This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

We mailed over 2,00 pillowcases to the USS Wasp, which is carrying the 22nd MEU, another Marine unit.

As always, we will mail until we are done whether that's 2, 3 or 4 months.  It doesn't matter, we mail until everyone get a pillowcase.

The wave dates for the USS Wasp are as follows:

Wave 1- 6-17 thru 6-21     561  DONE
Wave 2 - 6-27 thru 6-30    389  DONE
Wave 3 - 7-11 thru 7-15    604  DONE
Wave 4 - 7-25 thru 7-30    430  DONE
Wave 5   8-8 thru 8-13      230  DONE
The next ship needs over 1,000 and those waves dates for the
USS San Antonio are as follows:
Wave 1   8-22 thru 8-27    337  DONE
Wave 2   9-6 thru 9-9        334  DONE
Wave 3   9-19 thru 9-26     391 DONE
The next ship is the smallest-USS Whidbey Island
Wave 1   10-3 thru 10-7     346   DONE
Wave 2    10-17 thru 10-21 408   in process
And we will add more as needed.  
We can use your help with pillowcases, fabric and/or shipping $.  Please let me know how you can help.  Thanks!

Views: 993

Replies to This Discussion

Wave 4 for the USS Wasp is complete. We mailed 430 pillowcases this time. The 5th wave and hopefully the last one is 8-8 thru 8-11.
If you have or can get pillowcases made by then, please let me know.

The Wasp is finished and the San Antonio begins on 8-22.  We can use your help!

Good evening,

I am Eric  and I am currently serving aboard the United States Ship WASP (LHD 1). We departed Virginia for deployment in June.

The blessings are all ours and ten thousand beside to have the privilege to serve. We all love our wonderful country and the gift of a nice pillow case is more appreciated than I can say. I normally bring sets of sheets from home but borrow pillow cases from the ship and you never know what you’re going to get. Sometimes you are fortunate enough to get a new one and you try to keep it and wash it yourself to ensure you get it back.

The pillow case I got was made by Ms. Ethel , it is maroon with “Home of the Brave” and “I’m proud to be an American” just to name a couple of the inscriptions on it. It’s so nice I hate to use it before returning home but I will, and I will take care of it and cherish it.

People like Ms. Walker and her gesture of appreciation is the icing on top of the cake. Please let her know that she has truly blessed my soul, and all the people that have received the cases thank you all for your service.

May God bless you all, our wonderful country, and may He get the glory, honor and the praise. Thank you so very much, sincerely. 

Very Respectfully,  LCDR Eric Amphibious Squadron Six

I am very excited about this because I send leftover lessons that my pastor teaches in my boxes.  This is the 1st response that we have had.

Pastor Joiner,

We have received several pillow cases sent graciously to our ship by your dedicated members.  I thought you might like to know, I am an Independent Baptist chaplain.  I am endorsed by All Points Baptist Mission, under the supervision of Dr. Robbie Morrison.

www.allpointsbaptist.com

Thank you for your stand on the Bible.  (KJV)

Very Respectfully,

LCDR Richard Wiese  22D MEU  Command Chaplain

Mrs. Carol D, good afternoon.  We received your care packages with pillow cases enclosed and therefore wanted to send my "thank you" on behalf of all the Marines from Battalion Landing Team 1/6, currently deployed with the 22d Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU).  Being away from home it is things like this that make them feel a bit closer with home-made items provided to them.  It is highly appreciated and hope nothing but the best to all the families back home during the upcoming holiday season.  Thank you.

Hero (this is a shortened version of his name-pretty cool)
R/S,1stSgt H. Aguirre  H&S Company

********************************************************************************************************

Carol,   We are currently deployed on the 22nd MEU and we are on the USS
Wasp. We received the pillowcases you sent us and trust me when I say there
a lot nicer and conferrable than the ones that the Navy gives us. I got the
green case with flowers and really appreciate what you did for us God bless
and have a good day.  

Very Respectfully,  Sgt Ben S 1st battalion 6th Marines  H&S Company 

I didn't get a photo from her.  bummer!

Hello,

My name is Lcpl Eric and I received one of the pillowcases you made
and I just wanted to send my thanks. They are very beautiful and well-made
and I appreciate you all taking the time out of your day to make them for
all of us.

