This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
I think it would be great to have a place to post requests, answers, or just general prayers for Class 281 or any pre-bud family. Everyone is Welcome!

Views: 281

Replies to This Discussion

Lord God, today I lift up all of the incredible young men in this Class. Everyone of them is a hero to us, and we know that You have a special place reserved for them in this journey. For each one testing to move on, for those on their way, for those who are waiting a bit more, I pray for strength, courage (which they have) and protection from You in the days and weeks to come. Protect them as they travel, make Your presence known to them. In the hour of their greatest challenge, give them Your extra push toward their goal. Be the wind beheath their wings.....
Lord God, thank you for all of the families represented here, and on the site. Thank for the love and support given here. Be present in every Navy moms heart during this holiday season. Refresh our sailors, both at home and abroad, give them your love, strength, and courage to do what is set before them. Set in their hearts and souls the knowledge that their service to this country is gold.

Thank you,
Amen
We'll add both of you to our prayers melbell.
Dear Lord, please put your hands on all the Trainees this day and every day, no matter if they DOR or not. Keep them healthy mind and body, and please give them the calmness to keep going. Let them rest when they need to and wake them refreshed with an attitude they can do this. In your name. AMEN

Also Lord: Give us moms and dads, girlfriends, wives, and all family relatives the strength to be able to hold them up and encourage them on. AMEN
I agree with you in prayer Rachel, and may tomorrow dawn bright for them, ready for the task at hand. May every loved one feel the peace that passes understanding as this day has arrived.
Dear Lord,
I agree in prayer with each parent, wife and girlfriend asking for your protection over the guys all throughout Indoc.
Please, let each one lay peacefully down to sleep tonight. Let them have a really good nights sleep, wake up in the morning feeling refreshed, full of energy, free from any aches or pains or sickness.
Let the boat crews truly come together as a unit, a family, trusting each other, building each other up, working together to be the very best they can be through you Lord.
Let each of them feel the support that their families and friends have for them.
Let each of them be calm and confident while performing their evolutions. Keep each of them free from harm all throughout each day.
Let them comprehend and retain each thing that is taught to them. So, they may have quick and easy remembrance of it when needed.
Please, help each of us back home be supportive of them and prayerful over them. Please, keep us as peaceful as possible while we await their phone calls each day.
Thank you for letting them grow into the men that they are today.
It's in Jesus' name I pray and claim these prayers. Amen!
I agree in prayer with each of you today for all our guys. Let each one be successful today and free from injury. Amen!
And Hooyah!
Dear God, I ask you to be close to each young man in this class. Make your powerful presence known to each one, whether he is awake or sleeping, on land or sea, in the program or out, well or injured. Bring your healing and strength to each one. You have the plan and we can only have faith in you that it will come to pass in its time.

Comfort these moms and dads as they wait and pray for their son, give them rest and peace knowing that you are there when they cannot be. Comfort those who have abruptly had to change their long work-for plans. Help them with the grieving process as they move from one longed-for path to another, still unseen. I also pray for each sailor and his family who has been through this challenge no matter what the outcome. Each are held close in my heart.

Thank you, and
Amen
What a nice prayer. You covered it all. Thanks you for your words.
I am adding my computer name of Ophelia to your list. I'm sure we are all saying prayers daily! Our ment need ll the prayers they an get!
I had forgotten we have this side bar for prayer. I would like to ask for prayer for my son for an injury and to pass a certain evolution. I don't want to give details but I will give a praise report when the answaered prayers come to pass. I am so thankful we can count on each other!
Heavenly Father,
Thank you for your Presence and your Power. We praise you for the strength you are giving us as Moms as we watch our "boys". GIve us the words of encouragement to offer when we hear from them whether it be daily or weekly. I come to you today to ask your blessing on the men of Class 281. Prepare their bodies as they sleep for the days ahead. Heal their aches, cuts, rashes, and other physical aliments. I pray that you will strengthen their bodies, minds, and souls for the road down which they are walking. You are the shield of strength that gets them through the day and we thank you for that. I know you are the Sheperd holding his staff as he climbs the mountain, and your staff is providing the strength, warmth and spirit that our boys need today. I thank you for that. I praise your for his determination, endurance and physical power, without your love and gifts, he wouldn't be where he is today. Support all these families and the men in combat today dear Father. In Christ's name we pray Amen.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service