This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…
I wanted to start a group with others that have Nukes that are at the same stage of the program as my son.  Looking forward to many discussions!

Views: 1336

Replies to This Discussion

turns out Colins roomate had to have his appendix out! Glad thats all it was!
Thank goodness!  I think his mother Tammy is on Nuke School Charleston Group. If you haven't spoke with her beore, you have a fabulous opportunity to meet her now that the scare is over.

Last test today and comps on Monday...Good luck to all our sailors!!!  Study hard and make it happen!  I know they will all do well.

So ladies, big test for our kids tomorrow! Good luck to all. Colin informed me that schedule permitting he will drive home for Turkey day. If so he will be bringing 2 other guys with him, Terry and Jake, maybe they belong to one of you moms! :)

Hoping the schedule for watch/duty works in there favor and they can come. Also said that there hold schedule will give quite a bit of free time, 8 hours on 3 days off! WOW!

How lucky for you all that Colin can drive home for T-day.  I miss my son so much.  I even dreamed he flew down to surprise me and woke up crying.  His hug from my dream still feels real.  Silly, mushy mom!  Sadly my son has nowhere to go for the holiday so will be stuck on base.  He's shy so won't ask anyone to join them.  Maybe a holiday by himself will force him to get over the shyness.  I am so looking forward to Christmas, even if I have to spend it in a motel in SC.  I'm going to see my kid or die trying.  

I talked to my son today and he said that even though he hasn't had any mandatory study time since the beginning of A school, this weekend starting on Friday, he had to put in 3 hours every day to prepare for comps. I am confident that everyone will do well.  I don't know for sure, but, I think my son is going to be honorman grad. With the exception of the first test wich he placed 2nd highest, he has had high score on every test since. I am feeling terrible that if he is, I will not be there at his graduation to acknowlede this great honor. I tell him every week how proud of him I am. I would be proud no matter what his placement. I just don't want him to think I don't care. I also wish it was like PIR and you  could buy a DVD of the ceremony. Maybe you can, does anyone know? I want pictures!!!

My son will also be staying on base for Thanksgiving. He doesn't want to sign up for adopt a sailor. He said it would  be weird to spend the holiday with strangers. He is hoping that some of his friends will stay too and they can go out to dinner. I hope he isn't alone for Thanksgiving!  He is going to try to get a chit to allow him to go to Vegas after graduation to pick up his truck and belongings, that way he can spend Christmas with us. I hope and pray!  I think we all need to see our boys!  I have seen my son for only an half a day in the past year. that was at his boot camp PIR!

CindyLou, my sons girlfriends is going down for graduation and I told her she better take pictures of them ALL! So maybe your son will be in some pics. I will deffinately unload the pics once I get them!

YAY....they ALL passed!!!! so proud, colin got 3rd highest score in his class!

Yayyy!  Amanda, I see you changed your name to contain grad hold, but they are on T-tracks. Grad hold is after power school. That will be here before we know it. Thank you so much to offer to have your  sons girlfriend take some pictures. Could you please ask her if she can take some of ther honorman graduate when he is awarded acknowledgement.. Can you believe how smart our kids are? I hope they continue to exceed in this program, As long as they are doing this well, i feel like we don't need to worry that they are too stressed. My son seems very happy and that makes me happy!

will do CindyLou...and thanks for the correction, I will fix now...lol!

Amanda, Shannon, Betsyleebig and anyone else who visits our group,

I have started a T-tracks group for our new power school group in holding. I originally was going to change our name but realized that we will be combined with many other A schools and it would be confusing. I just started a new group that way it can include everyone. We will be the first in the T-tracks along with class 1136 each week our new group will get bigger and bigger until the class fills up and we start power school.  Look forward to continuing our friendship!.  : )

That sounds great CindyLou, where can I find the group?  I finally got to skype with my son last night.  He was so excited to show me all his crows.  He made second in the class and will graduate with honors which was the goal he had set for himself.  We were so happy to see him so happy.   I so wish I could be there to see him recognized.  Are pictures allowed? Spencer said there are no cameras or video allowed at all in the building because of security. Congratulations to all our kids...they have done themselves proud!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service