This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
I thought it would be nice to start a discussion for our children leaving the week of October 25th 2010.  Welcome everyone.  Kathy   

Views: 1578

Replies to This Discussion

Donna, Hugs and I will be praying that everything works out today. Kathy
Good early morning to all! Coffee and real dark outside but I have to be to work at 8. My thoughts and prayers go out to the mom's still waiting. I was so surprised that Sean got in last night. he called a few minutes before 10PM MST. I don't even think we were on the phone more than 5 sec. "I'm here at BC. I'm good. Contact you in 3 weeks. Gotta go bye!!!" That was it! Wanted to talk a little longer but he was gone. We raise our children to take flight and when they do we want to clip their wings. Please remember that this is what we want for them and I believe what God wants. Soar on wings like an Eagle!! Let's celebrate together our children taking flight. For me and my son it has been a long time coming. The house feels good. A right feeling. This is a good thing.
Am I making any sense this early morning? Love to you and I'll keep checking to make sure all our "Eagles" have landed safely.
You summed up all of my thoughts beautifully here! Prayers for Sean!...and you!
Penny
Phoebe,

I'm so glad that you heard from Sean. I know how much you wanted to keep him on the phone. It just seemed like a blink of eye and that call was finished.

That makes perfect sense. I told my husband that the minute I saw Adam at MEPS the morning after we dropped him at the hotel, he looked sooooo ready. That helped me so much. I know that our children are on the road to an adventure of their lifetime. To be so young and to know what they will be doing for the next fours, or maybe even more, is such an awesome thing. We are all so proud of each and every child on here, and especially all the moms, for being so strong and giving them their support. ((hugs))

I. myself, feel privileged to belong to such a special group.

Betsy
We were talking about Heidi last night in our house...praying for her...and of course you too! I don't want to cry because I don't want the looks people give me when they see the swollen eyes, but on the other hand, I'm getting these crazy headaches from holding it all in! UGH! Just praying for strength right now! I don't want Nick to think I'm upset. Penny
Oh Wendi, you summed up my thoughts exactly. Sleeping, warm and scared. What I worry about the most. RAOC Susan
I dreamt last night of tornadoes and trying to keep my family safe...hmmm... I woke this am thinking of all the sons and daughters who were in route and praying that they arrived. Was glad to read this am that some of you got your call last night/or this am. We head down today...flight tomorrow. Penny
Penny, Hugs and I will be praying for you today and tomorrow. I think you may be the only mom whose child leaves tomorrow that I know of here. I am pretty certain everyone leaving this week will be in the same PIR group. Make lots of good memories today and tomorrow if you are able to go to the swearing in. If he has a cell phone beg him to take it and call you along the way. My son didn't take his but I enjoyed everyone getting phone calls about meeting other recruits and eating together. I was also sad and anxious before he left but something happened to me when I took him to the recruiters office. I saw the way he was with the other deppers leaving and he seemed to fit right in. It was really a joyous occasion and I felt so good suddenly and so proud of him and the group leaving. Yes, I still wipe off a few tears especially when I am wondering if he is being yelled at or getting sick from the ricky crud but overall I am ok. I am writing a continuous letter and hopefully I will know where to mail it tomorrow. I am sending a letter and a halloween card which I know will be late but... I will be thinking of you and your family and sending good thoughts your way. Hugs. Kathy
Hi to all,
I was able to talk to TJ for a while yesterday eve. He went to MEPS yesterday morning and they put him up in a suite where his best buddy that is going to test and sign up for the Marines was able to stay the night with him. It was so Ironic that his friend was going to MEPS at the same time, so you can imagine my joy knowing that my son had company for his last night before he flys out. He told me the hotel in Jacksonville is amazing they even have a room set up for them where they can play XBOX and Playstation to pass the time, and I forgot to mention that he had a Steak dinner at Omaha Steaks right next door last night too.
He is at the MEPS station now swearing in and then he will shuttle with the other Navy recruits to the Airport and fly sometime today. I hope to talk to him one more time before he gets to Great Lakes.
He sounded so happy on the phone last night and mentioned he already made a few friends with some other recruits that were going to attend A school in Pensacola where he will be going after BC if all goes well. I am soo relieved. I think I will be ok when I get the call. What will get me is not being able to call him on his birthday. He will turn 19 on the 22nd of November but for now I can't dwell on that..
Good luck to you all and safe travels for our young men and women, god Bless!!
Stacey
Stacy, It sounds like TJ had a wonderful time last night and unexpected, Right? I am glad they made his delay easier to get through. By the 19th he many be able to call you and that would be a great surprise. Hugs, and I will be here tonight hoping to hear about all those much needed calls. Kathy
It was soo nice to hear him so happy and excited. I hope that mood continues for him, but something tells me he will have a down moment or two. I guess that is to be expected. Anyways, thanks for mentioning the 19th, that will give me something to focus on.

Have agood day and ((hugs)) to those still waiting to hear.
Stacey
Thanks, I hope he does get to call me today too. I have to work tonight until about midnight but will have my phone on me. I hope I don't miss him.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service