Time: April 10, 2011 to April 17, 2011
Location: Dallas-Ft. Worth, Texas
City/Town: Dallas-Ft. Worth
Website or Map: http://www.navyweek.org/dalla…
Event Type: navy, week
Organized By: Navy for Moms Admin
Latest Activity: Apr 10, 2011
Navy shifts Dallas-Fort Worth Navy Week to 2011 to coincide with Centennial of Naval Aviation celebration.
Blue Angels will perform at the Fort Worth Alliance Air Show in October 2010, AND at the JRB Fort Worth Air Show in April 2011.
The date is TBD.
Navy Week is coming to Dallas-Ft.Worth October 25th to the 31st!
To give you a little background on Navy Weeks, they are set up by the US Navy with the intent to reach out to cities all over the nation and give residents a chance to learn about the Navy. To allow people a good look into the diverse roles available in the Navy, these weeklong celebrations can include:
- Performances by the Navy Leap Frog Parachute Team and the Blue Angels
- Dive demonstrations and dive tanks
- SEAL fitness challenges
- Navy rock and ceremonial bands
- Flight and other interactive simulators
- Appearances by Admirals, divers and sailors
- Community service projects
- Events with local sporting teams
- Much more!
N4M is not sponsoring this event, but if you're interested in coordinating something special with fellow N4M members, here are some Do's and Don'ts to keep in mind :)
DO get involved with Navy Weeks.
- You are encouraged to participate in Navy Week activities when appropriate.
- If you want to get involved with the Navy coordinators, your group should appoint a "spokesperson" to coordinate with the Navy. (This will alleviate multiple calls on the same topic.). The Navy Week points of contact can be found on www.navyweek.org. Go to the schedule and click on the city that you are interest in. The point of contact for that city's Navy Week will be listed.
DO NOT independently contact the flag officers or VIP participants involved in your town's Navy Week, but do work through the appointed Navy Week points of contact listed on www.navyweek.org
RSVP for Navy Week - Dallas-Ft. Worth, Texas to add comments!
Join Navy For Moms