V/R   Lcpl  Eric J.  ACE S-6 Help Desk Clerk

******************************************************************************************************

Head at Ease, 

Today I received a pillowcase that has the best pattern of barbeque restaurants I have ever seen. I am originally from Texas, and just as I was starting to get a little homesick this little gem arrived. Thank you all very much for your time and effort in making these pillow cases. I can already tell you right now that I will keep mine prominently displayed on and off ship for years to come. 

V/R  Josh 

*******************************************************************************************************

Good early morning, 

We are currently operating 6 hours ahead of the US right now.  Working the night shift.  Wanted to let you know that our office received the shipment. 

Have yet to actually use one at the moment, but I have it ready to go. 

Thanks for all that you do and hope all is going well at the homefront.

Very respectfully,  CTR1 Chris 

Mary, Annette, Jolene, Denise and Ed,

My name is Christopher and I am a Gunner’s Mate 1st Class on the USS Wasp.  This morning I was called to our office and received a beautifully handmade pillow case.  I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your thoughts, prayers and generosity as we are currently deployed overseas.  This is my second deployment in 10 years of service and it is always nice to know that people are thinking of us while we’re gone.  The kind acts that you’ve provided made all of the Sailors working for me smile, which is hard to do at 0630.  Again, thank you for the kindness you’ve provided to us and may God bless you. 

Very Respectfully,   Christopher  Gunner’s Mate First Class

These are the 90 pillowcases that Jolene and her crew in Iowa sent between June and July.  So he got a pc from 1 of these 3 mailings.

Ma’am, 

Good Morning my name is and I am a Gunners Mate onboard USS Wasp. I wanted to say thank you for the pillow cases that you sent me and my fellow shipmates. Knowing that people back home still think about us means the world to me and my guys. Again thank you very much! 

Very Respectfully   Daniel

Heads at ease,

I am a US Sailor currently deployed onboard the USS San Antonio,
we received some of your wonderful handmade pillowcases and handwritten
cards recently and I wanted to take a moment to express our gratitude
and let you know just how much it means to have your thoughts and
prayers with us. The time and effort spent to help comfort us while away
from home does not go unnoticed and on behalf of us all, thank you so
very much. A special thanks to Miss Carol Coddington, whose card and
pillowcase I received; it brightened my day, and keeps my head comforted
at night. 

Thank you,  Petty Officer Third Class Jonathan Z

Good morning,

I received a lovely pillowcase this morning. I was told to “grab a pillowcase that I liked from the box”

but I had no idea they would all be so nice. Given the opportunity to see where the pillowcases came

from, I just wanted to thank someone. It says made by Martha Marty so thank you very much. I have

one with little Scottish Terriers on it. Thank you all at Heads At Ease very much. I won’t go on and one

but your efforts are definitely appreciated! J

Very Respectfully,   PO3 Jazmin USS Whidbey Island LSD 41

Mary, Annette, Jolene, Linda, and all of the wonderful seamstresses at
Heads at Ease,
I wanted to thank you very much from myself and all of Combat Systems
Department. We recently received quite a few beautifully sewn
pillowcases whilst out here on deployment, and are incredibly grateful!

Thank you for what you are doing and know that it really is making a
difference and adding a touch of home.
(I wrote back and asked her to describe it and this is what she sent back):

As requested, I have a really fun rainbow vertical striped pillow with
the cuff being brown with white polka-dots and a slim yellow and white
flower pattern just below that.

I also have a green with leaves and a pink flower/white background cuff
with a slim solid pink band beneath that.

Thank you again!

Warmly,  LT Beth-Ann C. P Combat Systems Officer  USS SAN ANTONIO (LPD-17)

Hi Christine,
 I just wanted to reach out to you to say thank you for making the
pillow cases for our crew. I came across your email while distributing
them. It's very thoughtful of you and anyone else who has a hand in this
to think about our service members. 

Very respectfully,
Ma'am,
This is extremely late and I apologize, but I wanted to thank you for the pillowcases.  All of my Marines on the 22D MEU greatly appreciated them.  I can honestly say it means a lot to know people like yourself take the time to remember my Marines and I.  This was my 7th deployment and I can tell you it means a lot.
Thank you again,
God Bless,
Dan   Major USMC
from 1 of the ships that we did last summer/fall:

Ma'am,
This is extremely late and I apologize, but I wanted to thank you for the pillowcases.  All of my Marines on the 22D MEU
greatly appreciated them.  I can honestly say it means a lot to know people like yourself take the time to remember my
Marines and I.  This was my 7th deployment and I can tell you it means a lot.
Thank you again,  God Bless, Dan  Major USMC,  Alpha Company

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service