This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
I didnt see a group for DIV 181 so i thought i would start one. My Fiancee is in this Division. If anyone has any questions about boot, feel free to ask, I graduated Nov '09.

Views: 297

Replies to This Discussion

I don't really know exactly how many ppl are in each ship but there are about 88 ppl per division, supposedly the ships can hold up to 16 divisions..... here is a link to wiki for RTC. They bring divisions in to the ships all the time, so all the divisions in the ship don't graduate at the same time, its a rotational basis.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recruit_Training_Command,_Great_Lakes,...
oh, I see. Thanks for the information, I am so excited about driving to Chicago, I have not been that far north, I flew in to Denver once, but thats about it. We get to see the country. I cant wait, He sounded so good on the phone.
If you dont already have one, i suggest getting a Tom Tom or some other kind of Nav system. My mom drove it and was really glad my sister had brought her's. It will also make driving around the Great Lakes area much easier. How long is your drive?
well, it is about 19 to 22 hours. but well worth it. the tom tom is a great idea. I will look into getting one, thanks.
have you heard anything about when they are doing battlestations
haven't seen anything about this div. are they held back
There aren't alot of us with people in 181 as you can see.
I got a letter from my fiancee on Wednesday(ish). From what he has said everything is fine with them. it would take an act of god almost to hold an entire division back. We had a lot of people getting sick when i was in boot and there was a rumor going thru the division that they were going to quarantine us, it never happened of course. I don't know the exact date for battlestations but it should be sometime this week. Unless you get a phone call or letter from you recruit saying they are graduating on a different day b/c they've been ASMO'd assume they graduate on the 7th. You should be getting the "I am a sailor" phone call after they complete and pass battlestations. Wednesday night into Thursday is the last day divisions graduating on a friday run battlestations, there are only 2 reasons i know of that a recruit would run battlestations the night before graduation and that is b/c they failed battlestations the 1st time around or they didn't pass their PFA before their division ran BS. If that's the case then they have to sit in the bleachers for their graduation.
Will they call by Thursday morning. Iam so stressed out because I see other Mom's getting phone calls and it seems that all we are getting is letters that are from the beginning of the week. Do they get pretty stressed out before battlestations and if they fail the PFA do they call that day?
Also in the Army they don't wait till the last minute to move to another spot if you need extra training. Why does the Navy wait till the very end?
Other mom's are getting phone calls now because their children have already gone thru BS. Divisions can do battlestations up to like 7 days before they graduate, so that's why some moms are getting their phone calls now. i did BS Wed into Thur, my parents were already on the road when i called them to tell them i was a sailor. it all depends on when they run BS and when your division is scheduled to go thru it. If someone is to be ASMO'd back they don't wait to do it, they get sent within like 2 days or less, if they fall a test twice they're gone a matter of days if not hours, same with PFA's, medical issues, disciplinary issues, etc But BS is actually graduation for us sailors, its when we get issued our Navy ball caps and can stop wearing our recruit ball caps, the ceremony is just for parents, that's why if you can't pass BS you get sent back, unfortunately sometimes it falls a day or so before graduation. Just think, they graduate anywhere from 7 to 14 divisions a week, and they have a graduation every Friday, so at any given time they have 56 to 112 divisions if not more that they have to schedule to get into all the different areas for training. And to send 7 to 14 divisions thru areas that start at 6am and run till 2 or 3pm, and its only 5 days a week for that type of training, that's a lot of timing involved.
i know what your going thru worrying. I worried in boot camp that i wasn't gonna pass my PFA, but i kept telling myself if i didn't pass, i wouldn't get to see my parents and they would be mad at me b/c they spent soo much money to come up and they can't see me. Now i get to go thru that again, only this time with my Fiancee. Just for me to go to his graduation and spend the weekend with him, i had to put in 3 separate special request chits and now i have to go talk to the LPO of my schoolhouse. I still don't know if i'm gonna be allowed to attend his graduation or if i will be stuck in school that day, and its less then a week before. chances are also i wont be getting his Im a sailor phone call b/c i will be in school, my best friend might get it for me. Try not to worry too much, unless your sailor has been LLD or SIQ most of their time in boot and has pushed themselves during PT, they will pass their final PFA. BS is easy as long as they follow directions, don't cheat, and DON'T FALL ASLEEP!!; its that simple.
Thank you for that I feel a lot better I am truly thankful for you respoding to me. Father, I pray that this young lady will get that call and that she will be allowed to see her fiance graduate. In Jesus Name. Amen.
Hi Div 181~ I was just wondering if there has been any update to your Battlestations date? I figure you will go either Monday or Tuesday. I would like to update the battlestations page with your info. It is driving me crazy not knowing, so I can't imagine how you guys are feeling. Just keep us up to date. Let us know when you hear something. Praying for your SR.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service