This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

I didn't hear from my SR any word on her A school orders. She'll be going to corpsman training. Her recruiter told her she'd go to GL (even though a few weeks before she left, he told her it might be San Antonio). I'm hearing thru N4M, that they're sending all corpsman to SA now. Either way- does anyone know how long we'll have with our SRs after PIR? 

Besides that, I thought a discussion group of us with corpsman can share any info we get on that anyway. Come join in!

Views: 1402

Replies to This Discussion

Kitty, I am so sorry for your loss.  That pain is so intense.  I still have a fairly estranged relationship with my oldest son.  My SR is the next one after him.  It is so nice to know that someone truly understands and has navigated these stormy seas and come out triumphant.  Letting go and letting God take control is so hard.  Your last post was abslutely heavensent.  I have been wrestling with such a great fear of my nest being empty and it isn't even empty yet, and right in front of me is the testimonial that I need to see that it will be okay, even all on my own.  Thanks you so much!

I agree wholeheartedly with you teach.  There are so many angels on this site.  True instruments in His hands. 

I bought this book I need to read about letting God take control...I'm such a control freak and a planner, that it is something that I struggle with. But it is also very important to our mental, physical, and emotional health. Good thing we have each other, too! You all are such wonderful mothers. Your sons and daughters are so blessed.
Hey ladies - hadn't been on this chat for awhile..I liked what you all said about seeing your SRs again..Its also my husband thats in the Navy and this is the longest we've ever been apart. Last week he told me his current weight which is WAYY down from before.. I'm currently 32 weeks pregnant so you can imagine WAYY bigger than when he left ;) so that'll be interesting haha.. I'm most anxious about our 2 1/2 yr old son - how HE's going to react - we look at pictures of Daddy daily but 8 weeks is a long time in a kids world... My hubby is soo excited to see him- i'm just praying that our son isn't afraid or nervous to go to him, ya know? We only have Friday I'm assuming so not much time to warm back up to him! Oh well - no matter what I cannot wait to see him!
Yenni, my son who is now my SR was 20 months old the first time my husband went on a deplyment for six weeks. The minute he saw his dad walk off the ship he knew exactly who he was and in his daddy's arms as fast as he could get to him. I know one day isn't much, but I pray that it will be great for you. It will be a little different because when your husband left he didn't wear a uniform like my husband did, so I hope it goes smooth. Best of luck & God will be there with you.

Thank you KittyS.... I kind of understand, I was completely blessed to give birth to a wonderful boy, and then gave him up for addoption as I was 17, 20 years later, he wrote me a letter and told me thank you. He told me that he was in the Air Force and that he was doing good and that he would like to get to know me. Long story short, we, by the hand of GOD have a wonderful relationship. I was so scared to meet him, but now he calls me and checks on me, we are very close and he has good relationship with my two children and my husband. He is proud of his brother for joining the Navy and of his sister who excells in school and plans to go to college on the Navy's dime. I can see how being apart from my SR now will be similar to how that felt when I see him again. The bond I have with my boys are different due to the background, but like you said they are our son's/daughters and will always be. Just reading his letters makes me swell up with pride at the growth in him and him understanding the way we raised him. I see a lot of his Dad's leadership method in him. He is making some major decisions taking control of his own life and all I can do is smile.

God doesn't give us any more than we can handle. We are now Navy Moms, we can handle this!

KittyS~Unless you have been in that situation you don't understand how painful the decision is. I know how hard it is to make the decision to do what we think is best for our children even though it rips our heart out. I also understand someone telling them that they were't wanted, yes his addoptive mom did that, I thank God everyday that he saw through it all and that he wanted the truth. I woke up this morning to a facebook request listing me as his mother(her too, but I'll take it). You will continue to be in my prayers. I'm not quite empty nested yet. Our daughter has one more year of High School & I have two and a half years of school, then trust me my husband and I have big plans to travel and spend time with our kids and grandkids. My oldest son is expecting our first granddaughter any day. I hope and pray that your son comes around and understands that what you did you thought was for the best at that time.

Blessings to you all! One week, we can make it:)

Wow ladies!  I had no idea that I would find such understanding.  I often feel like I am on the outside looking on to a lives that seem to work so much better than mine did.  It is a wonderful thing to see such hope and success from both of you.  I am so scared to be alone when my children go.  Perhaps someday I will have a partner, but thus far, I have been unsuccessful in that department.  Thank you so much for sharing your stories and lending such encouragement.

I actually got on here this morning to drop a note for Yenni.  I was private chatting with another corpsman mother last night for a few minutes and she said that corpsman school is only 13 weeks and that you can talk to your sailor every day during it.  I wanted so much to be able to give you encouragement last night, but it was out of my realm.  Then when I woke up this morning and thought of that chat I realized that just being able to talk or skype with his daddy will make a huge difference for your 2.5-year-old.  Even if the PIR experience is a little awkward, he won't have to go without contact any more after that.  :)

thank you girlsyk! I'm so relieved to knw that..i think it'll be good..we got to talk to my hubby today for an hour which was awesome! And we did get a laptop for him that has a built in webcam and we have one at our house as well so we'll definitely be skyping all the time!!

We have all been blessed in one way or another. Not every situation is going to work out like we want it to, but if we keep faith that God will see us through our journey we will make it. There is a bond between us now that will be there forever, not only that we are all Navy Moms, but that we share much more. We will always be a fingertip length away from each other.

Kitty~I pray that someday your kids will understand the choice you made was not because you didn't love them, but that you loved them so much you did what you thought was right at the time.

Girlsyk~ You will make it just fine with your kids out on their own. They will still need you and you are strong and have a lot of support, life isn't always easy, but we make it work out to the best of our ability.

My husband, daughter & I are going to visit our son while his is in A school. We are excited for him and look forward to seeing what decisions he makes for himself. He told us in his last letter he was thinking about trying to get orders to Japan, the funny thing is I always knew my daughter would want to go back there since she was born there, but I thought he would want to go to Europe.  I just can't wait to see what the next chapter brings.

I am always here when you feel like you need to talk. Ok will sometimes I have to go to class & have homework, but well you know what I mean. lol.  We will all find the strength we need to make it through this journey.

Kitty~ just had a wonderful phone call from my Sailor. He sounded great, we managed to conference in my daughter from school & my husband from work. He said that all but one guy in his div passed. Also that he just ate at Taco Bell and all I can say is I'm glad the Navy has to feed him now:) That boy put away a lot of groceries. Blessings to you and your Sailor:)

It's so good to hear you all have sailors now!! Did anyone say any orders about A school have changed??? I'm still chanting and praying and visualizing a Sunday departure. Girls- the more I think about it, I don't think I want a charter flight after all. I want it all!! If it's a charter, we won't be able to hand off the backpack with the phone. I want my SR to have a phone to call me!! I don't know- I guess I'd take the stupid charter to get to see her an extra day. I'm not dealing with military life very well, am I? (It's obvious why I teach 2nd grade too. I have the stubbornness and mentality of a 7 yr old sometimes....)

Congrats to all your SAILORS!

Yes... my son told me the same thing when he phoned me.  He will be going to SA for his A-School as a corpsman as well.  I am glad to find out he is not the only one from his group going for that rating!! :)  It should be interesting and SA is very nice and rated on the top 5 for military retirement :).  See you on the 10th of June!!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service