This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Welcome to the Division Discussion for divisions 127 and 128

These two divisions are brother divisions and will be training together from the beginning through BS21 their final test. Your SRs, soon to be SAILORS, are becoming friends, and some of them may be heading to A School together.

Get to know each other, your SRs are!

Please still use the Main Wall of the PIR Group to post questions, and concerns, we “veteran” moms don’t always get to into the discussion area as often as we would like.

Every single question that is asked is important Every single concern is genuine Every single member is important to us We don't want to accidentally overlook any of them or you.

Hang in there!!!

Views: 2412

Replies to This Discussion

Sydney when we got our first phone call the night our son arrived in Great Lakes he said he would get to call again in about 3 weeks so we just keep watching that phone.  He will be gone 2 weeks on Monday 11th. We were so happy to get the "letter" the other day, until then we had no address.  Just doing alot of hoping and praying that he's ok.

I got the "I'm here" call now I'm just waiting anxiously for the call where he can talk, I wish I knew when it would be so I could be prepared

I am a frequent traveler, I will be doing the PIR trip next Month, I have found some great deals online to keep the expenses down. Although I usually stay at Marriots etc. On my business trips I need to keep my expenses low so here is what I found so far.

best rate for rental car 3 days tax included thurs- sun ..advantage out of ord 34.98 total

best rate hotel with free internet and basic cont breakfast, 7 miles from base 41.00 a night ..Days Inn gurnee Waukegan

airfare is tricky because its st pats week, plus I fly out of Florida, the best rate rt is to Milwaukee but I chose  jet blue reg 1 way fare to Ohare ORD for 122.00 I got it for 5 dollars with my FF going home I am still working on.  the return flight  because of spring break. the only PROBLEM YOU CAN ENCOUNTER is if you sr pir date changes, but the rental car and hotel is cancellable with no fee as long as u cancel 24 hors ahead airlines don't do this unless you pay aprox double the normal non refund fare, sw airlines offers a no fee change but are usually more exp. tickets, sometimes you can get great prices on pick your airfare on priceline.com

Hey everyone, just wanted to share this. we received a "surprise" 10 minute call from our son this past Saturday.  He sounded so good, sounded happy and he said he was doing good.  He said they werent expecting to get to make the call until about 5 minutes prior to him calling so it was an awesome surprise for us all. Just to hear his voice and know that he's doing OK and he's happy made me feel sooo much better.  I felt like a hundred lbs had been lifted off my shoulders.  Really looking forward to graduation on March 22, cant wait to see our sailor.  We've been working on booking flights and hotel reservations.  Illinois is a long way from North Carolina but we're coming right along, our son is Div 127 Ship 13.  He also said he had mailed out a bunch of letters last Friday and was beginning to receive ours.  Best gift a mom can ever receive....knowing their child is happy!!! 

Great ebennett! My son is also Ship 13 Div 127, but I didn't hear from him. Hoping he's okay! I wish I knew why some got to call and some didn't. Did he say if their division was working well together?

If you're on Facebook, there's a great group for others with our PIR date. https://www.facebook.com/groups/334073426696831/

hey melissaDTX  This was the first call we had gotten since the night he arrived in Great Lakes so it was definitely a great surprise. he really didnt say anything about the division. He just said that when they got they were told not to worry about all the things they had been told.  He said they told us to do what we were told and we would be ok, he said so mom thats what I do, whatever they tell me to and I'm getting along fine.  He said I really dont want to get on their bad side.  I said no son you dont so you just keeping doing what they say and I think you'll be fine.  I think he was so nervous before he went, excited but nervous, he told me Saturday it really wasnt as bad as he thought it was gonna be.  I think everyone had him scared to death.....but from the way he talked I think they are getting along good, like I said he didnt specifically mention the division he just said we're doin good.  I think these surprise phone calls come randomly to them and I hope you get to talk to your son soon.  Just hearing their voices and knowing they are ok means everything to a mom. 

Hi all!. Finally, heard my Sailor's voice this Saturday. He sounds so happy. Can't wait till PIR. 3/22/13 (Ship 13 DIV 127)

Allsparklez0710- Glad some from my son's division got calls this weekend! I'm not sure why I didn't. Hoping to get mail this week!

If you're on Facebook, there's a great group for others with our PIR date. https://www.facebook.com/groups/334073426696831/

Hi MelissaTX and ebennett... It sure is great to communicate with Mom's experiencing the same emotions(mixed).  It indeed made my weekend. Have not received mail yet, hoping it will be sometime this week. Hopefully we can meet one another @ PIR.  Apparently, he will be allowed another call within 2 weeks. Happy everyone's son is doing good.

Allsparklez0710- It certainly does help to be connected to others who are experiencing the same things! I also find out a lot from this site and the Facebook site that helps me be better prepared for the next few weeks!

Soo glad you got to hear from your son too.  I know you were like us and it definitely made our weekend.  Our son really sounded good, happy.  Just to hear his voice and know hes happy means everything.  Hopefully we will hear from them again soon.

Cute Kitten Smiling

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service