This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
I thought it would be nice to start a discussion for our children leaving the week of October 25th 2010.  Welcome everyone.  Kathy   

Views: 1563

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Kathy, my son is leaving for bootcamp Oct. 26, 2010. It is a bittersweet time for us.
Joseph'smom, It is so nice to see you here. Yes, it is hard for all of us right now but everyone here is going through the same thing and the support here is overwhelming. I am so happy you are here to share this exciting but stressful experience with us. Thank your son for his service for me. I am so proud of all of these young people who are leaving to serve their country. Hugs, and know we are all here for you. Kathy
Kathy, thanks a million, and I will definitely tell my son about your kind words.

Kim
Joesph'smom, this is a very hard time, but with our prayers and support you can get through it. We are all so proud of our sons. Susan
Hi...I've been reading the posts and my heart is breaking, selling car, mowing the lawn in the rain, dad's giving up their watch, getting wallets ready...I feel the RAOC on every post. Its so amazing to me that we are all so far away from each other but our hearts are together as one, we all feel the same sense of pride but the deep sadness that goes with this new journey. Sometimes I wonder if I'm really gonna be ok it just doesn't feel that way now, I know we will all get stronger as the new part of our life begins for us and our children, this is my first child leaving home and something I've never experienced so maybe that is why I feel the way I do, I know its all a part of the cycle of life but I look at some of the baby pictures I have of Taylor and I think how did this happen did I just blink and everything went into fastforward. I really wanted to spend time with Taylor this last weekend and of course, he had a different agenda with spending every waking moment with his friends, it sort of hurt my feelings, ok it really hurt my feelings, maybe he knows I will always be there but who knows about his friends and when he will see or talk to them again. I just want to scream at him and say I'm gonna miss you way more then they will, but of course that is me being selfish and crazy....ok enough with my pity party, I'll get through this I have faith in myself, sorry to be such a crybaby.
Ok, to everyone starting their process of leaving today, good luck, stay strong and you are in my thoughts and prayers :o)
Elizabeth
Elizabeth, it is going to be okay. As mothers, we are allowed to have a pity party every now and then. I think our young men aer trying to separate themselves mentally from us, feeling it will make it better when they ship out. My son is 25 years old, married and lives in another from me, still, I know I will miss him as I am arleady missing him, justing thinking that tomorrow will be the last time I see him for a couple of months. Again, it is okay for us to have a pity party as long as we are strong for them during bootcamp. I have 2 children and Joseph is my baby, and we talk on the phone every single day and for the last 3 weeks, he has surprised me and visited me at work at least 2-3 times per week. Our little men deal with leaving in different ways. But in any event, he will come out of bootcamp and look for you as you will be the only constant person cheering him on while he is bootcamp. You will be in my prayers, and remember, if they are willing to make the committment, we can support them and bring them bootcamp.

Kim
Have a great time tonight Betsy. Thinking of you :) Susan
Hi Friends, I survived and I didn't cry though my eyes are all swollen from earlier today. It was very nice. All of the parents there were in chairs and the recruiter explained everything that would be happening today and tomorrow. He tried to let us know our children would be ok and well taken care of. We could ask questions and I mentioned to the mothers about NFM's and that reminded the recruiter to mention it too. lol. Everyone took pictures and I grabbed a "Proud Parent of a Sailor" sticker to put on the car in 8 weeks. Brandon was so at ease it made me feel good. The other recruits were nice and there was one girl that was 18 and very sweet and chatty. All the recruits talked about taking copies of everything to study. The recruiter gave us all his card and said he would probably know an address in three or four days and to call him. There were 4 recruits there including Brandon. One recruit had no parents with him and it was sad. He probably forgot to tell them there would be a meeting with parents before he left and his parents just dropped him off. Brandon told us about the meeting in the car on the way there. My husband got the phone cards this morning and he is now all set. 1200 minutes. lol. There was a two for one deal. I want to thank all of you for all your prayers, thoughts, and comfort. You are just wonderful. "HUGS". I will be thinking of all of you tomorrow and the rest of the week when everyone leaves an wishing everyone the best. I love you guys. I don't think it has sunk in yet that I won't see him for 8 weeks and maybe that is a blessing right now. Kathy
Thinking of you Kathy. I'm glad it went well. I am leaving now to take Drew. Susan
I think Drew's phone card is for a cell phone! Crap!! I will have to hit Walmart on the way to the recruiter. My 17 year old just showed me that she has a white spot on her tonsil. I can't believe this timing. With my husband out of town this is crazy and I have to be back at the softball field by 3pm for my other daughters game. I guess we will hit urgent care tonight since I wont be able to get her to the Dr tomorrow. Doesn't the world know it has to stop revolving because my Drew is leaving? :( Susan
Susan, ((hugs))

Take a breathe, you will be able to get through today. ((hugs)) again.

I hope your daughter is ok and that a quick dose of antibiotics takes care of it.

Betsy
Wendi,

The tweety bird made me smile. That is so like a teen girl. lol

((hugs)))

Betsy

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service