  I'm not expecting another call till they're through Battle Stations - 21 and then we'll all be crying when we hear them say "I'm a Sailor."  These last weeks are going to drag by, but I know what's waiting for us at the end of it...brand new Sailors of the US Navy!  Hopefully you get something today!  From what he said 12/050 is doing really well!

Just a heads up for those who ordered ribbons and scarves or anything else from me. Some of those orders have already been shipped. I am working on the remainder of those orders over the next day or so and they will be shipping and one their way as I get them done. Be looking for those in the mail from the middle to the end of this week. Let me know if you have any questions. I don't always check the discussion pages so send me a message or friend request and I will get back to you ASAP. Thanks again for the orders. Lora (aka Lala)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service