This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Latest Activity

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
I thought it would be nice to start a discussion for our children leaving the week of October 25th 2010.  Welcome everyone.  Kathy   

Views: 1549

Replies to This Discussion

Sunny, Thank you for the info. I think I will talk to my girls and see what they think then I will call airport and see what they tell me. Also, thanks for encouraging us. As you can tell, some of us are starting to lose it (Some of us has already lost it, LOL). It's so nice to hear from someone who is coming out of the no communication timeframe! Susan
Lori, thank you for the info about the laminated addresses. I will do that today. Also the facebook info is also wonderful. Though I have never signed on to my acount because my computer died and the password wouln't work (long story), I am willing to attempt it again and try to get a new account so his friends can look at updates. B could put a link there on his site.

Sunny, thank you for giving us your support. It means a lot. That was good info regarding the airport. Did it really take 6 hours before they left from there? Were there a lot of recruits leaving? So much to think about. I have been reading about other moms with kids leaving and I never realized how difficult this would be. I am glad you are getting letters now and good luck to you and your son. I still can't believe mine will be there Monday. Have a good day.

Betsy, my heart goes out to you. It must be so hard doing everything without hubby there. I also understand about being tired from work. I am here for you as well as everyone else so any time you want to vent go for it. I think we should all write our user name on that little address card we stick in their wallet and at least the kids will know it and the kids can find out who we are by that. If they are in the same division they will know who goes where to A school and compare notes. Who knows what will happen. 6 to 10 divisons and about 80 to 100 in each. 1 performance divison. I guess we will know in about a week. I also wanted to say B changed his mind and doesn't want any family at mpes when he leaves. It hurts my heart but he has his reasons and I need to respect that. I think he is afraid he will break down and he hates awkward situations like that. He did say if I really needed to go it would be ok but I know he really doesn't want anyone there. I can't say RAOC because it is not random right now.

Hugs to you. Kathy
Additional Airport Tips!!!

1. It's worth a phone call to the airport to double check, most allow it but not all do.
2. TAKE PHOTO ID! Drivers license, or school ID if you have a student under 16. They won't issue a pass without one.
3. Your recruit will need to be with you at the airline check-in for you to get your non-flight boarding pass. If they've already gone through security, call them on their cell phone and have them come back out and meet you at the airline check-in. They have a boarding pass so can go in and out of security as many times as they need/want to.

This is a picture of my recruit Meaghan and all my "adopted" recruits!

Sunny-Gorgeous picture...and nice that you were there to get it. This is why I would like to go. I will call the airport. Is there anywhere in particular that you need to call? Security? Again, can't tell you how much your contact means to us as we are in a nebulous "not knowing" zone and it is a tough place to be.

Glad you are getting letters, that seems like it is pretty quick!! Again, excellent to know that there is a light at the end of this tunnel!!
Nancy
No problem Nancy! Just my way of "paying it forward"! Yes, call the airport - not a specific airline - when I called I ended up hitting 0# to talk to an operator because I didn't know who to talk to; go figure she knew the answer to my question! But if I had to make a guess, if they give you an option in the phone tree you can give it a shot - I get frustrated having to leave a messange and "hope" that someone calls me back so I took the impatient route LOL!
Thanks Betsy! That's too funny about the general orders - I helped quiz the kids on them for a good deal of time we were there! My daughter is in the middle (of the other two girls).
Sonny - thank you for sharing this with us; you are an experienced mom. This is so thoughtful of you. Your daughter looks great and so nice of you to be there for the rest of the "kids." :-) Lori
Sunny, what a great picture. Aaaah. They look so happy.

Betsy, B just said he got his "Proverbs and Psalms" book at Mpes when he was there. They have lots in the waiting room, lobby, tv room. Just wanted to let you know.

Susan, It is amazing how patient we can be with our husbands and then we explode. lol. I must pray 30 times a day for patience and peace.

Have a good day. Kathy
hello ladies;
I have a question.....does anyone know if the boys and girls have their graduation in different buildings?
Jeanne
I don't know for sure, but I would assume that they all graduate in the same building?

Betsy
All Divisons graduate in the same building! There's a picture of what the inside of the building in the link attached!

http://www1.netc.navy.mil/nstc/rtcgl/upcoming_grads.asp
thanks ladies. When my son graduated the Marine's, men and women were seperated because the building could not hold all of them.
Ashleigh will be going to school right there at Great Lakes after boot camp. She will be there for 6 months.
Is anyone else staying there?

Sunny, tell me about your daughter. did she already go to boot camp and where is she?
Jeanne

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service