This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Just got my letter, no box yet though-anybody else?

Views: 396

Replies to This Discussion

Hi ladies, as I posted earlier I did get a phone call from my son today. I wanted to let all of you know that I sent my son a phone card today. I read somewhere on N4M about sending these, they said it was a good idea because the ones they get up there are expensive and not very many mins. It was also suggested that you activate it before sending so they don't have to because they do not get much time and you don't want them wasting time activating a card when they could be talking to you. I sent my son 500 mins. Just thought I would pass the info on.
Yippee yai yay! This was my lucky day, got a phone call AND 2 letters from my little girl!!! At first I almost broke down, she sounded like she wanted to cry, but then I made her laugh and we talked for almost 10 minutes before she had to go, it felt like only 10 seconds. She said she is doing well, passed her physical assessment and her written, and the only time she almost broke down was when they cut her hair-she said it looks like they put a salad bowl on her head and just trimmed around it. My daughter had these beautiful chestnut waves down the middle of her back, so I think it must have been pretty traumatizing to see it butchered, even though she had prepared herself for the length! Compared to that, she didn't even mind the wisdom tooth pulled and the peanut butter shot. Said the girls in her division are super nice ad definitely working together as a team, so thanks to all you moms out there with girls in Div 18, we did a good job raising splendid young women!!
For the Division shirts, there was a link Jennifer B posted on the bootcamps site, let me know if anyone needs me to find it. Each division designs their own tshirts, so its really special and would be fun to wear on their PIR!
yes i would like the link for the shirts. thank you!
Hi Jusme,
I couldn't find the link, but I have the order form in front of me with their email address (no website?). It is navytees@gmail.com, it is awesome since every division designs their own image which will be on the back, the front has US NAVY down the side. Love them, ordered for everyone coming for my daughter! Their phone number is 972 347 6655.
So happy we are all finally getting letters and phone calls. Somehow I missed my call yesterday. My phone showed no missed calls, but he called his dad and he relayed the call. Maybe he dialed wrong. Anyway he said he sounded a little homesick. Which I'm sure he is, he's never been far from home for this long. But he seems to be in good spirits, and looking forward to PIR. He said he will be carrying a flag, which I am so thankful for. So he will be a little easier to spot. He said there are around 90 in his div. and I think there are 11 divisions graduating that day. So hopefully there will be some extra seats, as I have a few extras that want to go. If they can't get in they are happy to just to get to see him while on liberty. I'm hoping he gets to call again soon!
Woo Hoo! We are getting to hear from our kids! My son got to call yesterday, it was great to hear his voice. He sounded so upbeat! He said he has the toughest 3 RDC's but is grateful because it will make him a better seaman. Now I can't wait for graduation. Thanks to all of you for getting m through that waiting time. We can get through the next month easily.
Hello Ladies, Well it's getting closer!. I am so anxious and excited. I received another letter and he even returned one of the questionaires. I thought he would find it corny, but he actually extended some the answers to the questions. lol. I felt he was more emotional in this letter, as he had gotten our mail since the last one. He expressed how much getting letters from home is what they look forward to most. So keep those letters going...even if you only have a few words to say. I haven't gotten to talk to him on the phone, but I can really tell the change in him thus far by how he writes things in his letters. He also talks about his RDC's, and how tough they are, but he says this is only a small part of the bigger picture. So that is what I hang on to, to get myself through the tough moments. This site as been a godsend for me, and I am thankful for you all everyday. God Bless.
I love the countdown clock, when I look at it, I realize how quickly the time really is going. I cannot wait to see my sailor and I know the PIR is going to be wonderful. My brother graduated BC Oct 89 in Great Lakes and I got to go and it was just so awesome. I am already making my list for packing, so very excited. I think this web site has helped me so much. I was just so relieved when I got on here and read all the other posts, it has made me feel like a part of something that I really needed. So thank you all and best wishes to all of you and your sailors.
does anyone know what liberty weekend is? Is that the weekend after graduation, or is it Thanksgiving weekend?
sorry, I dont know about that, but if I hear something from my son about it I will let you know
Cakemom our sailors will get liberty after PIR unless they are G&G. On Friday and Saturday they have to be back on base at 9:00 pm and 8:00 pm on Sunday as I understand it. Those times are strict not a second after so make sure your sailor is there well ahead of those times. In the last letter I got from my son he said that he had liberty on Thanksgiving from 8 to 8, and that he would be spending Thanksgiving with a ramdom family. I was so upset with him, we could have gone to Great Lakes and spent the day with him but, he told them that we would not be coming. We always spend Thanksgiving in St. Louis with family and he did not want us to change our plans. It's nice that he is so thoughtful but, I would rather be with him.
Thank you Pam! If they are not grad and go, does that mean they stay only the weekend and then leave for school Mon.? My daughter is going to Fla., although she didn't mention when. I don't blame you for being upset for missing the opportunity to be with your son, I'd give anything for a chance to see my girl but we live in HI and its a big expense to make it for PIR as it is ;( The bright side is look what an excellent young man your son is, I am sure he would rather be with you too, but to his credit he didn't want to put you out of your way and is willing to just put himself out there with strangers. And you know how hard communication is anyways... just remember, we are almost at the end here!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service