This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
I thought it would be nice to start a discussion for our children leaving the week of October 25th 2010.  Welcome everyone.  Kathy   

Views: 1554

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Betsy, I got to go to church so I can't stay long but wanted to say what a great idea with the TIVO. Also I cry at the least thing lately so you just made me cry some more. lol. Brandon got back from San Antonio a couple of hours ago and he looked great. Had a good time. Jessica did a link to the PIR 12-3-10. Have a good evening. Kathy
Susan,

What a great day for you and your family. I love the name of that restaurant. That's so awesome that Drew has such a great relationship with your daughter.

That is really good that Drew has no doubts about his decision. He sounds really mature and I'm sure that will help him get through boot camp. I do believe that they will all get used to the yelling faster than they think they will. A friend's son is in boot camp for the Marine's right now, and he actually told her that the yelling wasn't really so bad. I would think the Marines would yell even louder and more often, so maybe the Navy won't be so bad.

Betsy
Oh, Susan, I told Brandon what your husband said. He thought it was funny. Permission to think. ha ha. Also my son assured me that he is doing what he needs to do. He told me when he swears in next Monday it will be a rerun of what he has already told God. He said in his heart he is already in the Navy. I am glad that he is so sure he is doing the right thing. RAOC. Kathy
I love that Kathy! Our boys are so special. To make a committment like this and to not have any doubts is such a blessing. The Lord has given me peace in my heart about it since he said that to me yesterday. When I told him he could back out I guess I just wanted to make sure that he knew what he was doing. I read on that PIR link that someone posted that one of the ladies sons had a panic attack and was going to be sent home. I talked to Drew about that as well. I told him that if something happens like he gets hurt or really sick and has to come home that its not the end of the world. He looked at me and said "I know Mom. The Navy wasn't my only option, it is just the option that I picked and the option that I really want to work out. If something happens I will be sad but I will come home and we will go from there." So twice in one day I learned what an amazing young man my son is. Susan
hi Susan-
It sounds like you had a great time. I also thought the same thing all day yesterday, realizing it was our last Sunday with Ashleigh.
I'm gonna have tell Ash about the "permission to think sir" thing. She'll like that.
I find I keep it together pretty well until someone says," how are you doing?" or asks questions about when she's leaving. Then I can feel it rising in my throat.
I just noticed that you are all from Hickory! My preacher is from Hickory and his parents still live there. His name is Jeff Long, ever hear of him?
Jeanne
Susan, I'm not sure what church Jeff did attend but he is preaching at Parkwood Baptist in Gastonia. I am an art/music teacher at a Christian school here in town.
I'm also really glad that Drew and Ashleigh have each other to sit by. We are going to try to have dinner
with her on Sunday night while she's at MEPS. Depending on the time of swearing in we will be there. I have a class to teach at 1:00. So, at this point I don't know. My son and his wife life at Le Juene and should be there for another 3 years. Ash signed up for 5 years. Who know where they will be sent? I hope not on a ship. What is Drew's job that he signed up for? Ash is doing medical. Jeanne
Hi Wendi, I haven't started the books yet. I want to wait until Brandon leaves. I have H, C, and C and Letters from Bootcamp but need to get the When the Eagle invades the Nest. I agree this will be a hard week. Enjoy the time with Heidi. Kathy
Hi All,
Been gone (had a great time last night), back now reading through all of your comments from the last couple of days. All I can say is WOW... you are an amazing group of women and I am so glad I know you all. You have given me support and made me feel like I am not crazy, and you have gone through all the stages of this process with me. I cannot even begin to express how thrilled I am that we have each other for this coming week, cuz I think it's gonna be a doozy!!

Lori-looked in on your pictures and put a comment there. The party looked awesome and I will choose someone to be in charge of photos this next weekend. Thanks for the tip!

Betsy-extra prayers coming your way. I'm sure that Adam with have an awesome time. I would worry too!!

Susan-How wonderful to have a day with your family. I too LOVE the name of the restaurant. Have to say it sounds like it should be in CA, but I have never heard of that chain.

Wendi-I think that we are all in shock that time is going so quickly. Glad we can check in here every evening.

Stacey-I know this is late, but welcome to our group. My son is going in on the 27th too. Our kids may even be in the same division. wow!!

Which reminds me...do we know the EXACT day each of our kids will get there...like I know Ian arrives on the 27th, maybe we should make a list so we can see how close they really are. It seems as if everyone is saying the 26th or 27th and I have not noticed anyone here mentioning dates later than the 27th. I could be wrong..do we want to compare dates?

Going to bed now...Giants had an ugly loss...and it's late. Everyone have a great day tomorrow!!
Nancy
Hi Nancy, Thanks for the welcome.
Nancy, Mellow Mushroom does sound like it came out of CA! It actually started in GA and we used to go to it when we lived in Jacksonville, FL. Its a great pizza place and all the pizzas are freshly baked on a hearth. I recommend it to anyone who loves pizza :) Susan
Welcome to the group Wendi! This is an amazing group of ladies and they have really helped me since I joined!! I ordered my books and they should probably be in this weekend. I decided to wait until he left to get them so I can cry in peace :) Susan
Wendi,

I haven't started the books yet, but I can't wait to read them.

This week is definetely going to be the worst, I think. ((hugs)) to you.

Betsy

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service