This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Am I the only one that HAS NOT received the much anticipated phone call yet? (PIR 12/3)

I'm looking for someone with common ground.

Views: 206

Replies to This Discussion

Hi. Thank you for responding. Everyone that I'm friends with on this site has gotten a phone call. Her last letter stated that she was appointed "ship staff" and then her next letter she stated that they "promoted" her to "HEAD" of ship staff...and that she has a ton of responsibility and if her division fails an inspection it's on HER...that was a letter that I got early last week...one of the moms said that their daughter told them that the RDC's "check off" that you've called home successfully...the last time she called was when they flew into Chicago airport and she told me to expect a box the 1st week, a letter the 2nd week, and a call by the 3rd. week...well, we're in her 5th week...I feel like I'm loosing my mind...I want to call Great Lakes and see WHAT in the world in going on...{{{sigh}}}
Vanessa
Hey Vanessa! If you can find some more people in your son's Ship/Division, you may get a better idea of what is going on. Most people in my son's Ship/Div received phone calls last Friday. Phone calls are a privelage so if they are not doing something right, they may not get one. I would expect that, if no one in that group has received a call, you should get on ethis week. Luke's call came through as Unknown Number and he called back two more times before I answered it.
Hi. Thank you for responding. Everyone that I'm friends with on this site has gotten a phone call. Her last letter stated that she was appointed "ship staff" and then her next letter she stated that they "promoted" her to "HEAD" of ship staff...and that she has a ton of responsibility and if her division fails an inspection it's on HER...that was a letter that I got early last week...one of the moms said that their daughter told them that the RDC's "check off" that you've called home successfully...the last time she called was when they flew into Chicago airport and she told me to expect a box the 1st week, a letter the 2nd week, and a call by the 3rd. week...well, we're in her 5th week...I feel like I'm loosing my mind...I want to call Great Lakes and see WHAT in the world in going on...{{{sigh}}}
Vanessa
We have received 2 calls. One about the box and another one that we missed. I don't consider that a successful call home if you never got to talk to someone. I am about to loose it as well. Here we are with 18 days left and no verbal communication I think is really sad, People get to call home from Federal Prison and our boys are going to serve our country and can't get a call home in 43 day. Doesn't seem right and I am about at a breaking point. I am going to give it til the end of the week and I am I am going to call
GL and see what the H__l is going on.
Hi Cadams.
I'm so sorry for what you're going thru...I honestly thought that I was loosing my mind...but I DID get a 5 min. call from my daughter last Sunday and she cried the entire time stating that she was on "watch" every time her division got phone priviledges..and she had been asking her chief RDC to please let her call home and she told me that everytime she asked he'd yell "PHONE CALLS ARE OVERATED MOORE(her last name)!!!!" so she didn't want to get herself in trouble, so I'm right there with you...please , please let us know when you DO get a call...it will be soon, i'm sure.
~Vanessa
I have not received a call either.my son is also in charge so maybe that has something to do with it? You're not alone.
thank you...I don't feel quite so alone now !!!! Is he "ship staff"? (don't really know what that means) But your son and my daughter are on the same ship...maybe that means something.
I'm not sure what his title is only that he is in charge of 80 recruits.
You should be getting one soon I just got mine i'm so happy but it was only like 10 min.
thank you...did you get your call today?
Vanessa
I JUST got my call today... it was 8 minutes and felt like about 30 seconds.... they are all doing fine... just miss home!
I have not recieved any calls since he has gotten to bootcamp. He has sent me two letters that I read and reread in case I have forgotten anything.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service