This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
I wanted to start a group with others that have Nukes that are at the same stage of the program as my son.  Looking forward to many discussions!

Views: 1336

Replies to This Discussion

LOL...well I wouldnt mind if I had a retirement place....LOL....but it is nice to be able to visit him. Its funny too, I guess he thinks he has to call EVERY evening! But I love it. Glad your son has family close.

And wow that cat sounds huge! Can picture him on ur keyboard! :)

I also figured they would graduate A school mid November. I was thinking they would be home for Thanksgiving. My son told me he won't be home for leave after A school : (

My son lived in Nevada before boot camp. On leave, he will need to fly out to Vegas to pack up his belongings and drive his car back to GC. He is going to try as little leave as possible so that he can come home for a longer time at Christmas. I guess I will wait and see what happens.
Mine is also trying to balance the time in Nov and Dec.  I guess he'll wait and see what happens.  Not sure what he is going to do about his stuff at his dad's in CA and we're not sure if his car will make it to GC.  At least it's better than boot, I can talk to him any time and find out how he's doing.
some of there time off for the holidays should not count against there leave days accured. Military usually get like a 72 or 96 around the holidays anyways.

Colin just called....said they took there final math test today....thinks he did well or ok...wont find out till monday...phased up, got to drive his car today to there Voluntold job! Said him and some of his class mates are going bowling tonight and partaking in some adult beverages!

:))

My son texted me today. He said he did well on his final math exam and no longer has any madatory study hours. He is on volunteer hours only. Yeah!! I hope you all got good news too! He said the class average was 3.4 wich is pretty good.  He said there were a few guys however that did not get to phase up and some that got maximum study hours.

On not such a good note, the whole class was "screwing off" and got silent orders for the week. I am not 100% sure, but I think that means they are not allowed to talk in the classroom. Hopefully they all learn their lesson and this doesn't happen again. 

Yeah, they were talking too loud and when they were told to be quiet a petty officer heard it and they all got in trouble.  lol, guess they were in a good mood and got a bit carried away.  lesson learned.  My son did GREAT on the test!  He didn't get to phase up cuz he arrived at A school with a raging case of pneumonia and they stuck him in the special PT.  As sick as he was (and he was REALLY sick) it was a wonder to me that he was still upright.  He's one tough cookie!  Now even though he can pass the PT test (which he did last week) it doesn't "count" cuz he did it with his class and not the special PT person.  Sucks, but that's the military for you.  Lots of rules don't make sense but what can you do.

He's also on zero hours tho so that makes him happy.  Glad your son did well.  Congratulations to him!

Oh, I guess part of their punishment is no civvies and they have to march everywhere for a while.  Mine said anywhere from a couple of days to a week depending on when they are deemed rehabilitated.

lol....yeah got that call from Colin also.....not happy that they have to change into there peanut butters for study and chow! oh well....they will learn. He also was happy about his final math grade and glad the math part is over....really enjoying the labs they are doing now! Phased up.....doing good so far, hopefully they wont be punished for too long!

Congratulations to the rest of your boys!

my son is in nuke school as an EM..I veiwed this tday from the videos for N4M.. enjoy :)

Thank HonorHim... Nice of you to think of us. I appreciate it, but I already have seen it.  When my son was going throught the process of enlisting, I googled anything and everything I could find relating to the Nuke program and that video was part of my discoveries. Maybe someone else in this discussion hasn't seen it yet. Keep sharing any new discoveries, who knows what else is out there to read or watch.  Thanks again!

They had another exam today. My son did well. I am so happy that he seems to have found his niche. He says that next week, he is going to have his wisdom teeth removed. Tonight he and some buddies are going to the bar on base. (I can't remember what he said it was called) They can walk to and home from it. No drinking and driving risk. No cab needed either. Makes me worry a little less.

Cindy, its called the Dive. almost right behind there barracks, short walk. I guess they went and had a few brews and played darts!

They were finally taken off quiet punishment, so back in civies!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service