This site is for mothers of kids in the U.S. Navy and for Moms who have questions about Navy life for their kids.

FIRST TIME HERE?

FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO GET STARTED:

Choose your Username.  For the privacy and safety of you and/or your sailor, NO LAST NAMES ARE ALLOWED, even if your last name differs from that of your sailor (please make sure your URL address does not include your last name either).  Also, please do not include your email address in your user name. Go to "Settings" above to set your Username.  While there, complete your Profile so you can post and share photos and videos of your Sailor and share stories with other moms!

Make sure to read our Community Guidelines and this Navy Operations Security (OPSEC) checklist - loose lips sink ships!

Join groups!  Browse for groups for your PIR date, your sailor's occupational specialty, "A" school, assigned ship, homeport city, your own city or state, and a myriad of other interests. Jump in and introduce yourself!  Start making friends that can last a lifetime.

Link to Navy Speak - Navy Terms & Acronyms: Navy Speak

All Hands Magazine's full length documentary "Making a Sailor": This video follows four recruits through Boot Camp in the spring of 2018 who were assigned to DIV 229, an integrated division, which had PIR on 05/25/2018. 

Boot Camp: Making a Sailor (Full Length Documentary - 2018)

Boot Camp: Behind the Scenes at RTC

...and visit Navy.com - America's Navy and Navy.mil also Navy Live - The Official Blog of the Navy to learn more.

OPSEC - Navy Operations Security

Always keep Navy Operations Security in mind.  In the Navy, it's essential to remember that "loose lips sink ships."  OPSEC is everyone's responsibility. 

DON'T post critical information including future destinations or ports of call; future operations, exercises or missions; deployment or homecoming dates.  

DO be smart, use your head, always think OPSEC when using texts, email, phone, and social media, and watch this video: "Importance of Navy OPSEC."

Follow this link for OPSEC Guidelines:

OPSEC GUIDELINES

Events

**UPDATE 4/26/2022** Effective with the May 6, 2022 PIR 4 guests will be allowed.  Still must be fully vaccinated to attend.

**UPDATE as of 11/10/2022 PIR vaccination is no longer required.

**UPDATE 7/29/2021** You now must be fully vaccinated in order to attend PIR:

In light of observed changes and impact of the Coronavirus Delta Variant and out of an abundance of caution for our recruits, Sailors, staff, and guests, Recruit Training Command is restricting Pass-in-Review (recruit graduation) to ONLY fully immunized guests (14-days post final COVID vaccination dose).  

FOLLOW THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFO:

RTC Graduation

**UPDATE 8/25/2022 - MASK MANDATE IS LIFTED.  Vaccinations still required.

**UPDATE 11/10/22 PIR - Vaccinations no longer required.

RESUMING LIVE PIR - 8/13/2021

Please note! Changes to this guide happened in October 2017. Tickets are now issued for all guests, and all guests must have a ticket to enter base. A separate parking pass is no longer needed to drive on to base for parking.

Please see changes to attending PIR in the PAGES column. The PAGES are located under the member icons on the right side.

Format Downloads:

Navy Speak

Click here to learn common Navy terms and acronyms!  (Hint:  When you can speak an entire sentence using only acronyms and one verb, you're truly a Navy mom.)

N4M Merchandise

Shirts, caps, mugs and more can be found at CafePress.

Please note: Profits generated in the production of this merchandise are not being awarded to the Navy or any of its suppliers. Any profit made is retained by CafePress.

Navy.com Para Familias

Visite esta página para explorar en su idioma las oportunidades de educación y carreras para sus hijos en el Navy. Navy.com

Badge

Loading…

Hi Mom's

My son is scheduled  for PIR on 2/4/11 an assigned to ship 11 div 061. I could not find any groups for moms who's sons are assigned to ship 11 div 61. Sooo I am hoping we could get together here and compare notes from our sons.  I dont know much about this division, I have read from other moms that certain divisions mean certain things.  Well I hope to hear from you guys :)

Views: 549

Replies to This Discussion

That is exactly what i did. If you put a sheet over my christmas tree, you wouldnt even know it was christmas. lol.

I have to get my older son fom college today, hes coming home for x-mas break. He is also depressed, his girlfriend is in Japan and i know that he is really missing her.

Have a feeling its going to be like living in the 'house of gloom' for the next month. I will be on my computer on N4M's, and he will be on his doing his Skype with her.

I am so proud of both of my sons, but i never thought i would be missing the days of laundry and running them around. Have to face the fact that we are moving on to a different phase of our lives.

Its kinda sad:(

Maybe i'll hit the lottery and this all wont seem so bad! What do you think??? lol

Kim...only your rct can tell you for sure if he is G&G...make sure you ask for verification. Just going to A school in GL doesn't make him G&G BUT if he is G&G that is the best situation.

no letters yet, my son, jared did call on wednesday but he just need some papers faxed to him, i didnt get to talk to him but his wive did and she told me thats he's been sick for the past week and a half with a cold but he sounded happy and said they were going swimming the next day....hopefully inside!

