This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
My husband arrived on April 7th to Greak Lakes. Called recruiter today- and was told he is on Ship 7 Div 202- anyone else have a family member/loved one there?

Views: 215

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm hoping that the rest of the family (at least immediate family) will be able to get in after the list people are seated. I'm not 100% sure how many of us are going anyway. For various reasons the other kids may not be able to attend. So, no panic after all. And even if they miss the ceremony, we can buy the video... AND, they can see James after the ceremony. That's really the whole point of going. This is for him. :-)
Margaret
Wow really? June 4th? That seems rather early - but it's alright I get to see him earlier than what i thought!! Although I haven't received the form letter yet. *pouts*
Received form letter in the mail today!! Patrick was upbeat, but I still can't believe how just a few lines can make me start crying. So good to read even a few sentences. I have read them over and over again. I can picture him saying them in my mind. :)
Received the letter! June 4th it is! Can't wait to see him again.
We're all on the same schedule. I received the form letter today too. Yes, June 4th. My son wrote: So far, so good! I like it for the most part... food is great, bathrooms are small, but days are fast. Love U, Miss U, CU soon." The postmark on the envelope was 4/13... 6 days into bootcamp. I am assuming they haven't started the screaming & yelling at them yet? Except I have to wonder... my son is 6'5" tall. I keep envisioning the Gomer Pyle episodes were the Sarge is yelling at Gomer's chest. My son is definitely no Gomer Pyle, but he is tall... I've read other posts where the Officers are yelling in their ears. Unless the officer is 6'5" tall, it won't be happening... or they make my son crouch a little... I don't know. Any way, it was so good to get the letter & I am glad he is seems to be going with the flow. He was on DEP for 9 months. Real apprehensive just before leaving... lots of 2nd thoughts & sad about leaving his friends. I told him I am sure all recruits feel this... very very normal. And I tried to remind him of why he made the decision to join and all the positives that await him. He shared with me, on the 'I arrived at BC' call, that he was feeling better about things & was feeling much more confident. I hope these positives keep building. !!!!!
My name is susan and my son CJ is there. I got the letter and I am busy writing writing writing,
Nice to meet ya Susan. I'm glad we are all slowly trickling in. I am also glad that everyone's loved ones are doing well. I am anxiously awaiting my husbands first letter to me. I'm assuming that they will let them write this weekend. At least, I hope so.

And from what I have heard Jazzed the real screaming probably started this week... Monday most likely. The first week is mostly processing... so they havent been hit with the brunt of everything yet. :-/

I can't wait until we all know more about how they have been doing. Everyone stay by your mail boxes! lol
Hi! My daughter Miranda got to boot camp the same time as most of the string here.... i did get a call yesterday as she was ill and wouldn't have been able to send the letter with the correct mailing address. we have her box her and my husband said her socks are really starting to stink.

today is a hard day- sitting home all alone
Awww I hope your daughter gets better soon. And yeah, some days feel harder than others. If I stay really busy then it's easier..but if I am sitting at home alone - I miss him soo much!
I chuckled at the stinky sock comment... My son's clothes in the box were pretty ripe... I haven't removed them completely from the box, but really need to. I also need to hit his room... but have put it off & put it off...
Hi, I'm Jenifer. My son arrived at Great Lakes, on Wednesday, April 7. Hope you hear from Miranda soon and that she is feeling better! :)
The "alone" times are the worst. But I'm not alone much... which helps. :-) I finally put my son's clothes in the washer the other day. And I'm lucky that my younger son (who will be leaving for the Marines this summer) has been cleaning James' room and car. I haven't had to try to do that yet. I had planned to use his room as a guest room, but now I find myself wanting to keep it ready for him... sigh. :-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service