I need support and opinions. My daughter is due to leave for BC in a couple months. She is having some issue with her intestine and has hemorrhoids and a fissure. It's been going on for a couple months now and the dr's perscribed treatment for hemorrhoids and fissures isn't helping.
So, the delimma is: Do we go to a gastrointerologist and get more tests done and risk her getting medically DQd or wait it out? I'm terrified she will loose this opportunity but I'm also worried about her health.
Have any of you had any experiences with medical issues?
Both of my kids are Navy Drs. The one sitting next to me read your post and indicated your daughter should seek additional treatment if this situation is not resolving. Although hemorrhoids are not a "disqualifier", she would need to disclose the medical issue and treatment to the Navy for her records and to determine if BC might be delayed. Failure to fully disclose medical history is a potential disqualifier. You do not want medical at BC to request her civilian records and learn of undisclosed issues and medications. Best to her in her Navy endeavor.
Thank you! I appreciate your response.
I agree with what LeAnn said. Not sure what is causing her intestinal problems but it's possible the stress of boot camp could make matters worse. And she definitely needs to disclose this issue to her recruiter and see about postponing reporting to boot camp until she gets a chance to get this resolved. Could she get a second opinion if what her doctor is doing now isn't helping?? I would hate to hear that she is suffering more once she gets to boot.