This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Hi, everyone who has a SR on Ship 4, div 818. My son left on July 3. We live in Ohio. Hope to hear from all of you soon.

Views: 4778

Replies to This Discussion

Morning. I've read that on holiday week-ends they sometimes get longer liberty so we will keep our fingers crossed for you to be able to spend some time with your boyfriend.  Hopefully, we will all get a little extra time with our sailors.

How's everyone doing? Any letters yet? I'm traveling for work right now so unfortunately I won't be able to check mail until Saturday!

Not yet Navy GF - was so hoping the mailbox would have one yesterday, just hoping for it today when I get home from work. It's kind of all I've been focused on this week.  Still missing him but not in an awful way, just would like to know and hear from him about BC stuff. 

I can't wait to hear what their days are like and that he's ok! I'm with ya...it's all I've been focusing on! Lots of prayers!

I just heard from my son's girlfriend. She does the facebook thing and says that some of the people over there say they are getting letters but she didn't receive a letter in today's mail. Maybe our guys and gals are just too busy (since I think they do extra training) to write or maybe we will get something tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed, ladies.

I am going to try and send you ladies some SPECOP Veteran Moms. It's been so long since we had a SPECOP Div...817 is in the 07/27 PIR...so I will let them know!

Thanks FTLW. I'm sure we would all love to hear about their experiences.

Welcome MamaG.  I see that you are from Washington Court House. My roommate in college(years, and years and years ago, haha) was from there. I visited her home once, it was a nice town. What rate is your son? 

Yes, we are from WCH.  If you don't mind me asking what year did you graduate from college?  I know alot of people in WCH, it would be very funny if I knew your roommate.  What was her maiden name?  As for my sons rate he is EOD.  I just received a call from him.  Apparently, his recruiter needs to send all the security clearance forms, sounded like several were calling.  He was able to talk for a moment.  Said he's been receiving my letters, but they've been so busy he hasn't had a chance to write, or they haven't been allowed to write it.  He promised me he would and that this call didn't count as my mid bootcamp call.  He said he's doing fine, and no regrets.  Have you heard from your son yet and what's his rate?

MamaG, THANK YOU for saying they haven't had a chance to write. I just got the mail and there was no letter. For some reason, that is really bothering me today. I haven't cried since a few days after he left and yet for the last hour that seems like thats all I've wanted to do. Silly, I know but can't help it. I'll get over it soon, I'm sure. Oh, and congratulations on getting the chance to talk to him even if it was only for a few minutes. I can't wait until I hear from my SR.

I graduated high school in 74 and went to ATI in Wooster in 74-75. My roommates name was Michele Balo. I haven't talked to her in years. That would be so cool if you knew her.

Jodi - Josh's Mom

No letter to day for me either.  At least we know, same ship and div, apparently are too busy to write home!  I keep thinking the No News is good News thing. but I want to hear from him so badly.Every trip out to the mailbox is getting increasingly more depressing. I sent out letter #4 to him today. I hope he's getting ours.  I'll keep waiting but I'm kind of relieved to know you haven't gotten one either - if you get my drift.  Keep the faith, Mom.....I will as well.  Regards, GMom.

Darn, unfortunately I don't know her.  I graduated HS in 79 and most of the people I'm familiar with are my age or younger.  I was a cheer coach for 7 years, so that filled in a gap from HS until my kids were born and then having two children 2 years apart and in a variety of sports, that gave me the opportunity to know a lot of people.  As for the crying, I know exactly what you mean.  I haven't cried since the day he left, I tried to keep everything positive, knowing he was being watched over and in good hands.  However, yesterday when I got to talk to him, he actually had called earlier that day and I missed his call.  I couldn't believe it.  I have my phone on me 24 / 7 and the one time I left it behind for a mear 5 minutes, he calls.  I was sick to my stomach, knowing he tried to call and I missed it.  My daughter and I were eating lunch at Bob Evans and tears just started running down my face.    He did leave a message and I could hear his voice but I felt terrible.  The good news they allowed him to call again last night, so he took a few minutes to answer some questions.  I asked how it was - he said alright,I asked if he had been getting yelled at, he said some - lol, I asked how the folding of clothes is going - he said good,  I asked if he had any regrets, he said no regrets.  H also said food wasn't too bad.  He also said they've been so busy the he hasn't had any time to write.  I'm not sure if they haven't been allowed to write (because I keep hearing 3 full weeks before they can) or if they're just so busy they have no time to write yet.  He promised me he would.  I was glad to hear that he's getting our letters, because I want him to know that we're keeping him close to our heart and are supporting his choice of joining the military.   Lastly, I want to thank you for your original post inviting Div 818 to chat.  This site has really helped.  I was worried about him not getting my letters, so hopefully me posting that he is and just hasn't had time, helps ease someone elses mines.    Hang in there, we have almost 3 weeks under our belt and soon I'm sure you'll be hearing from your son.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service