This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Ok, so my fiance graduated boot camp on 5/6/11 and he is now in P-cola for AIRR. He said they are on hold for classes so he's expected to be there probably until the end of the year at least. What I need to know mainly is about BAH. He is going through the beginning paperwork (CHIT?) for us to get married as soon as possible. Since we are not yet married, and he can't live off base during Aschool, I am just moving down there at our own expense. My main question is....once we are officially married, will he be given BAH for an apartment that we are getting off base. I really don't understand everything fully. I have read several different things...one telling me one thing and then another, but he says as soon as we are married we will get the BAH to compensate for the apartment we are getting. I really just need some info ladies! & if you have any suggestions or ways to correctly go about this...please feel free to help!

Also, if anyone is looking to move to Pensacola, FL or is already there looking for roommates...I am interested!!

Thanks!

Views: 386

Replies to This Discussion

dmb...you are moving to pcola too?  I am excited for you :)  The 27th will be here before you know it! 

Brittany...You are moving in 1 week?  Way to go!  I didn't actually get to go down to pcola so I looked for apartments via internet and reviews.  I hope we both like austinwood!

Devyn....did they look nice?  It is gated and right by base :)  You are so lucky that you are close to pcola that you get to see your man often.  I really miss my hubby.  Can't wait till the 10th!!!  Austinwood is a bit pricey you are right, Crystal Lakes is cheaper and I saw them online as well.  They might even be having a special.  Also another wife I was talking to on here moved to Sandalwood.  She said it is like 5 mins from base and she said she likes it a lot.  They are cheaper than austinwood too.  So maybe you should look into those two.  I won't have a job down there so that is stressing me out a bit.  I have had a job since I was 15...so this is a first with no job.  I would like to find something part time.

Ladies...we should def all hang out since we will be relocating to Pcola!  I am excited for all of us!

At Austin Wood with the special its 855 a month, hubby thinks BAH there is 1046.. so its a little tight, but we didnt have a choice! We looked at Crystal Lake first, cuz someone on base recommended it, but they denied us! (We are having some problems because a sublet we did to some friends at an old apt went bad and is showing up on OUR rent history).

I didnt get to go down and see the places, I looked on line, and hubby went in to Austin Wood to set everything up the day after he phased up! I drive down on the 26th! and my parents are driving my stuff down that Saturday!!  Dyl said that the place looks really nice

Yep i'm moving too :) Thanks! It's coming very fast. My parents are actually beginning their journey with my things next Thursday. We all should get together. :)

Brittany- I know what you mean. We were torn between Crystal Lake and Austin wood. I talked to both of them on the phone a lot and through email. The woman said Active Duty gets instant approval, which was nice :) I loved all of their amenities and etc, it seems VERY nice. I couldn't talk my hubby into though because when we get there we are also going to be looking for another vehicle.

Devyn- I have also heard good things about Sandalwood apartments.

I hope the job opportunities are good in Pensacola. I'll be looking for one once I'm there.

We will need a second vehicle eventually too! My husbands truck was totaled the night before he left from bootcamp by a "friend" and I had already canceled the insurance on it.. sigh! our plan is to save save save while in Pcola then go from there.

We should def. all hang out! I know my hubbys very worried about me not knowing anyone... worried that i wont "be happy" away from my friends and family! umm babe all i care about being with you again!

So, this might be a dumb question, but I see some of you are planning on moving to Pennsacola for A school with your husbands.  Are you all just planning on living there for a few months then??  Or do you know if your husband will be stationed there after A school?  Are these apartments places working with you if it is just a few months, or are you signing leases? 

My husband should be there around 5 to 6months because of the wait time and we only signed a 7month lease. If for some reason his school is shorter and we get PCS orders they respect the military clause, letting us break the lease if the navy moves us.
And then I guess my other questions would be, Are you trying to find a job for just 7 months then?  Or not working?  What is your husbands rate?  When did you find out when his classes would actually start?

Ihavent worked since our 18month old was born, I just finished my Associates this semester actually. Our time in Pensacola I get to take off from school, since I dont want to start a semester and not be able to finish. Hubby said he wants me to relax and go to the beach lol Then once we are at our first duty station Ill finish my degree out =)

He is AE and he still doesnt know when his school will start just the estimated wait time.. They dont like to give out info lol

Right, I wouldn't work either.  We've got two kids at home.  I haven't really at all considered moving down the FL, but reading all this is really making me wish it was an option.  My husbands A school is going to be 16 weeks.  I am staying with my parents now, which really makes me want to move down there, but we're also going to be able to save quite a bit, since I don't really have any housing expense.  Good luck with your move!
Hey Devyn, I did ALL of the same things you are about to do. My husband came here after basic for AIRR, and I moved down on my own expense. We did a beach wedding down here, was pretty simple to do. I would go on and on about bah and what not, but I feel like I would just continue writing stuff and then remember more stuff later :) if you want to message me, or facebook me feel free :) I will try to answer anything I can!!!
p.s. I moved down here in January from WI, we got married in February and we are FINALLY getting BAH on this next pay check, just a heads up on how this all works. I knew it would take a few pay cycles to process but sometimes it can get discouraging because you keep thinking it will be the next check and its not.

Did they go back and pay you the bah from february on??

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service