This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
Just got my letter, no box yet though-anybody else?

Views: 396

Replies to This Discussion

Are you going to go to the meet and greet? We are going to try but, not sure we will make it there in time. My son will also being staying at Great Lakes for his A School but, he is going for Gunners Mate.
we are staying at the Homewood suites in Lincolnshire
I changed my username and picture, according to one of the other groups we are not supposed to use our recruits name or picture because the RDC's occasionally look at this site. Not sure, but did not want to take any chances. So I was jakesmom (still am, lol), but now I am momclf.
I am so worried about my daughter, she said she broke her foot but doesn't want to go on medical leave, she wants to stick it out and see if she can make it to the end. I can't imagine the pain she's in, but she is determined to finsih on time. I feel so helpless!
Oh my gosh, that is just terrible. I will pray for her. Cant say that I blame her for not wanting to go on medical leave being so close and already having done so much. Just breathe mom, it will all work out.
I am so sorry for your daughter. But, haven been in the Army myself I know how she feels. I got mono in basic, and they wanted to send me home to recover and then come back to finish with a different group of people. I refused because you want to finish with the people you started with, there are friendships that have formed. The best thing you can do is to be supportive of her decision. Know that her making it through with this just shows how strong and determined she is. What a girl you have there. My prayers will be with her.
I got a phone call from my son today! He sounded so good and it was so great to hear his voice. He said they have live fire and gas chamber this week and that they probably would not be doing Battle Stations until the week of PIR.
My son called home today as well, of course we werent home. So instead of calling our cell phones he called his girlfriend...argghhhh. I still have not physically talked to him. He did tell his girlfriend that he has not gotten many of our letters and that he has written more than we have gotten. I will be so glad for Dec. 3, when I can see him.
Finally got to talk to my son on the phone. I can't tell you how excited and relieved to finally hear his voice after an entire month! He sounded great. He is also looking forward to live fire this week. He was moved from flag 5 to flag 4 for PIR due to height restrictions. lol. But he is so excited for PIR. He got to also help paint his division flag, which is great. He's an exceptional artist. And said he couldn't believe he would be drawing in bootcamp. He mentioned that he had already ordered me a division flag t-shirt. What a great kid! For all you moms who miss your phone calls, don't get discouraged. I missed my first one too..keep your chin up. He ran to the phone the next chance he had to call home. They do have so much going on, and are getting into the final weeks, where it is actually becoming fun for them. So don't be upset if they don't call very often.
Cakemom; I am keeping your daughter in my prayers. My son wrote me too about some injuries, and refused medical so he wouldn't be set back. I can't imagine what your feeling wanting to comfort her and can't. She must be a very strong girl to endure such pain and continue. So smile, you've raised her well.
Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers! I talked to her yesterday, did our division so something good to get these calls? I asked abouther foot, she said she made it through the second PFA believe it or not! She is in pain all the time, she said she is savingher pain pills for when they do PT and just working through it the rest of the time. I told her how proud I was, and even if she doesn't make it no one can say she didn't try!! I wll be bringing the costco sized box of tissues if she graduates 12/3, that's for sure! I asked her about battlestations, she said she didn't know when they will be doing it. If anyone hears anything specific let us know so we can burn those candles, although I might just starting burning a whole bunch now!!
Is anybody else's son/daughter going on to SERE training right after graduation? My son told me that he would be going and of all the things, it scares me a little. It was great talking with him though.
Woo Hoo girls, I got to talk to my recruit for the first time about 3 hours ago. He sounded really good, but he had so many questions, apparently we know more on here than they do about alot of things. He says to me "how do you know all this, that navy mom web site?". I got a chuckle out of that. I was explaining to him where to call when he becomes a sailor and he said to me, "we're allowed to call?". funny. Just thought I would share with you all, the time is almost here, yay. I cant wait to see all of our sailors.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service