RTC has graciously opened up the Chapel on Base for overflow of extra Guests. There have been FAQ as to how exactly this works .
RTC has written a Note on their FB Page to explain all of the details of overflow Guests at PIR.
PLEASE, PLEASE read their Note BEFORE making a decision of taking extra Guests to PIR. There are limitations.
I am going to make a bullet list of some of the things that stand out to me about their Note, but make sure you read their Note.
They end this Note cautioning folks to "carefully consider" the points they make "closely" when deciding to access RTC as an extra Guest. These are not suggestions folks but what will happen as an overflow guest in the Chapel.,
- The overflow area in the Chapel is not an open invitation to bring several extra guests. It is provided as a courtesy.
- However, there is no limit, BUT please consider that they have a limited amount of staff and there is a capacity limit to the Chapel.
- Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult over 18 AND they cannot be left alone. ALL Guests must have the proper photo ID just like a Guest entering the PIR Hall. No ID, no Chapel.
- Extra Guests will check in at the Visitors Center and then will wait in a holding room until they are escorted over to the Chapel. It is a 1/4 mile walk. Use of wheelchairs are limited as they need them in the PIR hall as well.
- Once you are in the Chapel you may not leave until the end of PIR. Guests are not allowed to wander around RTC unescorted. There are restrictions as to where you may be in the Chapel as well.
- There are no vending machines in the Chapel and no food and drink allowed. ONLY water. PLEASE consider this if you have someone with dietary needs and/or have small children. You may be waiting up to 3 1/2 hours between the holding area and the Chapel.
- IF the Livestream goes down you will have to remain in the Chapel until the end of PIR and you are escorted back to the Visitors Center.
- PLEASE read the paragraph for those who have Sailors that will be going to Great Lakes A school carefully. You most likely won't see your Sailor directly after PIR as you have to be escorted back to the Visitors Center. The new Sailors only have about 10-15 minutes directly after PIR to visit with Family before leaving them to go get their belongings an transfer over to TSC GL.
- The last section about why Recruits may not "borrow" seats from another Recruit is very important. The one that stands out to me the most is that this practice is not allowed as it is a security breach. Your Sailor is accountable for those that they allow to come on board RTC. If they were allowed to put other Recruits Guests on their lists they would be accountable for strangers.
Here is the link to the RTC Note in full:
Additional guests for Pass-In-Review (graduation)
I hope this helps. RTC really wants to be accommodating they just have some limitations.