This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Don't know why the description was deleted.  My computer has been behaving weirdly today.  But this is where we stand so far:

*Baltimore Orioles              Cheryl S.                     Received

Boston Red Sox                Donna                          Received

Chicao White Sox             Lauren                          Calling back

Cleveland Indians              Cheryl S.                       Received

Detroit Tigers                    Cheryl S.                       Received

Kansas City Royals          Donna                            Received

Los Angeles Angels          Vickie to contact.

Minnesota Twins               Donna                            Received.  Fun items thanks to Becky!!

New York Yankees                                                 Received

Oakland Athletics              Vickie to contact.

Seattle Mariners                Carol & Nancy                Has to be picked up.

Tampa Bay Rays               Dana                              Received

Texas Rangers                  Brenda Sue to contact

Toronto Blue Jays                                                   Seriously doubt they are going to come thru. 

*Arizona Diamondbacks     Donna                            Received

Atlanta Braves                   Donna                            Sending box to Susan in WA

Chicago Cubs                    Lauren                           Received

Cincinnati Reds                 Cheryl S.                        Received

Colorado Rockies                                                    Yes, called again

Florida Marlins                  Donna                             Received

Houston Astros                 Cheryl                            Yes, coming next week

LA Dodgers                       Vickie to contact

Milwaukee Brewers            Donna                            Yes, called x3

New York Mets                  Donna                            Received

Philadelphia Phillies           Donna                            Received

Pittsburgh Pirates              Cheryl                            Received

San Diego Padres              Vickie                            In the mail

San Francisco Giants         Vickie                            Received

St. Louis Cardinals             Carol                             Received

Washington Nationals         Donna                           Received

Moms, please check this list.  Any new contacts completed with a yes or no?  Items received?

Views: 354

Replies to This Discussion

I may as well start.  I've been calling teams.  I have also called the Commissioner of Baseball's office.  One of the VPs in charge of public relations will be calling me back tomorrow.  I thought they might be helpful in getting postcards and team logo stickers from the teams in Canada.  I have also spoken with the Boston Red Sox, Baltimore Orioles and NY Yankees.  (If you know me, you will understand how very hard it was for me to call the Yankees; and, if you don't know me yet, the problem is because I am a HUGE fan of New England sports teams - Red Sox, Patriots, Celtics, Bruins, & Revolution.)  My results so far:

Ryan from the Orioles asked me to send him a personal email with my request, which I have done.

Mike from the Red Sox will be getting some things to me.

The NY Yankees contact will be calling me back.

I've asked specifically for postcards and team logo stickers.  If given the opportunity, I mentionned if they would like to send some team items I will get them the POC name and address so they can ship the items directly (& Molly's won't have to pay!)

I stopped calling when I realized there were others asking for things.  So if you have any calls, emails or letters out, please leave a comment on what you found out, along w/what way did you make contact, who you talked to/heard from & the answer.

NYPC

I find it strange that this was posted at 7:32 pm - and it is only 6:47 pm.  Wow, we can see into the future!
Well you know the west coast never sleeps, and so the east coast has to work harder and faster because we run out of time sooner!!!  LOL

WOW NYPD ---Im with Cheryl here , whoosh it sounds like you have done this before.

Gosh I wish I had a team near me.

I can tell you with our govenors letters during the 4th of July, we have gotten the best results when a mom from that state has asked (not too sure if this info helps here) but just tossing some statistics your way (lol lol statistics is a baseball term)

OK now this sounnds goofy but bear with me ----- you know those baseball cards you get your sons picture on with stats.  Why couldnt we find the company who does that and do baseball stat cards for the Marines?   Put the groups logo vs a face and that stats could be something like HMH 465 Febuary 2011 A-stan Always protecting America , Semper Fi etc etc ????   Could be cute and we would not have to get too many of them 300 would be GREAT , but we would take however many they would either make at wholesale prices or donate ?   WHO wants the task of trying to get this for them

Oh, Molly, all the west coast teams have been nabbed.  People move fast around here for sure!!!  Want to get their favorite teams, but how about we put you down for either the Colorado Rockies or the Toronto Blue Jays?  We wouldn't want to leave you out of the fun...

LOVED your idea of baseball cards.  I don't have anyone young enough to play Little League anymore, but that is where we got baseball cards of Andrew.  Maybe someone here can look into that.  Picture day will come up soon, but if we got the company name then we could go straight to them now before they get busy??!!

I will ask my neighbors who have young children, but they are hardly ever home.  Must be because they have children who need to be ferried everywhere.   Ahh, the good old days - before they grew up and joined the military and turned our hair gray & we had to fix that so as to keep from looking old before our time.  Never thought I'd long for those long days on the bleachers and got 'bleacher-bottom'!!  hahaha

Seattle Mariners...  Nancy is writing them...  I have a postcard of the stadium and a sticker from scrapbooking to send you...  Also sending along a picture of us at a game... you can put the caption 'Wish you were here!" under the picture!!

Ladies, the Tampa Bay Rays are onboard with a big YES!  He he he...hoping for 300 something!  They are "gathering some fun items and are sending to us."  Go Rays!

Dana is there anything you can't accomplish!!!  BZ!!
OK, so we know you are a Rays fan ... would you consider going after the Florida Marlins next??  It isn't like they are in the same league or anything.  Just wondering.
Mariners have the same rules about official letterhead. So, that is in the works right now. We can only wait and see what happens at this point.
Not one of the teams I called asked for a letter on official letterhead.  I told them about MAS & what I wanted; they said OK & asked for me to send them an email they could keep on file!!  Did you try calling and talking to Community Relations or Public Affairs?  I have their number if you want it.  Just let me know.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service