A COUPLE OF "DON'T FORGETS"
1. On a daily basis, check your page (MY PAGE on the above menu bar - people will post comments - if you don't check it - you'll never know)
2. On a daily basis, check your inbox (upper right, just underneath you name banner)
3. On a daily basis, check in with your groups.
4. Remember to keep you info about yourself and sailor in "public" places innocuous - no last names, specific home addresses, high schools. (OK with private messages with Friends)
5. Need something, use the SEARCH function in the BLOG or FORUM first before posting a new blog. Also check the discussion topics under each of your groups before posting new blog or forum discussion.
A lot has been written just about everything since Mar 2008 when N4M started. The Search function should be your best friend.
WANT TO CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFO ? Go to Settings (upper right, just underneath you name banner - USERNAME is your screen name - make sure that is NOT your real last name)
WANT TO DELETE SOMEONE FROM YOUR FRIEND LIST? Click on her photo (will take you to her page), click on Remove.
DON'T WANT TO GET ALL THOSE NOTIFICATIONS ON YOUR REGULAR EMAIL? Look for "Follow" or "Stop following" and click on your preference (usually just under the comment box)
INFORMATION LOOKS OLD AND NOT UPDATED? (thanks to deemedic) I just noticed that if you use Firefox and have it remember your active tabs it doesn't really refresh your page when you open Firefox each day, it just reloads from your cache. So I was missing stuff in my inbox and other notifications. So refresh your pages too ladies!! Same goes for Windows Explorer.