This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Any other mom's out there in this same division?

Views: 753

Replies to This Discussion

Adam's Mom.  No worries.  This is the same thing that happens with nearly every division.  They can't get along, the argue, they don't think they'll pull it together.  And then lo and behold, the pull it out in the end.  When I read the letters my husband wrote me while in boot camp, it's the same story.  They'll be just fine.  Your son sounds like he is level headed and not feeding on the drama.  That's a GOOD thing.  A little over 17 days, gals.  We're going to be able to print our gate pass before you know it!
Thanks Lisa. I hope he is keeping his nose clean. He did tell me he got yelled at for the first time last week. They will pull it together!!!

I wish he would call, dying to hear his voice. 17 days and counting.....
Is it too late to order ribbons?
My son Cory is in this division. Have received a few letters and one call. First letter said he hated it. The last two a little more positive. I would love to order a ribbon!
Keep your phones close ladies....I just got an 18 minute phone call from my sailor!! And his sister got an 11 minute call.   I'm so happy I could run to the top of a building and scream!!  He sounded awesome!! Made it through hell week with flying colors.  Said the division has earned all but one of the flags...and they should get that at battlestations.  I have the date of their battlestations, but I know I'm not supposed to put that on here.  If you send me a message I'll be happy to share!  He's had some disappointments and struggles...but overall is doing great!  Excited about the next phase of his Navy journey and very excited to see his family in two weeks!!  I needed to hear his voice so badly...this has made my day!!  And will make the next 2 weeks so much easier!!
Got a call, too.  I hope Adam's mom got her call today!!!  Glad you got one, too, B's mom!  I also have BS date.  SR said they got Battle E flag.  He got marksman ribbon (wahoo).  Although he seemed a little disappointed he didn't get sharpshooter.  He said only one person in the division got that.  He knows what language he'll be studying at DLI and what his first duty station will be after school.  I couldn't be happier.  We're so close now, Ladies.

Good evening everyone, I wanted to let you know that all the ribbons for this DIV that have been paid for as of yesterday have all been shipped. I am still waiting on payments from several and as soon as those payments arrive I will ship your ribbons. There is still plenty of time to order and get them in time for PIR. If anyone else would like to order some ribbons to wear to PIR just click on my name and send me a friend request or send me a message to: uniquememorymakers@yahoo.com   I will be sending more ribbons early next week as I receive the payments. You can see more pics on my page here on N4M's or on my facebook page. The link for it is below, just click on photos on the left side to see the pics and then send me a message on Navy for Moms or email me to get ordering information here is a link to it: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Unique-Memory-Makers/204119052936924?...

Thanks so much, have a wonderful weekend, Lora

Good evening everyone, I wanted to let you know that all the ribbons for this DIV that have been paid for as of yesterday have all been shipped. I am still waiting on payments from several and as soon as those payments arrive I will ship your ribbons. There is still plenty of time to order and get them in time for PIR. If anyone else would like to order some ribbons to wear to PIR just click on my name and send me a friend request or send me a message to: uniquememorymakers@yahoo.com   I will be sending more ribbons early next week as I receive the payments. You can see more pics on my page here on N4M's or on my facebook page. The link for it is below, just click on photos on the left side to see the pics and then send me a message on Navy for Moms or email me to get ordering information here is a link to it: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Unique-Memory-Makers/204119052936924?...

Thanks so much, have a wonderful weekend, Lora

Hi all!  We're trying to compile a list of moms and hometown and recruit (sailor!) names and where they're going after boot camp.  If you guys could send that info to me at my private mail vareporter@gmail.com, I'm going to pass it on to another mom who will compile a complete list.

Folks, if you'd like to be included in the spread sheet with everyone's contact information, please see the discussion that PMSing has posted regarding the template.  All you'll need to do is fill it out and return it to either her or to me at: vareporter@gmail.com.

Looking forward to meeting everyone in person!

Forwarded my info...thank you for being in charge of this Lisa!  Would also just like to say thank you to all of you that have been such a huge means of support for me this past 8 weeks!!!  I'm not sure how I would have coped without this group...just the knowledge I've gained alone has helped to feel more of an understanding of what my son has gone through and can expect in the future and has greatly helped me to feel more connected in a time that we really couldn't be connected at all to our kids...probably for the first time ever!!!  We were informed that our son will be recieving an award at graduation...I am so proud that I just feel like I could burst, but not only for my son...for all of those kids there that have endured, persevered, and suceeded in this journey.  Can't WAIT to see them all on Friday...if I can see through my tears at all!!  And can't wait to meet some of you!!  I am planning on being at the meet-n-greet at the Ramada for sure.  Does anybody know if there is still an additional one being done by "Sarge"?  .....48 hrs from now we will be there...Yay!!!!!!!!!!! 

What an honor to receive an award.  That is something your family will never forget.  I heard someone mention a meet and greet by "Sarge" but I never knew what they were talking about.  Where did you see that information?  We're going to work on getting this list compiled so we have a way of keeping track of each other, if you so wish.  My husband and I still keep in touch with friends from the Navy that we've known for almost 20 years now.  I can tell you that your military family will mean so much to you when it comes to deployment time.  And since we are all moms, and not dependents, we sort of get ignored by the Navy.  Which is fine.  It's not their job to babysit us moms.  But I'm just saying that groups like this are so important. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service