This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Welcome to the discussion group for divisions 011 & 012!

These two divisions are brother divisions and will be training together from the beginning through BS21 their final test. Your SRs, soon to be SAILORS, are becoming friends, and some of them may be heading to A School together.

Get to know each other, your SRs are!

Please still use the Main Wall of the PIR Group to post questions, and concerns, we “veteran” moms don’t always get to into the discussion area as often as we would like.

Every single question that is asked is important
Every single concern is genuine
Every single member is important to us
We don't want to accidentally overlook any of them or you.

Hang in there!!!

Views: 1660

Replies to This Discussion

I received my first letter today from Ship 13 Div 12, dated 7 Oct 12. We will be driving up from Alabama, 10.5 hours

Glad you got that first letter. My son is with your son. That's a nice drive 10.5 were about 5 hours from Cincinnati.

How many of you from Ship 13 Div 16 have received a letter from your SR?  I have  not yet, and I know everyone on here says no news is good news.  This Wed will be the end of week 3 and the begining of week 4.  I cried a lot today.  I have written to him everyday.  I love to hear when you receive a letter from your SR. it is so touching to hear what they are saying.  Maybe I will get on in this coming week. Positive Thinking ....

My SR son is in Ship13 Div 16 I too have not gotten anything. I am having a hard time with not knowing when and how many days to reserve a hotel room for. If he will be able to spend the whole holiday weekend with us or not. We want to spend every second we can with him. So we are waiting for a call or letter. This is too hard!!!!

@ pcrager - so I was thinking maybe that 3 week phone call today.. It is Sunday.  But with not letter, I feel there also will be not call. But I do keep my phone with me 24/7..I am flying in to Ohare on Tuesday early afternoon, and going to Sarge's Meet and Greet.  I am flying home on Friday night.  My ex is staying till Sat night.  Hope to meet you at the Meet and Greet.

debnchris

I am sure we will meet. Which meet and great are you going to? We still have not decided on driving or flying. We want to stay as long as he is able to be with us. Still waiting for the call but he might not have any information about it either. Let me know when you get a call or a letter and I'll do the same.

pcrager - I am going to Sarge's meet and Greet.  I hope you go to that one.  I will for sure let EVERYONE know when I get a letter.  OMG I will be so excited.... I try not to cry but the tears come so often and at any time..

debnchris

I am attending Sarge's meet-n-greet. Maybe we will meet each other there. I hope you get a letter soon. I hear about the tears. They come at the weirdest times. I have had a letter from my SR and so has his GF. Both notes were positive which is great but I still miss him terribly. Maybe phone calls next week??? Keeping my fingers crossed. I would be lost woth out all the moms on this site.

Ctownmom - I look forward to meeting all of the wonderful people that we have been talking to.. To bad the Veterans ones would not be there too.  I just hope I get a letter this week.. Wed is the start of week 4

Hello Ladies, I received another letter from my SR on Friday, he sounded a lot more up beat in this letter them before. I also received another form type letter with the correct PIR date on it. Has anyone received a phone call yet?

No phone call yet! I'm so looking forward to it. Maybe this weekend??

It seems that they have little time to write as my son can be quite wordy and his letters have been quick and to the point. He often states how it is a quick letter, so to the mom's who have not received one; I hope you get one soon, but the kids seem to be busy getting through their watches, various training, etc. I have been told that it is great to know how things are going at home and that is what he asks each time. So keep writing your recruit because I am positive that they are reading those letters and thinking of their loved ones; and missing home, but may be beat by the end of the day.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service