Time: September 6, 2010 to September 12, 2010
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
City/Town: St. Louis
Website or Map: http://www.navyweek.org/stlou…
Event Type: navy, week
Organized By: Navy for Moms Admin
Latest Activity: Sep 10, 2010
Navy Week is coming to St. Louis September 6th to the 12th!
To give you a little background on Navy Weeks, they are set up by the US Navy with the intent to reach out to cities all over the nation and give residents a chance to learn about the Navy. To allow people a good look into the diverse roles available in the Navy, these weeklong celebrations can include:
- Performances by the Navy Leap Frog Parachute Team and the Blue Angels
- Dive demonstrations and dive tanks
- SEAL fitness challenges
- Navy rock and ceremonial bands
- Flight and other interactive simulators
- Appearances by Admirals, divers and sailors
- Community service projects
- Events with local sporting teams
- Much more!
N4M is not sponsoring this event, but if you're interested in coordinating something special with fellow N4M members, here are some Do's and Don'ts to keep in mind :)
DO get involved with Navy Weeks.
- You are encouraged to participate in Navy Week activities when appropriate.
- If you want to get involved with the Navy coordinators, your group should appoint a "spokesperson" to coordinate with the Navy. (This will alleviate multiple calls on the same topic.). The Navy Week points of contact can be found on www.navyweek.org. Go to the schedule and click on the city that you are interest in. The point of contact for that city's Navy Week will be listed.
DO NOT independently contact the flag officers or VIP participants involved in your town's Navy Week, but do work through the appointed Navy Week points of contact listed on www.navyweek.org
Navy Moms and Navy Dads, come out to Union Station on Thursday, 9/2 at 5pm for the FREE concert - Navy Band "Freedom" is playing, and I want all you Navy Moms to help me Welcome all of the New Navy Moms and Dads into our Navy Family! Their sons and daughters will be Enlisting on Friday, 9/3, and sending them off to RTC afterwards. Remember what it was like when YOUR Sailor left for Recruit Training Camp? Let's give them some encouragement and support!
RSVP for Navy Week - St. Louis, Missouri to add comments!
Join Navy For Moms