This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Welcome to your division.

Views: 604

Replies to This Discussion

Im here too! - glad I found you.. been away for a few days spending quality time with my daughter....no phone calls for us, but I did receive my form letter and box on Monday - very happy day for us! - even got a note written on his sock, and yes, the smelly, stinky sock is hanging on my fridge :)
Too funny pmgcakes...what a great idea! I searched everything for a note...nothing :( !
Patty, that is just too funny. haha. But I would do the same thing. My note was on the box so I guess I could cut the box and hang my note there too. Nice idea, really. Hugs. K
sock on fridge - - LOL moment!! Thanks! I would have done the same thing! Monday was when we got our box and form letter also.
on the sock! how cute; love it. A's socks and underwear didn't make the box! maybe he threw the socks out to save us! his feet can get pretty stinky!
Hello Ladies , What a great night I had - my home has been so quite since S left so I decided to invite over his 3 BFF's, his GF, my daughter and her friend, We order Pizza and spent 3 hours writing a 4 page, 55 questionaire letter, laughing, telling funny stories and talking about S and catching up with them on the last 10 days that I havent seen them, it was great :).. we asked him so many different type of questions, some problaby not the most PC, but hey, they are 16 to 21 yrs old. It was so much fun and I know S will be happy when he gets the letter.
ANOTHER Great idea pmgcakes :)...I am having 3 of his closest friends over for Sunday dinner. I was just going to take pictures to send him...but the questionnaire sounds like a great idea (can I use it)? I was so happy to hear the guys that are graduating December 17th will be allowed to come home for Christmas Leave prior to leaving for A School...Made my day!!!
What a great idea Patti - all of A's buddies at at college or working out of state, but his work buddies are still here. A worked at a pizza place. Maybe I'll go in and take blank paper and have them all write a little something. Much more fun than getting a letter from Mom!
OK...need some advise here guys! I got a phone call home from my son today to inform us of the "holiday" leave! What should have been a joyous conversation, it wasn't... My son is VERY FRUSTRATED because he is in with a group of guys that seem to think this is like High School and that it is a joke, and they need to go back a few grade levels! He has done 3 days of "IT" (Intense training) already because 2 can't get it in there head that they cannot talk during "Chow"...and once because a recruits shoe came untied (that was BAD ENOUGH) but then the recruit mouthed off to the person in charge...and they ALL got in trouble...more IT and they loss a 'mail delivery day!" because of it!!!! Have to tell you that upsets me too!!! I tried my best to encourage him, to do HIS best...and that others would see him rising above it, but that didn't seem to help...he just told me "Mom, I do, but you don't understand!" He doesn't think he will graduate on time do to his whole team holding him back...when he tries to tell them 'just do what your told' they tell him to "shut the F--- Up!" Any advice from anyone that has been through this??? Also, can anyone tell me why the recruits are not allowed to drive wile on leave? I forgot to ask my son when he was on the phone! OK, I think I am done with my frustration for the night...thanks for listening!!! Anyone else from Ship 03 Div 024 PIR 12-17 get a call home today??

Thanks for listening!

Cindy
Hey Cindy, when I spoke to my son yesterday I asked him if he was given any responsibilities, he said that he was asked but declined, I was so surprised, I didnt know that you could do that, he went on to say pretty much the same as your son, S said that he has seen SR being punished for other SR not doing what they were told. I agree with you it was definately frustrating for S, But I didnt get the impression that it would hold the group back from graduation. they are still learning how to work as a team, and hopefully over the next week or so - things will change. in regards to driving - they have Liberty and Leave - I think liberty is when they cant drive ie: weekend after PIR..
Cindy / Patty: A shared the same information with his GF - very frustrated. Not anything WE can do. The 024 DIV is a team and part of their education is learning how to work together. I understand one fellow SR got right up in my son's face as he and other SR's are taking things more seriously. I'm sure there is a wide range in maturity; ages ranging from 18 to mid to late 20's so expect there is a gap. They will get there; they have to. A didn't sound overly frustrated but did mention it. Hang in there Cindy! This is 2nd hand information - I didn't hear it directly. L
Thanks Guys!!!! One day at a time, I will pray the others pull it together soon! I agree with the 'age gap" thing...also as my son said its a "mental gap" too. I thought they segregated recruits that were not quite at the mental capability as the norm...and helped them out with different training for a week or two first??? Oh well, nothing I can do but encourage him!!

Thanks again all for listening!!!!

Cindy

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service