This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
I wanted to start a group with others that have Nukes that are at the same stage of the program as my son.  Looking forward to many discussions!

Views: 1336

Replies to This Discussion

My son is also in this class as a MM. I know they increased his study hours so I am not sure how well he is doing. He did say some of the others had their hours increased even more than his. I am not sure what that means. He wants us to ship up his car but doesn't have any info about how to do it. I did send him some civilian clothes though.

your son just has to go and request a sticker for his car on base. when we took colins down there we just met at a common area, placed the sticker and his dad had to drive it to the student parking lot for him, as they had not phased up yet. shipping can be expensive, where are you shipping it from?

mine was hoping to have his study hrs reduced as he has been doing pretty good so far, I know they have another test on tuesday (today), so hopefully he does well enough to get them dropped. Makes for a long day at the schoolhouse, and week-end study, but you do what you have to do.

I hope your son does well Betsyleebig!

Also said they have Columbus day off.....so will have a long week-end, Colins hoping to be able to drive home for a couple days!

Mine has the opposite situation..no mandatory hours.  Here's hoping he doesn't slack off and let his grades drop.  I guess it doesn't matter what they do, we will worry about them forever being their moms. lol  I know they will all be successful.

I heard their Captain is known for some of the largest numbers of mastings in the fleet...mostly alcohol related so tell them to be careful!

What  are  mastings?
Disciplinary committees...actions can range from fairly minor to separation from the Navy.  Less severe than a court martial but nothing to take lightly either.  To be avoided if at all possible.

So our Nukes had another test today. My son said he did very well. His best score yet!  I am glad that things are going so well for him. He had a rough couple years  financially before bootcamp. He seems so motivated and happy!  Keep it up!

I hope everyone gets good news!  Got to go, I am celebrating 26 years of marriage tonight! Got to give my hubby some attention!

congratulations Cindy, Colin also said he did well on this last test. Thank God! Sounded motivated, guess they have one more test before they phase up again, only covering 6 chapters for this test though! :0 He is planning to drive home for Columbus Day week-end, Will be great to have him home, if only for a couple days!
Yep, mine did well too.  Yea for all of our sailors!!!  Asked him about the time between A school and Power school.  He said they've been told it could be up to a 5 month wait since they are the first class to go onto "T" track.  Yikes, that seems like a looooong time.  Guess I may have to fly out to SC if I want to see him before Christmas.  Wish I wasn't so far away.  I'm going to send him a special treat...Popcornopolis!!!  He looooves the Zebra flavor.   Fortunately I can order it online and have it mailed to him.
thats alot of days to clean out ponds! LOL...oh well what can u do! Colin also said that Power school prob wouldnt be untill jan/feb time frame!

I think my son is a week ahaed of yours, but this is what I am learning...  He comes home for the first time Dec 21 - Jan 3.  We were going to go there for Thanksgiving and have HIM rent one of the apartments ( called Foster Creek Villas.   $70ish/night Phone number  843-764-2120- your son needs to book it) but he said not to come.  He wants to use all of his leave for Christmas

Grades- they call a nuke student with a 2.5 or greater a nuke upon graduation :).  Don't worry about class ranking, but staying above a 2.5.  Extra study is given to all with lower grades (my son has 25 hours/week)

In his class, 2 have been sent home with depression.  Many have been disciplined for drinking, etc.  Overall my son really seems to be in good spirits and not at all homesick, which is surprising to me. 

Some nice gifts- fitted sheets, microwavable snacks (and small microwavable dishes, like a big cup to heat up soup) a subway gift card, breakfast bars, nuts.  If you have any ideas- let me know.

Hope you all have skype or something too, so you can see them when you are talking to them :)

Congrats to all your sons!  They have a great career ahead of them! 

Hi Dani!

We thought you left us when you realized your son was ahead of us. I understand about what you are saying about the grades and ranking, I am just  glad that my son is doing well because I am happy that he is not struggling. He has had enough struggles over the last few years. They all work hard and I hope that when all is said and done, they are all happy!  That is terrible about the guys who left for depression. I worry sometimes that if they don't like what they are doing, they will be stuck for quit some time. Lets hope our sailors won't find themselves with any regrets or depression.

The Subway gift card is a great idea! I am in the middle of putting together a package for my son. Thanks for the idea.

Hate to hear that some of these young people are suffering from depression. It is very mentally challanging and very time consuming, I cant imagine what its like for ur son to have 25hrs study, Colin complains about 15hrs which was suppose to be dropped to 10 according to his SLPO, but of course that paper wasnt turned in on time....so hopefully next week it will get turned in. Can be exausting trying to manage ur time ......Colin uses the Gym as a way to release stress, which works well for him. He also sounds like he has gotten himself into a pretty decent routine were he can manage his time which seems to have helped reduce the stress.

On a better note, Colin was approved for over night Liberty this week-end as his girlfriend is heading down there today to visit for the week-end! They booked a room at the Villas, which by the way, u really need to book well in advance as there are limited apartments.

He said they had a "surprize exam" yesterday morning and only 4 people passed! WOW......was releived to hear he was one of the 4! My understanding is they phase up again sometime next week, then one more exam before completing A school. Hoping all ur sailors do well!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service