This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Introduce yourself, we are getting so big! I can't keep up. As short or long as you'd like. I want to learn everyone's names and find out about your sailors - where they are going, what SHIP they are on, on base or on the seas, and what you hope to get out of this.

Views: 226

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

So glad that you found this group Toni. It will be a big help to you also.
Hi, I'm Ann. My son has just completed boot camp his PIR was 11/21 and he is now on his way to A school in GL and he will be a FC. That's all I know at this point. Looking forward to learning all about the career my son has chosen.
I am Irene, proud mom of Paul, who PIR'ed 11/21. We live in Arlington, TX, between Dallas and Fort Worth. I have been married to the most wonderful man for a little over a year. Paul is my only son, but my husband has a son who is also 20 and is in the Air Force, stationed at Beale AFB in Ca, and a daughter, 18, who has just moved in with us to go to college. Paul's PIR was one of my proudest moments ever. He was so grown up and so handsome in those dress blues. He is going to A school to be an FC, but has been on hold since PIR. I guess with the holiday week, they have just had liberty most of the time, but I am sure will start doing something on Monday. He sent me an address, but it doesn't have a ship name, but he said he is with most of the guys from his boot camp division, so I suppose they will move him again at some point. Paul's grandfather was a Navy pilot in WWII, serving in the Pacific. He flew TBM/F Avengers. His dad and his uncle were both in the Navy. His dad was a corpsman, and spent most of his time with the Marines. But, he only did his 4 years, then got out. Back then, it was hard for corpsmen who were attached to the Marines to get back to the Navy and he didn't want to stay with the Marines. Paul was very excited about joining and is hoping for a long Naval career. I learned so much from the Boot Camp sites, and now am hoping to learn all there is to know from you all.
Welcome Irene, my son PIR'd in August and is in A school for FC. There is an FC group you should join.
Toni, all of the FCs and ETs go thru Indoc and SCC (basic seamanship classes) so those are probably the classes that he is going thru right now. I'm glad that he is able to get some of those classes out of the way instead of being on hold. Then he will go to to ATT which is self-paced, if he is going to be an FC, he will do about half of the ATT program and then go to A school and finish ATT after his A school.
Hi, my name is Bethany - and my daughter is Nina. She is just about finished with all of her schooling and is expected to visit home briefly in January 09 on her way to Sasebo Japan. I will miss her terribly. It's been great talking with her daily via cell phone while she's been in Norfolk, VA. She will be assigend to the USS Harper's Ferry (anyone know of this boat?). I'm so nervous I can hardly sit. She joined in 2007 right after high school graduation and has been in boot-camp and schooling ever since. Currently she is ET-3 (still learning the Navy lingo - we're actually an army family); I believe that is E-4. We're all so proud of her. Her joining the Navy was a complete surprise for us. Nina did very well in high school and visited several colleges (community, university and some private) before deciding the Navy was what she wanted to do. We support her decision, both heart and soul and stand by her all the way. Does anyone know what it takes to start the process to visit overseas? Thanks for everything.
ET3 is indeed an E-4.

Do you have a passport? That's step one! Wait until she reports to her ship before making any plans, let her find out what their operational tempo will be like.

She sounds like a fine sailor!
Reminds me of my brother's Navy days Toni, I clearly remember my mom telling him as he was heading out the door for boot camp, whatever you do...DON"T get a tattoo!!! Bet I don't need to tell ya...the first thing he did when he got liberty was get a big ole' tattoo on his upper arm!

My hubby made it 10 years without getting one, I can't/won't tell my son what to do -- he's 21 now but can't help but be a tad happy that he has made it thru 10 months at GL and ...no tattoos as of yet.
Aw Laura, we love new moms here - it gives us a chance to relive it all over again!!!

AECF is definitely Advanced Electronics Computer Field which means your son will be either an ET or an FC. Both are great rates and have lots of schooling on the front end. Usually about the 3rd week of boot camp, he will meet with a classifier and depending on the needs of the Navy, he will be told he is an ET or an FC. Upon completion of boot camp, he will move to the "other side" of the base for A school. A school for this program is self-paced computer programs. He can expect it to take 5 - 8 months to graduate from A school depending on how fast he moves thru it. If he is an FC, he will get orders to C school which can be another 3 -10 months, the time and location will be based on which systems he gets orders for.

If he is an ET, he could get multiple C schools but I believe they are shorter in duration and they also get orders to the fleet with those C school orders. Their C schools are not located in Great Lakes.

Our son graduated this past Friday as an FC and his father was an FC for 10 years as well so I'm alittle more comfortable with details on that rate but there is not much difference in their A school programs. Our son left for boot camp...last February. He will be heading to his C school in January.

I bet you are asking about PIR - which is Pass in Review, often referred to as GRADUATION for the new boot camp moms!!! Your son is getting ready to start a long but good journey and you will find a ton of great support here, please let us know what questions you may have along the way.
Hi Everyone! I'm Cathi and my son is Evan. He PIR'd back in 12/2006. He completed A School then went to Guantanimo Bay for year. He just completed C School (he's an FC) in October and is leaving tomorrow morning for Yokasuka Japan. I'm so glad that I found this group!!!
Hi Cathi - welcome - I'm pretty sure our son's were in A-school together; mine PIR'd Jan '07.
My name is Melissa (Mel). My son is Lee, he PIR'd on 12/5. He is FC, he is in GL until Fri and will come home for 2 weeks. Then back to GL for A-school.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service