I hear that alot of the time, recruits get sick. I hope not. When mine gets sick, he gets sick!!

I dont know about you guys, but im ready for some kind of contact with our SR's. It's time already. Hopefully soon. It would be so nice of them if they acknowledge christmas in there in someway.

Even if its just a phone call home.  But thats probably wishing to much.

Maybe ill make that my christmas wish. lol

Thanks Jessica, I will be sure to ask my son when he calls if he's G&G. 

Yes Jan, I'm so ready for some contact but no letters or phone calls yet for me either.  Enough already!  I need to hear his voice.  My husband and I went out with some old friends last night and it was so very hard to hear them talking about their kids that have come home from college for the Christmas break.  Hearing about them all hangin out, shopping, sledding, skiing, etc. together.  That brought me to my first break down.  I cried and cried.  I'm a lot better today.  I think I really needed that cry.  I know my son is in a great place and doing a great thing and I'm so very proud of him.  So Jan, I'm making that my Christmas wish too. 

Well it is Sunday, I am hoping our kids get a chance to write today. I am dying ot hear how things are going. My son is not a big writer so I am expecting something short and sweet and that is quite ok with me.  I am sure his letter will be direct and to the point.  The last letter I wrote I asked him questions so he has a quide. I remeber seeing a questioner somewhere to download but when I went back to find it I couldnt. Do any of you guys remeber where it was. I really would like to find it.

Kelly-- Ya the questinare is on our PIR page,near the top, under 'discussions' If you dont see it, click on 'view all' and you  will see it there.

I am going to send my son just one a day, that way he will be sure to get mail everyday. :)

I also woke up this morning wondering if they are reading there mail right now and writing back. IWe are so anxious to hear from him. I know his girlfriend is too,

I think once we star to actually correspond with them, that time will go faster. These 3 weeks have been the slowest three weeks of my life, honest to God!

It's been three weeks already, but then again it seems like forever since we saw our recruits.  Has anyone gotten a call or letter yet?  I'm sure hoping he can call on Christmas.  That would make this mama the happiest mama on earth.  :)  Have a great day everyone!!!

My sons girlfriend received a letter today. And so did his uncle. But we did not receive one yet. Im hoping tomorrow, because my mail always seems to be a day behind (we live in the boonies). lol

Both of their letters were very short. Niether one referred to any of the mail that they sent to him. Needless to say, his girlfriend was upset. Her first letter from him was nothing like she 'dreamed' it would be, lol She said he never mentioned anything or answered any questions that she had written him. Leading me to believe that he has'nt been given any of his mail that we wrote him. How about you guys? Any indication that they have received our mail?

He said this division was'nt doing that well with their marching, a few of the boys were having trouble staying in step, maybe that is holding everything up.??

Let me know if you guys have any input:)))

omg I have had a sick feeling in my stomache today more so than the other days and then I read your post and I am hoping Chris is doing well.     Nobody in my family has recieved a letter. I am hoping soon.  I was at work today and was having anxiety about  Chris not being around. We are a very close knit family and with Christmas just a few days away I have been really having a hard time. I expressed this at work today but was reminded how luicky I am to have a son that was healthy and safe.   A co worker of mine has a very sick child. I felt so selfish and bad all day and then said a prayer that I am gratful for my childrens health.  I  cant help how I feel but I guess I was a bit insensitive.  I am truley grateful that he his a good boy and safe..........I will feel so much better once I get a letter........
Yes!  Today was my lucky day!  I received my first letter.  It was written on Sunday (19th) and post marked the 20th.  I beamed from ear to ear all day.  He sounded very upbeat and happy.  Although, I did not have any indication that my son had received any of my letters I wrote.  Potsie, my son did say the same thing as your's.  Some are have "a difficult time" with some of the stuff.  He said he's made friends with a few of the guys and they work out together when they have "free" time. He also mentioned that shining shoes is not as easy as you think it is.  LOL!  Kelly, I bet you get your letter in the mail tomorrow. He is in a good place and he's safe.  Be strong!  This is a very hard thing for us Moms, but we can do this.  Before we know it, it will be February 4 and we will be hugging our SAILORS!!   

Kelly-- you dont seem insensitive at all..you were just having a bad day.:)

I hope what i said in my post didnt upset you in any way, i was just caught up in the moment.

I snapped (just a little, lol) at my husband on the phone today and he said 'just because you  didnt get a letter, you dont have to be in such a bad mood'. Oh well, he'll get over it. lol  Our family is really close also. But I dont think time has ever gone so slow.:)

KimB- im so glad to hear you got your letter today, i am expecting one tomorrow. And to hear your son sounded upbeat and happy makes me feel better, partly because they are in the same division! I hope the problems they are having pass quickly and that they are able to pull it together. I would hate to think they may be getting punished:(

I will keep you guys posted on what my letter has to offer, if anything.

I must admit, i have heard some moms on hear saying that they received several letters (6), and i was a little envious but happy for them at the same time.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Navy for Moms Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service